Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Impressed by Andrew Bynum

Go down 
+14
Saeed
Naif
YS
Nick C
EM:)
Fox News
Darko
Janet
MC-dizzle
Straight Edge Bluntness
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
3-peat
BNB
brownie13
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is a more mature player?
Kobe Bryant
Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Andrew Bynum
Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't know if anyone saw Bynum's halftime interview, but I was really impressed by his explanation to the question and how he handled himself in the interview. Hes starting to come along quick into becoming an NBA superstar. Yes I said NBA "Superstar." I t looks now that he is the future of the Center position in the Western Conference.

Last edited by Sexy. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:55 am

I know what JR did to make Kobe upset and if I were him, I would be too.

Same difference. It's not like Kobe decided to confront him because he missed the shot, come on now. It happens ALL the time, this is not a special case. Players get heated and stuff happens, it's no different in any other setting.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 am

Happens to Kobe all the time you mean. Kobe been playing physical all game. Everyone can see the elbows hes throwing, the push-offs. If he wants to get physical, thats his right, but why isn't he expecting it back? If anything JR should have been the one to confront Kobe long before that, but you know what, he kept his cool. Why can't Kobe?
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 am

Because Richardson isn't the standard. And from my view, the kid hasn't been cool at all. He's smart enough to keep his angry outbursts directionless, he doesn't single anyone out. Who said Kobe wasn't expecting it back? Because he decided to speak up? Psh, he could have easily complained to the refs but instead he went at him, that happens in games. Confrontation between these two teams considering the circumstances is expected.

I know what I meant, and I said what I meant.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 am

Ryan, why does it matter to you if Kobe can or cant take physicality or not? How does that make him less mature?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 am

Wow, Kobe appears to be a much more controversial topic here on RBT than abortion at times. confused

The Suns were a disappointment tonight.
I kinda expected a closer game.
Ugggh, oh well...
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 am

The kid? You're talking about him like he's not an NBA vet. There is nothing wrong with a directionless outburst in game. Its definitely a better use of frustration than trying to cause a confrontation. Especially considering how hard JR is working to not be having things going his way. I don't know if I've ever seen the guy work so hard. Why does Kobe have the right to go after JR? JR still hasn't to this point and yet he has a technical and Kobe does not.

Abdi, hes not mature because of they way he handled his frustration. The being physical thing is only what led to the frustration.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 am

I wanted a better game too, Jaleesa, but the Lakers played well and Suns played poorly and seemed outmatched. Nash had his worst game of the season by far, and their rebounding is shit.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:12 am

there is no doubt Bynum's got talent, but Lakers need him to be more productive on the defensive end than offensive, when Gasol gets back Bynum's offensive production should decrease but his defensive should improve because he has another 7-ft in the lane helping him. There is definitely alot of potential in Bynum but as far as I know there isn't a single greatest true center in the history of the league that isn't dominate on the defensive end and that's where Bynum needs to work on.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:13 am

He is a controversial topic for many reasons. He's amazing and people have trouble dealing with that because he's also arrogant. That personality doesn't go over well unless you parade around before or after games in a pink speedo or a "pretend" camera while throwing powder into the audience.

And because he is unfairly judged. He has more exposure and tends to be held at higher standards because of that.

Who cares about what I call him? Sidetracked.

Who said Kobe had the right to go after him? Or that it even was right? I said it was to be expected. If you think Laker fans are OK with this then you are mistaken. But as I have said before, he's passionate. It doesn't just stop because he gets hit. If he's passionate while playing, then that emotion is ALWAYS there. That's something that we understand and have to accept. It's illogical to expect a player to be stop that emotion when he gets angry... anyone who watches Kobe knows how that is NOT gonna happen. Richardson is not Kobe, that comparison is useless.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:14 am

I am looking at the box score and damn, the highest scorer for the Suns was Dudley with 14 points...
Nash only had 5 assists and 13 points...uncharacteristic of him.
Gosh, this is why I am not a huge fan of the run and gun style; it is entertaining but not always effective...

Bynum owned this game with 20+ points and 15 rebounds; that is quite awesome.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 am

So Kobe is an immature person by the way he handled 1 situation? Even if what your saying is true or not, theres no reason to question Kobe's maturity and compare him to a young Bynum. Big difference between an immature moment and an immature person. It's the NBA its going to be physical ryan, players are going to whine, trash talk and etc..
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:19 am

Shaq?...as a suggestion of guy who has never been dominant defensively...

Alright Jade. I'll leave it to passion. You don't think Nash is passionate? You don't think JR is passionate? I just think Kobe could do a better job controlling himself, considering the position he's in.

Abdi, its reoucurring as Jade has already pointed out. Other players are better at controlling their frustration.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:21 am

O.J. Mayo wrote:
Who cares about what I call him? Sidetracked.

Sorry, JR fan. Thought it was disrespectful. Wasn't trying to sidetrack anything.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 am

Allright Ryan..
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 am

I didn't intend to disrespect him as I thought Kobe didn't have to confront him either.

Kid=Dude to me. I call everyone that.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:26 am

All i am going to say i even mentioned to this to my brother yes he is a beast and still growing and when healthy Bynum is amazing , but his way of representing himself needs work but you understand what he is trying to say.

THAT WAS BS the ref gave Sasha a Tech WTF was that he was not doing anything just went in the middle to stop..... and Kobe let his emotion out last time i checked people let their emotions out.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 am

Janet, Sasha deserved his T more than JR deserved his. Kobe is the one that should have gotten one, but he's Kobe, so....
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 am

So you agree with that Abdi?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:38 am

BS is all i have to say because again Sasha besides the fact got in the middle and CAUSE NO TROUBLE ... NO TROUBLE key word here he still got the T

So Basically are saying because Kobe is Kobe he gets calls and the refs give him the benefit of the doubt

Last edited by Janet on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:38 am

Agree with what?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:40 am

Kobe deserved a T (the only one who actually did), but Sasha did not belong there at all, all he did was make it worse.

>That Kobe should control his frustration a little better?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 am

Kobe does control his frustration........but sometimes i guess he can turn around and not say anything....
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:42 am

Make it worse ? Okay but again he still did not derserve a T
is all i am saying

Kobe you know i know the whole damn world knows how emotional he is
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:55 am

Yes make it worse. Why is he running up to JR like he even did anything?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:56 am

Well Sasha did not start sH!t got it

and Yes KB emotions got to him but besides that nothing over the top happend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Impressed by Andrew Bynum
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next