Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated

Go down 
+9
brownie13
EM:)
FC
Saeed
Straight Edge Bluntness
Nick C
Raza
YS
Error
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Male Posts : 185

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Durant is getting a lot of hype because the NBA is trying to market him as a replacement of Kobe Bryant as the future rival of LeBron James. He has horrible playmaking skills and is very turnover prone (3.6 turnover per game) despite not being the primary ballhandler on his own team. He also doesn't play a lick of defense. If Corey Maggette takes as many shots as he does, he would be just as good.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am

Error wrote:
Nick C (Suspended by Y!A) wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

I have a Black Belt in Karate and I box. Dream on.

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.

I happen to be top student at my class. Basketball is my forte. LBJ is the best.

That's fantastic about being the top student. I'm proud of you.

As for the basketball is your forte thing... eh... I'd stick to chopping wood with your bare hand.

I'm the best Basketball analyst.

No. Really you're not.

Sorry Error.

Keep on kicking though... don't stop that.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am

This guy is obviously TRYING to get us mad.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
Don't forget LeBron averages half more assists than Kevin Durant. All Durant does is score. If LeBron's team was on the West, he'd still have the best record.

Let's switch players. Would putting Durant on the CAVS make them better record-wise? Would putting LeBron on the Thunder make them a title contender?

Omfg...Durant doesn't ONLY score. Are you completely ignoring the fact that he grabs more rebounds than Lebron? He also scores more effectively, shooting higher percents.

Switching the teams can't be done, because all the answers are completely opinion based. I could easily say that the Cavs would go 82-0 with Durant and the Thunder would go 0-82 with Lebron, but there is no evidence that it will happen that way. That argument is pointless.

U mad? Monkey. Kevin Durant only scores. He rebounds because people aren't worried about him defensively. He sucks.

Just throwing this out there. You really cant say anyone in the NBA sucks. Cause they'd all kick your ass. They'd all kick my ass. They'd all kick Raza's and FC's asses (sorry guys).

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

But watching the Karate Kid and punching pillows doesn't make you a fighter. Or very smart about basketball.

I happen to be top student at my class. Basketball is my forte. LBJ is the best.

QUICK!
What is the avagadro's number?

QUICK!
Why are you my inferior?

QUICK!
Why can't you come up with creative insults?

Seriously...I'm getting bored.

U mad? Do you have a Y!A account?

Yeah...I am mad....its 2:30 and the only reason I get on the computer is to be entertained.
You're boring me with "inferior"

Umm yeah I do have a Y!A account....everyone here does.

You fucking inferior, you're more annoying than that Dirk dickrider Jamaica Man.

Im the best.

See? Stop saying inferior. Use something else.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:30 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
In terms of skill, LJ isn't. But, overall he's a BEAST.

He is, as is Kobe and Wade.

But this is about Durant, and back to the original topic, you can't call Durant overrated because he's not as good as the best players in the NBA...

Getting called better than Carmelo Anthony is a little overrated!
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:30 am

Raza wrote:
yea lol...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Sure you do.

I do.

Oh... I believe you.

That's fantastic about being the top student. I'm proud of you.

As for the basketball is your forte thing... eh... I'd stick to chopping wood with your bare hand.

I'm the best Basketball analyst.

No. Really you're not.

Sorry Error.

Keep on kicking though... don't stop that.

Inferior, I own all of you.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:31 am

Error wrote:

Even though you're getting more PPG, RPG, and the same amount of APG while shooting a better percent from everywhere? I'm a Nuggets fan and I'll even admit that Durant is better than Carmelo right now...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:31 am

TonyEM: I Inspire wrote:
Kevin Durant is an effing stud if he was a horse it would be an Arabian one of sorts. If he was a Skittle he would be the pink ones. Looks like he will be 1 of the top players in the NBA for a long time.

He's a stud scoring. Thats it.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

Even though you're getting more PPG, RPG, and the same amount of APG while shooting a better percent from everywhere? I'm a Nuggets fan and I'll even admit that Durant is better than Carmelo right now...

You fucking retard. Carmelo Anthony is the best SF after LBJ. Kevin Durant is overrated.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 am

Raza wrote:

He has to try harder.

As of right now all I'm seeing is someone with an inflated ego getting served.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 am

Error wrote:

And getting more rebounds a game than Lebron James. And Kobe Bryant. And Dwayne Wade. And Carmelo Anthony.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error.

Who would win this game.

Kobe+LeBron
vs.
Jordan+Magic

Jordan+Magic

Why?

Because Magic is the best B-Ball player in History.

Sorry. Let's make it this.

KOBE+MAGIC+LEBRON

or

JORDAN+RUSSELL+BIRD
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 am

Raza wrote:

He has to try harder.

I already stated facts as to why Kevin Durant is overrated. He's one-sided.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 am

Error wrote:
You fucking retard. Carmelo Anthony is the best SF after LBJ. Kevin Durant is overrated.

How? Durant is doing more for his team in every statistical category, and apparently stats is all you care about.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

"He sucks" isn't a fact..
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Error wrote:

And we have easily shot that down at least 10 times
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:34 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

And getting more rebounds a game than Lebron James. And Kobe Bryant. And Dwayne Wade. And Carmelo Anthony.

He averages 1 more rebound than LeBron James. Lmao. LeBron James almost doubles the amount of assists.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:34 am

He has to try harder.

Lol the only time I got mad was when he said that Ben Wallace was only average defensively in the early 2000s.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:

How? Durant is doing more for his team in every statistical category, and apparently stats is all you care about.

And Carmelo isn't?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am

Durant and Melo in an offensive showdown would be a sight to see it would go either way. Melo could physically manhandle Durant in the post and get the rebounding totals off of him or Durant could do the same in his favor. They are both 2 of some of the best SF's in the NBA. Durant may not have a well established defensive identity as of yet but his lankiness/length alone leaves him at an advantage physically speaking when it comes to defense being that he does not yet have great defensive IQ. That alone fits in OKC's defensive scheme, which is 1 of the NBA's top defenses. It's hard to get shots up over Durant if he uses his length. That alone could catapult Durant over Melo overall speaking perhaps.

As a team leader Melo was badly outplayed by Dallas's leader Dirk in the only year Melo ever advanced past the first round. If Billups was not there it would have been the same story Melo fails to advance past the 1st Round. Durant on the other hand was in his 1st ever playoff series and although he never shot particularly well did not force things and cpntributed almost to upsetting LA in the playoffs.

Last edited by TonyEM: I Inspire on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am

Error wrote:
He averages 1 more rebound than LeBron James. Lmao. LeBron James almost doubles the amount of assists.

Ok..but it's still more. 8 rebounds a game is definitely getting rebounds for your team. We're not worrying about assists right now because your argument is that he only scores, and mine is that he rebounds as well as scores, which he does.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error.

Who would win this game.

Kobe+LeBron
vs.
Jordan+Magic

Jordan+Magic

Why?

Because Magic is the best B-Ball player in History.

Sorry. Let's make it this.

KOBE+MAGIC+LEBRON

or

JORDAN+RUSSELL+BIRD
'

It'd be close. But.

LeBron > MJ
Magic > Bird
I guess
Russel > KB24
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:37 am

Error wrote:
And Carmelo isn't?

No, because I just said that Durant IS DOING MORE THAN CARMELO IN REGARDS TO STATISTICAL CATEGORIES. So if Durant is doing more, then Melo obviously is not doing more.

Can I have three reasons why Carmelo is better than Durant?

The following do not count as legitimate reasons:
1. durant sucks
2. lebron is better
3. kobe is better
4. durant sucks
5. lebron was better at 21
6. shaq averaged 13/3
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:38 am

Error wrote:
Raza wrote:

He has to try harder.

He not overrated though.

That's the point.

This is his third season and he took his team to the playoffs. This is basically the same team he had the previous season. He improved as did his team. But if he wasn't on the Thunder, they would've challagened New Jersey for the worst record in the NBA.

A team that no one expected to even be in the running.

So he's not overrated.

It's pretty simple.

Also with all the LeBron nut hugging you got going on, I'd gues that David Stern has done a great job with you.

Last edited by Nick C (Suspended by Y!A) on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:39 am

Raza wrote:
Error wrote:
And Carmelo isn't?

No, because I just said that Durant IS DOING MORE THAN CARMELO IN REGARDS TO STATISTICAL CATEGORIES. So if Durant is doing more, then Melo obviously is not doing more.

Can I have three reasons why Carmelo is better than Durant?

The following do not count as legitimate reasons:
1. durant sucks
2. lebron is better
3. kobe is better
4. durant sucks
5. lebron was better at 21
6. shaq averaged 13/3

Kevin Durant is too one-sided while Carmelo Anthony can shoot/rebound efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Kevin Durant so overrated   Why is Kevin Durant so overrated - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Kevin Durant so overrated
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next