Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)

Go down 
+8
YS
KD35
J
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
Naif
Darko
King Of NJ
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) Empty
PostSubject: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm most excited to see how Richard Jefferson fits in with the new look Spurs and revitalizes their team.

I think that was the best addition of the offseason personally and am a fan of RJ and feel he's still an underrated player.

What about you?

**means they have to be on a different team***

Last edited by King Of NJ(Go Colts 4-0!) on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Seeing Oden dominating in the regular season and beeing a Top 3 center which i believe he has big chances even from this season

Seeing Dirk in good defensive games and good overall games plus good shooting procent.Seeing LeBron James having bunch of triple doubles and to be ready to lead Clevland to rings

Also,don't forget Rose assists and dunks

Last edited by Darko on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Darko wrote:
Seeing Oden dominating in the regular season and beeing a Top 3 center which i believe he has big chances even from this season

Seeing Dirk in good defensive games and good overall games plus good shooting procent.Seeing LeBron James having bunch of triple doubles and to be ready to lead Clevland to a ring

no matter what good u say about oden, no one will like him here lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:06 pm

I want to see Acie Law get playing time, but he won't cuz of Monta, Curry, and Watson. I really like Acie since his A&M days. He was my favorite college player that wasn't a Buckeye at that time.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I liked Acie Law at Texas A&M too. I thought he'd make a solid player in the NBA.

The Bulls have no additions.

I really want to see Richard Jefferson take the Spurs up an extra level. Been a fan of him since Arizona and when he was on the Nets he was one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm

and I changed this question late so the first 2 answers are good
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I want to see Artest's impact with the Lakers and RJ's impact on the Spurs. I think those two additions, make them by far the 1 and 2 teams in the West, with Denver and Dallas a ways behind.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Ry, Monta is injured. Maybe Law will get playing time now?

Artest, for me. I wanna see if he'll be the missing piece to the puzzle or a disaster.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Monta only sprained his ankle. By the time Reg season rolls around, he'll be back. I was kind of hoping those trade rumors were true and that Jackson and Monta would be gone before the season, but it doesn't seem so. My dream lineup for the Warriors would be

Curry
Morrow
Buike
Randolph
Biedrins

with Turiaf, Law, and Maggette getting most of the minutes off the bench. Jackson and Monta are exciting offensive players, but they destroy chemistry and cause unbelievable amounts of turnovers.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:18 pm

heart wrote:
Darko wrote:

Seeing Dirk in good defensive games and good overall games plus good shooting procent.Seeing LeBron James having bunch of triple doubles and to be ready to lead Clevland to a ring

no matter what good u say about oden, no one will like him here lol

Yeah but he will be good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:20 pm

An addition I can't wait to see flop (its already happening) is Ariza in Houston. The dude is not a number one scoring option. They better hope T-Mac gets healthy quick.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Code:
Iverson and Randolph on the Grizzlies.

I'm curious because on paper that's a lot of talent as Iverson (through his fault too) was basically a dud in Detroit, but he's still a legit 20+ pt player as a starter and Randolph whose a blackhole on offense (once the ball goes in it never comes out) is still a 20pt 10 reb player.

With gunners like Mayo and Gay, I'm curious if everyone is going to go for theirs or will the team actually realize that (1) They could actually be a good team. (2) that Marc Gasol shouldn't be ignored on offense and (3) the NBA only allows one ball to be on the floor during actual game play.

Nick C said that on my Y!A question

damn very creative
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:25 pm

★®¥å₪★ wrote:
An addition I can't wait to see flop (its already happening) is Ariza in Houston. The dude is not a number one scoring option. They better hope T-Mac gets healthy quick.

he isn't a number one scoring option I agree. I think he'll be solid in time though. Can't judge him based on 1 preseason game.

Also something nobody mentioned. How about Rasheed Wallace on the Celtics? With a healthy KG this is like a fantasy roster. Rondo is emerging to be one of the best young PG's in the game. Glen Davis has stepped up and played big. Marquis Daniels is a decent role player

The Celtics may be one of the teams of the decade if Rasheed is motivated and has his head in place
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:27 pm

I agree that its intruiging, but Ive already made up my mind on that one. I think they will be a selfish team and the additions will be flops.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Good points there

Ariza isn't the main scoring call,but he needs to averge 17 PPG this year if that team along side Battier and hopefully to see T-Mac there for long time wants to make it to the playoffs
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I do like him in a rotation with T-Mac and Battier if they are all healthy, but if hes a starter, and their number one scoring option on the wing, its going to be a long season for the Rockets.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:45 pm

I really like this question. I am pretty excited to see Artest in LA. I'm just a fan of good basketball, which unfortunately, happens to come by way of the Lakers. haha.

Andre Miller in Portland is a great addition, and as always, the Western Conference should be a great show this year. The East is gaining ground though.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm

I really want to see how Vince Carter will affect Orlando. In the last 2 preseason games, he's been shooting horribly. He's 3-16 from the 3 point line,etc..

Bass is going to become a very solid player on the Magic.
Barnes fits in with their system as well.

RJ, McDyess,and Blair were all pretty key additions to the Spurs and think the Spurs are title contenders now.
Shaq in Cleveland should be exciting too..

And I know this doesn't really answer the question. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Pistons. Wilcox,BG,and CV were all OK additions but I think that Stuckey and Bynum have shown a lot of improvement. Plus, if they trade RIp they can get a solid big man............I'm excited to see Bynum develop more......
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

I hate the Magic...

They were pretty good last season, and they did get better, but hopefuly teams can realize their 3rd grade gameplan and deny Dwight Howard the ball. Play a 2-1-2 X defense against the Magic, and you most likely win.

Yeah the Piston should be interesting. Villain+Wallace really brings this team back into the picture. The only really play 7-8 guys anyways.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:02 pm

J is back

Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:10 pm

whats good YS.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:04 pm

I would like to see Bayless is some action with his scoring,Rudy Fernandez,Randolph,Wright and eveything else

This year is going to be exciting :play:
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, since I can't say Artest, and everyone's pretty much covered RJ to the Spurs, I'm probably most interested in seeing what Shawn Marion does for Dallas. Arrogant and retarded he may be, Mark Cuban is correct that adding Marion makes them better (on paper) than the '06 squad. Will that be enough for the other improved teams, though? I can't wait to see the Mavericks square off with the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, etc.

And it's not as big as some other acquisitions, but I hope Ariza finds success in Houston. I was sad when he left. Sad
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:40 am

I am kinda curious to see how Rasheed will do on the Celtics.
I predicted that Boston would get much better with the acquisition of Wallace but I hope I don't have to eat my words later on in the season.
In addition, I am wondering if he and KG can co-exist, lol.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 am

Raptors,Hedo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)   Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team) Empty

Back to top Go down

Which new addition are you must excited to see during the Regular Season?(other than your own team)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next