Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?

Go down 
+13
BNB
No Longer DEAD
Killer Bee
brownie13
cbi
YS
Darko
Chris
Rush
Fox News
Abdu
KD35
John14
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Can kevin durant be goat?
1.yes
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap44%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
2.no
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap6%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
3.fuck no
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap0%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.fuck yaah
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap6%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
5.are you on crack
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap13%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
6.fuck you
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap13%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
7.your awsome
 13% [ 2 ]
8.who are you
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap5%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
9.yes
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_lcap0%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
10.no
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Empty
PostSubject: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:17 pm

what do you thing???

because

he`s 21 years old..averaging about 30 pointa and 7 rebounds..

and he has a decent team witch can be number 1 spot in the standings...

he needs to improve his passing but he is a 21 year old basketball freak with a great freak opinions?
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Maybe.

He would need to up his defense a lot and turn the ball over less. His scoring an rebounding are fine. The assists really don't matter with Westbrook but 4 would be alright. He needs to win multiple championships and MVP's which I think he can do with the team he is on in the next few years. He also needs to do much better in the playoffs. I agree that Artest is a awesome defender and it was KD's first series, but if a G.O.A.T case was to be made, he would have to get much better numbers in the playoffs which I think he should be able to do over the next years. SO I really don't know. IT depends on what areas of the game he improves on and stuff.

I would really like it if he was.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 pm

He is only 21 and has been in the league for 3 years, it's way too early too early to make any assumptions in regard to whether he will be a GOAT or where he will rank. Ask again in 10 years..

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:29 pm

very possible
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello wrote:
Maybe.

He would need to up his defense a lot and turn the ball over less. His scoring an rebounding are fine. The assists really don't matter with Westbrook but 4 would be alright. He needs to win multiple championships and MVP's which I think he can do with the team he is on in the next few years. He also needs to do much better in the playoffs. I agree that Artest is a awesome defender and it was KD's first series, but if a G.O.A.T case was to be made, he would have to get much better numbers in the playoffs which I think he should be able to do over the next years. SO I really don't know. IT depends on what areas of the game he improves on and stuff.

I would really like it if he was.

i agree but if he had 5 assist it would help his case by alot trust me...for a firrst playoff series and being only 21 it wasnt all that bad..and kobe is fading,lebron and wade wont be the same,he is the face of the nba and in a couple of years hell be the one winning and scoring impossablly..i really think this can happen but it would take ALOT of work by him..and he relises..

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid155367895001?bclid=44935735001&bctid=44696043001
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm

King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:
He is only 21 and has been in the league for 3 years, it's way too early too early to make any assumptions in regard to whether he will be a GOAT or where he will rank. Ask again in 10 years..

dam your so annoying..answer or not..we dont need your stupid opinions on what to discuss..
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:44 pm

I think it's very possible!

I mean, he has his whole career left, what is he, 22? He needs to improve on defense and more of his game, after all he is still very young and has a lot of his young legacy to go!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Nop.

To be the G.O.A.T you need Rings and Individual Awards.
To win Rings you need to win Championships.
To win Championships you have to beat the Miami Thrice all in their primes :/
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 pm

john wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

dam your so annoying..answer or not..we dont need your stupid opinions on what to discuss..

scratch

You don't like my answer just because my opinion differs from yours..?

Meh, I thought we left that kind of bs behind on y/a.. but w/e idc
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:55 pm

King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:
john wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

scratch

I thought we left you behind on y!a :/
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 pm

ALI wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:
john wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

scratch

I thought we left you behind on y!a :/

omg..dude..opinions..your just going to threads and saying nope,not a question ask in ten years..

if you wanna discuss than put a post other wise dont..dam...hella annoying
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Very possible
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Chris wrote:
Nop.

not relly..

i dont think they wil last..and even if hes 21 and can win after..9 years till he slowss and even at 31 look at kobe so i think durant has a chance
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Brother Rush wrote:
I think it's very possible!

I mean, he has his whole career left, what is he, 22? He needs to improve on defense and more of his game, after all he is still very young and has a lot of his young legacy to go!

i so agree with you and he also needs to improve on assists passing..
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:09 pm

I can't say...

He's too young in his career for us to assume that he's gonna keep improving...
He can get hit by injuries or he could lose motivation or he could do some dumb shit....w/e the case....we don't know
And I'm not willing to give the benefit of doubt to a 21 yr old who has been in the league for3 yrs and ignore all the work the HOF's have put over in their entire career...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Defense! wrote:
Very possible

its not "very possible"

it can happen but its doubtful and he eeds to work his ass off too..so..
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:10 pm

YS wrote:
I can't say...

He's too young in his career for us to assume that he's gonna keep improving...
He can get hit by injuries or he could lose motivation or he could do some dumb shit....w/e the case....we don't know
And I'm not willing to give the benefit of doubt to a 21 yr old who has been in the league for3 yrs and ignore all the work the HOF's have put over in their entire career...

i agree with that but im trying to say that..does he stand a chance and if yes how
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Chris wrote:
Nop.

Come on.

Durant is nearly insured an MVP award for atleaast two seasons barring injury unless someone from the Heat has really good stats. The Thunder are also very capable of winning a championship. The Miami Thrice in their prime. You also have Kevin Durant and Westbrook in their near prime. Westbrook would rape Chalmers and Arroyo over and over again while Durant can hold his ground with LeBron. Thabo is the Wade-stopper. If Green stays than we have a solid frontline to play against the the Heat's frontcourt. You know. Bosh. Ibaka has shown a lot of potential and Green play solid defense.

I'm not saying its probable but all these things are possible and I don't think its that easy to say a simple nope. After the Lakers hopefully FINALLY ie out for a couple eyars the Thunder should be the best team in the West.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Hello wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nop.

Come on.

Durant is nearly insured an MVP award for atleaast two seasons barring injury unless someone from the Heat has really good stats. The Thunder are also very capable of winning a championship. The Miami Thrice in their prime. You also have Kevin Durant and Westbrook in their near prime. Westbrook would rape Chalmers and Arroyo over and over again while Durant can hold his ground with LeBron. Thabo is the Wade-stopper. If Green stays than we have a solid frontline to play against the the Heat's frontcourt. You know. Bosh. Ibaka has shown a lot of potential and Green play solid defense.

I'm not saying its probable but all these things are possible and I don't think its that easy to say a simple nope. After the Lakers hopefully FINALLY ie out for a couple eyars the Thunder should be the best team in the West.

i agree with you but this thunder line up deoesnt havs that big of a chance to beat the heat...unless something happens...

im just saying

durant is 21

lakers have like 2-3 or even 1 year left in them
heat wont win every year..

mj won his first ship when he was 29..

so even if thunder are the best team by the time hes 26 they have a great chance..

but its highly doubtful
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm

john wrote:
Defense! wrote:
Very possible

its not "very possible"

it can happen but its doubtful and he eeds to work his ass off too..so..
dont post your smartass comments on everyone else post.... His opinion is that its "very possible"....dickface
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:17 pm

sorry..your not a dickface...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I lol'd @ dickface
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nop.

Come on.

1st of, we have to see what Durant is capable of. Like YS said, none knows what's gonna happen. Then Westbrook hasn't proved anything yet.
On the other side you got 2 HOF's (Wade, Lebron both 98% probability) and Bosh. No comparison i can say. Not to mention that Miami will be getting better year after year, same for OKC tho.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

john wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

dude.
stfu.
really.
he said a perfectly respectable answer.
its too early to tell.

your in no position to act like an ass.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

cbi wrote:
john wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

dude.
stfu.
really.
he said a perfectly respectable answer.
its too early to tell.

your in no position to act like an ass.

welll sorry but it get annoying..but your rite..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next