Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

"im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"

Go down 
+13
KD35
Tar Heel
Rush
Nick C
brownie13
Chosen One
Raza
No Longer DEAD
EM:)
Fox News
Saeed
Mo
cbi
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

"im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" Empty
PostSubject: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 pm

via chris bosh
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Can't wait to see where this free agency takes him.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:36 pm

I agree with him. I doubt that he'll be going to the same place as Wade or James or Stoudemire, so pretty much, with these teams looking for free agents, he should be the best player on the team.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 am

His cocky bum no defense playing ass...gtfo
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 am

He is a centerpiece though a guaranteed 1st or 2nd option talent wise on every teamin the NBA. He speaks the truth. Just cause he may be grouped with a James or Wade does not make him lacking as a centerpiece. He may even be the best player on the court in a lot of the nights as would James and Wade. If he goes with Johnson or Gay then he's actually the 1st option.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:28 am

If I were Wade,lebron,joe,dirk I wouldn't want this clown anywhere team thew team im on..That statement is nothing but selfishness.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:05 pm

TonyEM: I Inspire wrote:
He is a centerpiece though a guaranteed 1st or 2nd option talent wise on every teamin the NBA. He speaks the truth. Just cause he may be grouped with a James or Wade does not make him lacking as a centerpiece. He may even be the best player on the court in a lot of the nights as would James and Wade. If he goes with Johnson or Gay then he's actually the 1st option.

I like this, because it states who Bosh really is. Bosh is really a cocky guy, and I'll give it to you with that, but bosh really is the centerpiece. Hes one of the best offensive Power Forwards and does play like Wade or LeBron on some nights. So definitely true, he is the centerpiece of a franchise. The Toronto Raptors wouldn't have won at least 20 games this season if it wasn't for Bosh.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Mohammad wrote:
TonyEM: I Inspire wrote:

I like this, because it states who Bosh really is. Bosh is really a cocky guy, and I'll give it to you with that, but bosh really is the centerpiece. Hes one of the best offensive Power Forwards and does play like Wade or LeBron on some nights. So definitely true, he is the centerpiece of a franchise. The Toronto Raptors wouldn't have won at least 20 games this season if it wasn't for Bosh.

well...define "centerpiece" first.

Do you mean...someone who helps his team win? Bosh doesn't do that on a consistent basis.

Someone who dominates the game? Bosh does that most of the time.

Someone who makes his teammates better? Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of him...

Someone who you'd want the ball to be in his hands during clutch moments? No...Bosh isn't very clutch.

So as great as Bosh is a player, it's hard to call him a centerpiece without having a clear definition. I think Bosh is great, but he doesn't make his teammates better and he isn't a winner (yet).
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

My guess is centerpiece meaning the base of winning, who can lift a team to a win by himself, and being leader of a team all the way to the NBA Finals

Everything Bosh isn't.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

If Bosh does want to be the center piece then he is gonna have to have a damn good second option on his team like Joe Johnson or Derrik Rose

On a serious note though his legacy will be hurt if doesnt want to get a second option and wants to be the center of attention all the time. Look at KG, he was always 2 levels ahead of all his teammates combined and in the end it hurt his legacy. Sure he got good stats but being on a bad team he didnt get as much air time as other guys and add in the fact that he was constantely either not making the playoffs or loosing while Tim Duncan was winning rings, eventually Duncan got the title of the best PF in history, something KG COULDVE HAD IF HE WAS ON A BETTER TEAM.

I dont have a prob with Bosh saying that cause its the truth, but I want to know how far he is gonna go to be just the centerpiece. I mean does he really want to go to NJN or NYK if they dont get someone else whos good?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Raza wrote:
My guess is centerpiece meaning the base of winning, who can lift a team to a win by himself, and being leader of a team all the way to the NBA Finals

Everything Bosh isn't.
Thats how i saw it too
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:18 pm

No Bullshit! wrote:
If I were Wade,lebron,joe,dirk I wouldn't want this clown anywhere team thew team im on..That statement is nothing but selfishness.

Stuck With W. Johnson 8-) wrote:
well...define "centerpiece" first.

Do you mean...someone who helps his team win? Bosh doesn't do that on a consistent basis.

Someone who dominates the game? Bosh does that most of the time.

Someone who makes his teammates better? Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of him...

Someone who you'd want the ball to be in his hands during clutch moments? No...Bosh isn't very clutch.

So as great as Bosh is a player, it's hard to call him a centerpiece without having a clear definition. I think Bosh is great, but he doesn't make his teammates better and he isn't a winner (yet).

Raza wrote:

Everything Bosh isn't.

What Visa, Ben, and Raza said "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" 372102
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Hahaha...

Bosh reads to many sports articles about him being the number 2 to Wade and LeBron.

Sounds like someone had his ego bruised and had a little fit.

He a 1a player at best if teamed with Wade and LeBron. IMO.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:32 am

Bosh is the best PF in the league.. he should stay in Toronto if he continues to believe that
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 am

*cough* pau gasol*cough
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:21 pm

He's such a centerpiece that he said he's waiting on LeBron's decision...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 pm

maybe he wants lebron to be his addition?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 pm

In which case, he should just stay in Toronto...
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

cbi wrote:
maybe he wants lebron to be his addition?

LOL...because LeBron would really like Bosh talking about how he'll lead a team to a chip with LeBron's help...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm

exactly Smile
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Superskunk wrote:
*cough* pau gasol*cough

Pau Gasol isn't good... In my opinions.. he didn't really do anything to help the Lakers win. If they had Bosh on the other hand, they could probably be a shoe in to win again.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Rush.

that was the dumbest thing you've ever said.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:56 pm

didnt pau have like 18 boards in game 7 of the nba finals.9 offensive.to garnetts 3 boards in total to help win the championship?

havent the lakers won two championships since Gasol arrived?

idk how you can say pau hasnt helped the lakers.........
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Rush wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
*cough* pau gasol*cough

Pau Gasol isn't good... In my opinions.. he didn't really do anything to help the Lakers win. If they had Bosh on the other hand, they could probably be a shoe in to win again.

Before Gasol arrived to L.A- they were an average team that had Kobe demanding to be traded.

After Gasol arrived- L.A was good. Made it to the finals but lost to the Celtics. [Bynum was injured and Ariza didn't get enough minutes]. They win the Championship against the Magic the year after that. This year, they win AGAIN against Boston. The Lakers were down 3-2 n the series. Gasol was 1 assist away from a triple double in game 6 and had a 19/18 game in game 7..

yeah... Paul gasol had NOTHING to do with L.A winning.

Last edited by Rise Against on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Rush wrote:

Leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"   "im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece" Empty

Back to top Go down

"im not an addition, i'm a centerpiece"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next