Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated

Go down 
+9
brownie13
EM:)
FC
Saeed
Straight Edge Bluntness
Nick C
Raza
YS
Error
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Male Posts : 185

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Durant is getting a lot of hype because the NBA is trying to market him as a replacement of Kobe Bryant as the future rival of LeBron James. He has horrible playmaking skills and is very turnover prone (3.6 turnover per game) despite not being the primary ballhandler on his own team. He also doesn't play a lick of defense. If Corey Maggette takes as many shots as he does, he would be just as good.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:15 am

Error wrote:
U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Proof this guy never played basketball before
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 am

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

I have a Black Belt in Karate and I box. Dream on.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 am

K B S K wrote:
Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

I'll dunk on Anthony Carter
cheers
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:

I think he meant kick our ass in a game of basketball...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
David Stern's starting to change you too? I told you, he's marketing Durant as James' rival... Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant.

How? Durant gets more stats. Stern doesn't decide players' stats, they go out and get them.

Championships are team based, so according to you with the Jordan talk, that doesn't count.
Jordan had 5 MVPs compared to Lebron's 2 and you still said Lebron is better, so MVPs obviously don't count
Jordan had more than twice the amount of accomplishments than Lebron, but you say Lebron is better, so career accomplishments don't count.

What makes Kobe better than Durant to you?

Kobe Bryant scoring 35/5/5 a season > Kevin Durant's 30/8/3
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:17 am

Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:17 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Well... No comment. I'm more of a football player anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:

Okay, but that's back a long time ago. I'm talking about right now.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 am

Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Well... No comment. I'm more of a football player anyhow.

Prettu sure KD would beat you at that too
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 am

Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

Sure you do.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Okay, but that's back a long time ago. I'm talking about right now.

Kobe Bryant has a better supporting cast so he can't average what he use to.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:19 am

Error wrote:
SRF: Believe wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
LeBron James averaging more points total average than Kevin Durant, but still contributing on play making and rebounding is what sets them two apart from each other. Inferior, give LeBron James Kevin Durant's roster and he'll surely bring the Thunder to the top of the elite in the West like he did with the CAVS in the east.

LeBron James 2010 free agency has come and it's the most anticipated. Why? King James.

1 point more. 1 point. That's nothing at all.

Lebron gets more playmaking opportunities is because the Cavs' playbook is "Give the ball to Lebron, set him a pick, and get out of the way". Lebron pretty much runs the point. Like YS said, Russell Westbrook is there for OKC, so Durant doesn't have the ball nearly as much as Lebron, yet puts up only ONE POINT less. The West is much better than the East, in case you haven't noticed...The West's 8th seed won 50 games (and it was the Durant-led Thunder). The 4th seed in the East won 50 games...so even though Lebron has 6 or 7 years of NBA experience and Durant has like 2, Durant's team would have been the 4th seed out East). Unfortunately for Durant, his team had to face the future NBA champions, so he didn't move on.

So, are you admitting LBJ is the best in the league and that he having the best record two yrs straight was because of him mainly? :3

Thanks for admitting, sugar.

Durant at age 21 isn't anything compared to King James at age 21!!!

Question....who do you think is better? Kobe or Durant?

Inferior, are you serious? Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant might shoot a higher FG % though.

But couldn't I make the argument then that Durant is better than Kobe because Kobe only average 22.5 (or it could have been 28.5...not sure exactly when he turned 21 but it was during one of these two seasons for sure) points when he was 21? So wouldn't that make Durant better than Kobe based on your logic on determining the better player?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:19 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!

??

Was that an insult?

Its like saying...cancer, RUN!
Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Nick C (Suspended by Y!A) wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:

So Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant because his supporting cast is good?

How much sense does that make?
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!

??

Was that an insult?

Makes no sense.

You nigger, I'm gonna come to Y!A Basketball section and educate you all.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:20 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

So Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant because his supporting cast is good?

How much sense does that make?

Retard. Compare Kobe Bryant's supporting cast back when he averaged 35 PPG to now.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:20 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!

??

Was that an insult?

Makes no sense.

Yeah...cuz Y!A is the definition of educated basketball opinions Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 am

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
LeBron James averaging more points total average than Kevin Durant, but still contributing on play making and rebounding is what sets them two apart from each other. Inferior, give LeBron James Kevin Durant's roster and he'll surely bring the Thunder to the top of the elite in the West like he did with the CAVS in the east.

LeBron James 2010 free agency has come and it's the most anticipated. Why? King James.

1 point more. 1 point. That's nothing at all.

Lebron gets more playmaking opportunities is because the Cavs' playbook is "Give the ball to Lebron, set him a pick, and get out of the way". Lebron pretty much runs the point. Like YS said, Russell Westbrook is there for OKC, so Durant doesn't have the ball nearly as much as Lebron, yet puts up only ONE POINT less. The West is much better than the East, in case you haven't noticed...The West's 8th seed won 50 games (and it was the Durant-led Thunder). The 4th seed in the East won 50 games...so even though Lebron has 6 or 7 years of NBA experience and Durant has like 2, Durant's team would have been the 4th seed out East). Unfortunately for Durant, his team had to face the future NBA champions, so he didn't move on.

So, are you admitting LBJ is the best in the league and that he having the best record two yrs straight was because of him mainly? :3

Thanks for admitting, sugar.

Durant at age 21 isn't anything compared to King James at age 21!!!

Question....who do you think is better? Kobe or Durant?

Inferior, are you serious? Kobe Bryant is better than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant might shoot a higher FG % though.

But couldn't I make the argument then that Durant is better than Kobe because Kobe only average 22.5 (or it could have been 28.5...not sure exactly when he turned 21 but it was during one of these two seasons for sure) points when he was 21? So wouldn't that make Durant better than Kobe based on your logic on determining the better player?

Kobe Bryant wasn't his team's 1st option when he entered the NBA. He was a bench warmer, until Phil Jackson saw potential in him like Coach Pop saw potential in George Hill.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!

??

Was that an insult?

Makes no sense.

It will when Error comes and owns everyone.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:
Retard. Compare Kobe Bryant's supporting cast back when he averaged 35 PPG to now.

Ok..but that was when Kobe was 28. When he was 21 like Durant, he only averaged 22/6/4. Durant is obviously better, right?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:

Internet bully!

RUN!

AIDS, RUN!!!

??

Was that an insult?

Makes no sense.

It will when Error comes and owns everyone.

Way to be delusional
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 am

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.

I happen to be top student at my class. Basketball is my forte. LBJ is the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next