Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?

Go down 
+4
BNB
Raza
Nick C
EM:)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? Empty
PostSubject: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:24 am

Other than a pure C NY needs a lengthy defensive stopper like Prince (who also has a well-versed offensive game and not a goofy one like Jeffries.) Since Billup's option has been picked up for another season (the final season of his contract) that might make NY a good destination for Prince to once again play alongside Billups and 2 star players. I think he'd fit in well in a Mike D system and Detroit is unraveling and in a downward spiral. Prince has expressed his discontent with the way the franchise is being run in the past.

Prince had a very good season after being hit with injuries a season ago. He was Detroit's most consistent player this year. He scored a season high 31 pt game and averaged:

14.1 PPG
4.2 RPG
2.8 APG
32.47 MPG
78 GP
.473 FG%
.347 3PT%
.702 FT%

Prince could either come off the bench and sub in for Melo or we can try Melo as a SG and start Prince as a SF.

The Knicks have 7 expiring contracts this year in:

Shawne Williams - UR
Jared Jeffries - UR
Ronny Turiaf - UR
Anthony Carter - UR
Derrick Brown - R
Shelden Williams - UR
Roger Mason J.R. - UR

I don't see many of those guys being brought back for next season so Prince is definitely a possibility.

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:59 am

But Prince is a small forward.

Strictly a SF. He's not going to get many minutes behind Melo' and I wouldn't play him at the PF spot.

And I would never put Anthony at SG. That's just asking for trouble.

You need to solidify the interior defense.

I wouldn't give up Shawne Williams or Turiaf. I think you can bring back both at a good price.

Honestly I think the Knicks need a better coach that actually knows/uses defensive sets.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:47 am

Nick C wrote:
And I would never put Anthony at SG. That's just asking for trouble.

I wouldn't give up Shawne Williams or Turiaf. I think you can bring back both at a good price.

Exactly what I thought when I read the first post. +1!

NY could probably bring him in...but he'd get wayyyyy reduced minutes unless Melo plays PF a lot more
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:58 am

I remember when the Bulls offered Mike D a contract 3 years ago, but he turned it down because NY was giving him more money. Shortly after that, the Bulls won the lottery some how and got a chance to draft D. Rose. The look on Mike D's face was priceless.

what does that have to do with this thread? nothing. I just figured that since Nick and Raza aready said was I was going to, I might as well say something different. hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:07 pm

When Mike D was coach of the PHX Suns they tried to bring in Thibs as a defensive coordinator and Mike D was not willing to do so. I heard it through the grapevine that the Knicks are exploring hiring a defensive coordinator to take over the defense. Rumor has it Ron Adams, last season's defensive coordinator for OKC, is the leading candidate for the job. This time I feel that Mike D will listen or at least I hope so. I think he is a very good coach. Things have obviously worked for CHI, but they are starting to work for us as well. To think Mark Jackson could've been our coach as I speak is nauseating.
Back to top Go down
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:07 pm

The Knicks need a big man, should go after Pryzbilla or Oden or something. Don't know if they can get Oden though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Possibly. He would have to play the 2 guard spot though. I think it could work.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Quality wrote:
The Knicks need a big man, should go after Pryzbilla or Oden or something. Don't know if they can get Oden though.

I think Oden's a lock in Portland

Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Knicks are going for Samuel Dalembert or DeAndre Jordan, both had good seasons. However, we could use more than just a true C. We would have 7 players that are FA: Shawne Williams, Turiaf, and maybe Anthony Carter are the only ones worth keeping. We could also waive Rautins too so that's 8 roster spots up for grabs with 3 players of those 8 spots realistically deserving of an extension.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:47 am

EM: Godfather Don Walsh wrote:
Knicks are going for Samuel Dalembert or DeAndre Jordan, both had good seasons. However, we could use more than just a true C. We would have 7 players that are FA: Shawne Williams, Turiaf, and maybe Anthony Carter are the only ones worth keeping. We could also waive Rautins too so that's 8 roster spots up for grabs with 3 players of those 8 spots realistically deserving of an extension.

This is who i hope we get.
Kris Humphries (+hustle, +rebounds, +scoring and taking pressure off Stoudemire) we could play him at 4 and have Stoudemire at the 5, Humphries runs the floor well and could play in a fast tempo type of team and he also does not need or demand the ball since we have so much scorers in the team in Melo, Stat, Douglas but if we do need him he can take that pressure in the paint off of Stat

Jordan (+Athleticism, +block shots) hes just pretty much a younger version of stat. you need that Birdman Anderson type of person who you can bring off the bench and spark up the defense with beef and size in the front court he can easily play in the tempo of the knicks style- the run and gun, running the floor and catching alley oops is what he did well with the Clippers, he would also come pretty cheap for a young player like himself

Pryzbilia (orwhatever) he brings in size in the paint and would be really cheap, he plays defense and is a bigger version of turiaf to a certain degree

JR Smith now this guy is a ticket seller, plays no d but he could stuff up the chemistry... the reason why i put him up is because of the way he would flourish in D'Antoni's system, even though you got Toney Douglas there he would be good in stretching the floor with some 3-point shooting and he could be the knicks version of Shannon Brown, that guy who saves the team from being extremely boring and puts on a show every now and then and becomes a fan favourite

I would like to see them get these players all because these types are role players who could fill in the starting spot easily (they all have had experience as starters) they all dont demand the ball and thats what you need when you got two scorers in Anthony and Stoudemire you need to surround these guys with complimentaries...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?   You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA? Empty

Back to top Go down

You think that the Knicks have a chance to bring in Tayshaun Prince --- FA?
Page 1 of 1