Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated

Go down 
+9
brownie13
EM:)
FC
Saeed
Straight Edge Bluntness
Nick C
Raza
YS
Error
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Male Posts : 185

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Durant is getting a lot of hype because the NBA is trying to market him as a replacement of Kobe Bryant as the future rival of LeBron James. He has horrible playmaking skills and is very turnover prone (3.6 turnover per game) despite not being the primary ballhandler on his own team. He also doesn't play a lick of defense. If Corey Maggette takes as many shots as he does, he would be just as good.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 am

Error wrote:
Kobe Bryant wasn't his team's 1st option when he entered the NBA. He was a bench warmer, until Phil Jackson saw potential in him like Coach Pop saw potential in George Hill.

So Kobe was riding the bench while Durant was out dropping 30 a game.

This really helps your argument...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Retard. Compare Kobe Bryant's supporting cast back when he averaged 35 PPG to now.

Ok..but that was when Kobe was 28. When he was 21 like Durant, he only averaged 22/6/4. Durant is obviously better, right?

Retard, Kobe Bryant averaged 30 in the playoffs as a second option. He's a BEAST.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 am

Error wrote:
Nick C (Suspended by Y!A) wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

I have a Black Belt in Karate and I box. Dream on.

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.

I happen to be top student at my class. Basketball is my forte. LBJ is the best.

QUICK!
What is the avagadro's number?
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Kobe Bryant wasn't his team's 1st option when he entered the NBA. He was a bench warmer, until Phil Jackson saw potential in him like Coach Pop saw potential in George Hill.

So Kobe was riding the bench while Durant was out dropping 30 a game.

This really helps your argument...

Inferior, it explains Kobe's lack of points per game. Back at Durant's age he wasn't the team's franchise player like Durant was.
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 am

I never said lebron sucks, this guy just treats him like god. And to say KD can't play defense. In the oklahomas series kobe started 6-13 from the field. 4th quarter with durant on him he went something like 1-7
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.

I happen to be top student at my class. Basketball is my forte. LBJ is the best.

QUICK!

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

In terms of skill, LJ isn't even the best in the NBA today. Nor is Bryant.

Success is measured by winning. By leadership.

Kobe- 5 Rings
Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Error wrote:
SRF: Believe wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
LeBron James averaging more points total average than Kevin Durant, but still contributing on play making and rebounding is what sets them two apart from each other. Inferior, give LeBron James Kevin Durant's roster and he'll surely bring the Thunder to the top of the elite in the West like he did with the CAVS in the east.

LeBron James 2010 free agency has come and it's the most anticipated. Why? King James.

1 point more. 1 point. That's nothing at all.

Lebron gets more playmaking opportunities is because the Cavs' playbook is "Give the ball to Lebron, set him a pick, and get out of the way". Lebron pretty much runs the point. Like YS said, Russell Westbrook is there for OKC, so Durant doesn't have the ball nearly as much as Lebron, yet puts up only ONE POINT less. The West is much better than the East, in case you haven't noticed...The West's 8th seed won 50 games (and it was the Durant-led Thunder). The 4th seed in the East won 50 games...so even though Lebron has 6 or 7 years of NBA experience and Durant has like 2, Durant's team would have been the 4th seed out East). Unfortunately for Durant, his team had to face the future NBA champions, so he didn't move on.

So, are you admitting LBJ is the best in the league and that he having the best record two yrs straight was because of him mainly? :3

Thanks for admitting, sugar.

Durant at age 21 isn't anything compared to King James at age 21!!!

Question....who do you think is better? Kobe or Durant?

Inferior, are you serious? Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant might shoot a higher FG % though.

But couldn't I make the argument then that Durant is better than Kobe because Kobe only average 22.5 (or it could have been 28.5...not sure exactly when he turned 21 but it was during one of these two seasons for sure) points when he was 21? So wouldn't that make Durant better than Kobe based on your logic on determining the better player?

What does George Hill have to do with this?
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:25 am

FC wrote:
I never said lebron sucks, this guy just treats him like god. And to say KD can't play defense. In the oklahomas series kobe started 6-13 from the field. 4th quarter with durant on him he went something like 1-7

While Kevin Durant was getting defended by Ron Artest? Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:25 am

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

That's fantastic about being the top student. I'm proud of you.

As for the basketball is your forte thing... eh... I'd stick to chopping wood with your bare hand.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

QUICK!

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?

QUICK!
Why can't you come up with creative insults?

Seriously...I'm getting bored.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
LeBron James averaging more points total average than Kevin Durant, but still contributing on play making and rebounding is what sets them two apart from each other. Inferior, give LeBron James Kevin Durant's roster and he'll surely bring the Thunder to the top of the elite in the West like he did with the CAVS in the east.

LeBron James 2010 free agency has come and it's the most anticipated. Why? King James.

1 point more. 1 point. That's nothing at all.

Lebron gets more playmaking opportunities is because the Cavs' playbook is "Give the ball to Lebron, set him a pick, and get out of the way". Lebron pretty much runs the point. Like YS said, Russell Westbrook is there for OKC, so Durant doesn't have the ball nearly as much as Lebron, yet puts up only ONE POINT less. The West is much better than the East, in case you haven't noticed...The West's 8th seed won 50 games (and it was the Durant-led Thunder). The 4th seed in the East won 50 games...so even though Lebron has 6 or 7 years of NBA experience and Durant has like 2, Durant's team would have been the 4th seed out East). Unfortunately for Durant, his team had to face the future NBA champions, so he didn't move on.

So, are you admitting LBJ is the best in the league and that he having the best record two yrs straight was because of him mainly? :3

Thanks for admitting, sugar.

Durant at age 21 isn't anything compared to King James at age 21!!!

Question....who do you think is better? Kobe or Durant?

Inferior, are you serious? Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant might shoot a higher FG % though.

But couldn't I make the argument then that Durant is better than Kobe because Kobe only average 22.5 (or it could have been 28.5...not sure exactly when he turned 21 but it was during one of these two seasons for sure) points when he was 21? So wouldn't that make Durant better than Kobe based on your logic on determining the better player?

What does George Hill have to do with this?

Lady Ga Ga is fail.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

QUICK!

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?

QUICK!

U mad? Do you have a Y!A account?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 am

Error.

Who would win this game.

Kobe+LeBron
vs.
Jordan+Magic
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

As for the basketball is your forte thing... eh... I'd stick to chopping wood with your bare hand.

I'm the best Basketball analyst.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:

AKA the best perimeter defender in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 am

K B S K wrote:
In terms of skill, LJ isn't even the best in the NBA today. Nor is Bryant.

Success is measured by winning. By leadership.

Kobe- 5 Rings
Plain and simple.

In terms of skill, LJ isn't. But, overall he's a BEAST.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

AKA the best perimeter defender in the NBA.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

QUICK!

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?

QUICK!

Yeah...I am mad....its 2:30 and the only reason I get on the computer is to be entertained.
You're boring me with "inferior"

Umm yeah I do have a Y!A account....everyone here does.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

WTF. No way.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 am

K B S K wrote:
Error.

Who would win this game.

Kobe+LeBron
vs.
Jordan+Magic

Jordan+Magic

Why?

Because Magic is the best B-Ball player in History.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 am

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

WTF. No way.

Yes, I am.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:
In terms of skill, LJ isn't. But, overall he's a BEAST.

He is, as is Kobe and Wade.

But this is about Durant, and back to the original topic, you can't call Durant overrated because he's not as good as the best players in the NBA...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am

Kevin Durant is an effing stud if he was a horse it would be an Arabian one of sorts. If he was a Skittle he would be the pink ones. Looks like he will be 1 of the top players in the NBA for a long time.

Last edited by TonyEM: I Inspire on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

QUICK!

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?

QUICK!

Yeah...I am mad....its 2:30 and the only reason I get on the computer is to be entertained.
You're boring me with "inferior"

Umm yeah I do have a Y!A account....everyone here does.

You fucking inferior, you're more annoying than that Dirk dickrider Jamaica Man.

Im the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next