Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Impressed by Andrew Bynum

Go down 
+14
Saeed
Naif
YS
Nick C
EM:)
Fox News
Darko
Janet
MC-dizzle
Straight Edge Bluntness
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
3-peat
BNB
brownie13
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is a more mature player?
Kobe Bryant
Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Vote_lcap50%Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Andrew Bynum
Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Vote_lcap50%Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't know if anyone saw Bynum's halftime interview, but I was really impressed by his explanation to the question and how he handled himself in the interview. Hes starting to come along quick into becoming an NBA superstar. Yes I said NBA "Superstar." I t looks now that he is the future of the Center position in the Western Conference.

Last edited by Sexy. on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 pm

O.J. Mayo wrote:
Tim Duncan wrote:
I'm ok with him but Y/A Lakers fans over-rate him like crazy.When ever some other good Western Centers have great games like Oden,Kaman,Biedris,Okur we don't hear nothing about them but when ever Bynum has good game Lakers Fans explode

That's why Lakers fans aren't good fans.They under-rate every All-Star and other great potential who don't play in the Lakers

Shocked

You're calling us bad fans??? WOW! I don't know if you're in the position to pass judgment.

He explained somewhere else he only means the obnoxious Y!A fans. He didn't make it clear here, but thats what he meant.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

David Lee was a great rebounder even before Mike D and his system came to town back when Isiah Thomas made the Knicks offensively/defensively putrid and David Lee was on the bench behind Cheeseburger Eddy (Thomas's posterchild)/ Channing Frye/Zach Randolph (discontentful prick Z.BO that is). David Lee also has a well solidified mid range game a 14-18 footer which he can hit regularly now. And David Lee could put a mark offensively and take over a game as well. He nearly dropped 40 on a couple of occassions. He is very unselfish that is why he doesn't attempt a lot of field goals. But, anyways I just feel his game is better rounded than Bynum. No disrespect to Bynum because he is dominating right now, but his domination is mostly credited to his bulk and strength he is good in the post and has gotten better from 8-10 out, but he still isn't quite there with polishing his skills. I think David Lee is there.

I mean Eddy Curry could dominate games offensively he even abused DH12 on occassion in the post which is no easy feat, but what else is he good for. NOTHING that's what he's a waste of space. Not saying Andrew Bynum is Eddy Curry, but he needs more time to improve his overall game I still think he relies to much on brute bulk. As for David Lee he's surrisingly stronger than he looks, he can run the floor beautifully and finish with both hands equally the same. He can also dominate a game offensively he's shown it before, but he is in a system that shares the wealth. If Larry Brown stuck around & benched Curry and put Lee in and made him the cornerstone of the offense he would be a 21/10 player before Mike D. Instead Isiah Thomas came along and decided to run the offense through Cheeseburger Eddy.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

mmhmm

Which category does Darko fall under?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm

IDK Jade

If anything Bynum doesn't use his size and strength enough to get easy points. He really is more of a finesse player who pretty much only utilized post moves and soft floaters from 4-5 feet. If he did become a more physical player, the way Shaq was and Dwight is, he'd be a monster. I still stick with Bynum being just as good a rebounder now as David Lee is. His size helps a little with that, but hey, thats part of the game. But nothing really impresses me more than him doing it for an 8-1 Laker team. If he has another good game tonight, I'll be even more impressed, considering the competition. There is no doubt that David Lee is a worker, but he lacks size, and good defense, and will never be able to dominate the way Bynum is starting to (consistently even).
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Random fact of the day: You know what was a cool team?

Milwaukee Bucks:

PG. SAM CASSELL
SG. RAY ALLEN
SF. TIM THOMAS
PF. GLENN ROBINSON
C. EARVIN JOHNSON
6. Michael Redd
7. Rafer Alston
8. Joel Przybila
9. Lindsey Hunter
10. Darvin Ham
11. Jason Caffey
12. Jason Hart

Coach: George Karl
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Tim Thomas FAIL. LOVE Ray + Glenn. They were awesome. ET was pretty good then too.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Tim Thomas used to be a 12-15 PPG guy!!! But, he's pretty one-dimensional all he cared for was offense
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Yes I know. Thats why he FAILs. I hate that guy.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:52 pm

That team went to the 2001 ECF and arguably lost to the Philadelphia 76ers under bad pretenses (refs/David Stern). The Bucks played the World Champion Lakers that year in 2 games in which the Bucks won by a combined 40+ points.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Yes I remember. The only reason is there aren't enough Bucks fans or Philly haters (as opposed to Kings-Lakers '02) for that questionable series to get talked about.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah I didn't mind though cause I'm a huge Allen Iverson fan and was glad to see him reach the Finals. However, it's pretty questionable if you ask me if the Commisioner of the NBA goes into the Bradley Center during a game 7 wearing a Philadelphia 76ers jersey. Milwaukee isn't a big market it's a sports commisioner's dream to have 2 huge markets in LA and Philly play each other, especially when both teams had the 2 players (AI and Shaq) who were vying for League MVP Honors.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Agreed Tony. David Stern is a douche. The league would be so much better off without him. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:59 pm

I think it's funny that you really think David Stern controls who wins and who loses.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Agreed David Stern is a prick have you ever seen the look on his face everytime the San Antonio Spurs win a championship/ It's like the world has ended or something than magnify the look on his face when the Celtics or Lakers win a title and see how happy he gets. The refs control who wins and who loses and they are under the NBA's paycheck and Stern oversees that. The NBA right now is sadly the most corrupt sports market in N. America.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm

He does play a role in it. Too much evidence points to it, and too many team owners and presidents think it. I don't think he decides the games, because playing great can overcome even bad officiating, but he does make it tougher for the smaller market teams, when its already tough enough for them to do well.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:06 pm

I remember the year Dallas and Miami went to the NBA Finals at the start of the season Stern and the NBA tried something new and that was that they changed the regulation NBA balls to some other material much to the disliking of most of the players and owners. Anyways, Mark Cuban took a stand to this and he called out Stern and even switched the balls to the old regulation ones between a game. I remember Stern said, "Mark Cuban would never win an NBA title as an owner of a team."

Fast forward to the NBA Finals that season. The Mavericks were the better team and the calls in that series were the most questionable calls I've ever seen in an NBA Finals series. How many times did Dwyane Wade get the benefit of the doubt and got to the line that series? How many times did many Dallas runs get fucked over by bad calls, especially during the last seconds.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 pm

♥нυм♥нυм♥ wrote:
He does play a role in it. Too much evidence points to it, and too many team owners and presidents think it. I don't think he decides the games, because playing great can overcome even bad officiating, but he does make it tougher for the smaller market teams, when its already tough enough for them to do well.

What evidence and who are the team owners and presidents that are saying this?

How does he make it hard for smaller market teams when San Antonio has 4 titles. Detroit has one and Miami has one and Cleveland (small market) and New Jersey (small fan base) have made the Finals?

Why isn't New York (the biggest market out there) in the playoffs?

Without Stern who saved this league along with Bird and Magic Johnson, the NBA wouldn't be the league it is today.

Last edited by Nick C on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:08 pm

♥нυм♥нυм♥ wrote:
did I say leader? of course Bynum isn't a better leader, he isn't in or expected to be in that position. Kobe is playing physical with Richardson, yet when J-Rich fouls him, he gives him a stare like he wants to start something. What kind of maturity is that?

Did you even watch MJ play?
Do you think he was all smiles?

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!:
I'm not fucking comparing them.....
Just giving you an example...so that you can get a grip....
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Nick there was an article about Donaghy's accusations on Yahoo a couple weeks ago. I would try to go find it, but I've got to go. Again I agree with Tony LOL.

YS, who said Jordan didn't need to control himself too?
And when have you seen him play for that matter? Im pretty sure I've seen more than you have.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I never said I seen play a lot......but nobody ever questions MJ's maturity because as you put it "he is the fukkking GOAT"....

So...if you gonna question Kobe's maturity over that shit...
You might as well question almost everyone in the league....
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

The Knicks have not made it into the playoffs because Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas's bad executive powers have mad ethe moves that they've done make fixing the Knicks in a short period of time beyond repair. With all the damage they have done in obtaining non-NBA players that don't give a shit about winning and would rather get a fat paycheck would of course make them a non-playoff team no matter who tries to rig things.

Patrick Ewing in actuality was supposed to be a Golden State Warrior (gulp) the Warriors were the 1st pick in the lottery, but Stern read it "wrong" so they say and said NY. See 1985 Draft conspiracy for more details. I am happy with that of course, but in terms of fair play that wasn't our pick. But, who's complaining. What I do complain about is other teams that got screwed by him.

Anyways, Donnie Walsh is a saavy GM who has made countless great moves over the years he has the Knicks looking like a winning team in an economic standpoint and has erased mcuh of the salary cap woes NY has had. NY was over the salary cap since Houston's lucrative contract extension and Layden traded Ewing away for garbage. No wonder we couldn't sign the right type of players. Now we can!!! And as the core players: Lee, Harrington (maybe), Gallinari, and Chandler progress who knows what the future would be like?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:21 pm

♥нυм♥нυм♥ wrote:
Nick there was an article about Donaghy's accusations on Yahoo a couple weeks ago. I would try to go find it, but I've got to go. Again I agree with Tony LOL.

YS, who said Jordan didn't need to control himself too?
And when have you seen him play for that matter? Im pretty sure I've seen more than you have.

You said team presidents... not caught cheaters.

I've read that exact article. It doesn't prove anything other than that a convicted criminal was trying to blackmail the NBA during the NBA Finals and spark controversy and damage the fans faith in the NBA.

Tony... Cuban wasn't the only person who hated that ball and stood up to the league against it. The list includes: Pat Riley... Shaq of the Miami Heat and Dwyane Wade... who won the NBA Finals that year.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:24 pm

"Patrick Ewing in actuality was supposed to be a Golden State Warrior (gulp) the Warriors were the 1st pick in the lottery, but Stern read it "wrong" so they say and said NY. See 1985 Draft conspiracy for more details. I am happy with that of course, but in terms of fair play that wasn't our pick. But, who's complaining. What I do complain about is other teams that got screwed by him."

How is that possible when GS had the 7th pick and drafted Chris Mullin?

The controversy is that the envelope was frozen and Stern would know, so that the #1 pick would go to NY.

Last edited by Nick C on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:26 pm

YS wrote:
I never said I seen play a lot......but nobody ever questions MJ's maturity because as you put it "he is the fukkking GOAT"....

So...if you gonna question Kobe's maturity over that shit...
You might as well question almost everyone in the league....

This wont work. What you said makes sense which means people wont do it.
Back to top Go down
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:30 pm

bynum has a huge body and a tiny head
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impressed by Andrew Bynum   Impressed by Andrew Bynum - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Impressed by Andrew Bynum
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next