Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?

Go down 
+8
Tar Heel
YS
cbi
3-peat
No Longer DEAD
brownie13
Fox News
Darko
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who's beter all time cente between Artis Gilmore and Wes Unseld
Artis Gilmore
Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Vote_lcap39%Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Wes Unseld
Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Vote_lcap61%Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

?

Answer the poll question and explain
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

KB24 wrote:
What do you mean Lebron passes up more on game winners then Kobe? ughh proof says their tied in that category. http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

And what do you mean Kobe's fg% in the clutch is way lower then Lebron? Their's only a 3% difference. And if you look on the site, Lebron is in way more clutch situations then Kobe. 51 games to 39, 215 to 136 mins.

Assists aren't proof that Kobe passes it up more... players miss and make shots, the Cavs players miss game winners more often than the Lakers players do.

And when did i say WAY LOWER.
And The Cavs are in wa more come from behind situations than the Lakers. Way more. With the Lakers its either win by 5-10 or lose by 5-10.
With the Cavs (other than last yr) its win by 3-5 or lose by 3-5.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

KB24 wrote:
when hes shooting everybody knows its gunna miss.

You FAIL. 100% FAIL. I take back borderline hater status. This statement is full on HATER.

This is as bad as my Kobe/Bynum thread SMH.

KB24 wrote:
Lebron averages more cuz he has wayyy more minutes and way more games in. duhh his production will be a bit higher. Lebron is not clutchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh k

That's average stats, man. Not totals. How exactly does more minutes make you shoot a better percentage or average more assists? You're being a hater right now. Not one person here thinks that LeBron is more dangerous than Kobe from the perimeter, but for you to say he isn't clutch, is just ludicrous. There are multiple reasons he goes to the lane, but he isn't terrible from the perimeter when he does shoot from there. Stop hating. You told me you didn't.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 pm

LOOk nobody but you guys think Lebron is clutch

even NBA GM's have Melo as mor clutch then Lebron k
http://www.nba.com/news/features/gmsurvey.misc/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Wow! Three players! Great proof there, Abdi!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm

And wtf, when you were talking bout this i asked if the cavs had any award winners and you only told me about athleticism. lol.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:25 pm

umm 82games.com bases their stats on Production per 48 Minutes of Clutch Time. Duhh more minutes= more opportunities.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 pm

CBI, i told you he won like 6 categories lol

and Lebron doesnt even make that list so even if he did come up hes less then 3%
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 pm

Please,LeBron's more clutch then Melo and Pierce.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Kb,but more opportunities less chances of shooting a higher FG%!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Yeah..I understand Lebron isn't a top tier clutch player in the league. I wouldn't expect him to make that list, but to say he isn't clutch is just dumb.

Not true Darko. (about Piere/Melo) lol.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:

GM's> your opinion

why less FG%?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 pm

CBI wrote:
Yeah..I understand Lebron isn't a top tier clutch player in the league. I wouldn't expect him to make that list, but to say he isn't clutch is just dumb.

Not true Darko. (about Piere/Melo) lol.

ok fine, Lebron is 3.1% Clutch. Is that good enough? lol
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:
CBI wrote:
That made no sense Darko. :/

It wasn't Kobe that lost them that series, lol.

Hm.... i guess you are right

Btw,the only reason why i dislike Kobe in the first place is because of that attuitide that he has.Like he thinks he's the only that can hit clutch shots.......

So..Im guessing you hate MJ too....

Lol,no

Mj mastered those shots,but he didn't always shot those jump shot.He could actually pass.Kobe is copy machine and doesn't know to pass... Neutral

You said you disliked Kobe because:
i dislike Kobe in the first place is because of that attuitide that he
has.Like he thinks he's the only that can hit clutch shots

MJ did the same thing....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:30 pm

KB24 wrote:

GM's> your opinion

why less FG%?

I said when you have more shot oportunities you could have less Field Goal procent from someone that takes less shots.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

CBI wrote:

Btw,the only reason why i dislike Kobe in the first place is because of that attuitide that he has.Like he thinks he's the only that can hit clutch shots.......

Lol,no

Mj mastered those shots,but he didn't always shot those jump shot.He could actually pass.Kobe is copy machine and doesn't know to pass... Neutral

Yeah but Mj add that to his arsenal of moves first!.I don't like Kobe because he thinks that guys around him cannot make clutch shots
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Again, Abdi, those are opinions, and NONE of those GMs would tell you that LeBron isn't clutch. Just that they'd rather have those three guys, hell, from the perimeter, I'd rather have those three guys, but its an opinion, and guaranteed, that question was taken as who do you want taking a PERIMETER shot with the game on the line. The stats show that LeBron is as, if not more clutch than anyone in the league, no matter where his shots are coming from. Like I've said from the beginning, nobody here is asserting LeBron as the clutchest perimeter shooter, but as the clutchest shooter overall. That is entirely plausible, unlike your blanket claim that LeBron is in no way clutch. Me personally, I'd rather have a guy go the rim for a game winner than take a shot from the perimeter. According to 82games.com, Kobe shoots the ball at a 25% (1 of 4) clip with the game on the line. Considering a lot of the shots hes taken to get those makes, that is in no way not impressive. However, LeBron shoots 34% which is nearly a whole extra make every 10 shots. It doesn't matter that he's taking more of them in the lane. He's still making more of them, and if going to the lane was so damn easy to do in the final minutes or final possession, why doesn't Kobe do it more often.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Darko you don't make any sense. How would you know if someone with less FGA is going to automatically going to shoot a lower FG?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

CBI wrote:

Lol,no

Yeah but Mj add that to his arsenal of moves first!.I don't like Kobe because he thinks that guys around him cannot make clutch shots

Yes...I'm pretty sure Robert Horry and Derek Fisher never got any chances to take clutch shots Rolling Eyes

Darko...if you're gonna hate on Kobe....atleast try to make sense...
Your credibility is going down by making no sense....
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Darko, I love you.

I wanted to end the Darko no sense streak lol
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Why do you assume the GM's were talking about PERIMETER shooting in that survey? so that you dont feel less bad about it?
Quote :

and if going to the lane was so damn easy to do in the final minutes or final possession, why doesn't Kobe do it more often.

Did you look at the stats? Kobe is averaging more FTA then Lebron even with less games and way less minutes.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Yes...I'm pretty sure Robert Horry and Derek Fisher never got any chances to take clutch shots Rolling Eyes

Darko...if you're gonna hate on Kobe....atleast try to make sense...
Your credibility is going down by making no sense....

statement agrees, YS, but question: Does Abdi make sense when he says LeBron isn't clutch?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

No, I disagree with Abdi when he says Lebron isn't clutch...
But he seems to have gone back on that statement...

Lebron doesn't always have a that picture-esque buzzer-beating shots everytime.....
But he does make very clutch plays.....whether it be by passing or shooting...

Lebron appears "less" clutch because Kobe always drains the clock down to 3 or 2 secs.....and then puts the shot up..
While Lebron starts making his move with 5 or 6 secs left.....either hitting his shot well before the time expires or passing it to another teammate who then hits a buzzer beater...

But yeah..Lebron is pretty damn clutch...
I'll take him ahead of Wade easily...
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Look, stats say hes Clutch. All im saying is his Clutch% mostly comes from driving. Nothing against that, but i wouldn't call him a clutch shooter.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 pm

KB24 wrote:
Why do you assume the GM's were talking about PERIMETER shooting in that survey? so that you dont feel less bad about it?
Quote :

and if going to the lane was so damn easy to do in the final minutes or final possession, why doesn't Kobe do it more often.

Did you look at the stats? Kobe is averaging more FTA then Lebron even with less games and way less minutes.

For the question about the PERIMETER (sorry I originally put that in all caps now hahaha), the question asks about last second, as if there isn't time to do anything else but shoot (which is only one type of clutch situation). Thats why I assume, which sounds pretty logical to me. And no argument about them not saying he isn't clutch? :/

As for free throws:

this season, LeBron has 37.7 minutes and 9.2 free throw attempts per game, while Kobe is 36.8 and 7.1

proof

lebron also more game winning free throw attempts in the last 6 seasons:

proof

AND he averages more fta attempts per 48 minutes of clutch time:

proof

DEBUNKED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next