Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. Empty
PostSubject: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/04/02/2011-04-02_former_knicks_bust_eddy_curry_works_out_for_miami_heat_and_could_land_a_spot_on_.html

Curry got a buyout from the Wolves last March. No use having a fat player right? Not according to the Heatles, who may sign him to add another "physical center."

This makes me sick.

I can't believe this. A guy who gets out of shape and can't play for two non-championship caliber teams can still find his way to play for a possible championship team when other players like Antonio Daniels and Joe Alexander play real hard, and real physical, yet they can't find a spot on an NBA roster despite tearing up the D League.....

Last edited by wallshingtonwizard on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Tonio still out there playing ball? That's cool! I always liked Tonio.He's a warrior...
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Assuming you're talking about Antonio, yes, he's in the D League this year looking for one more shot at an NBA gig. I'm disappointed that he hasn't gotten one.

Nancy Lieberman has done a good job to showcase Daniels as well as Joe Alexander, who I'm confident will get another NBA job next season.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Yep I'm talking about Antonio Daniels. Hope he does get 1 more NBA gig...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:17 am

If you're big, you have a spot in the NBA. No matter how ridiculously unskilled, unmotivated, and out of shape you are.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm

If Eddy Curry gets signed by MIA I would be shocked. They could use the extra big body and boy have you got one in Eddy Curry. He's a lazy, unmotivated, and turnover prone sack of shit who hasn't played meaningful minutes in 2 1/2 years. Curry is a real close friend of James much like Mike Miller is. That's what brought Miller to MIA. And at one point some Knicks fans in denial as well as sports writers said it would be Curry's bond with James that would bring James to NY. That was 1 reason we kept him longer than we should. That and the fact that he had an untradeable contract. Curry in MIA doesn't add up with a PBO the likes of Pat Riley who demands a strict workout regimen for his players and they have to fit his requirements and get a bill of health to his liking. Curry doesn't have that but alas he's a big round body. If MIA does get him and if NY does play MIA in the playoffs rest assured I would boo Curry with authority. It would be funny as shit to see Curry on the Heat. If he actually gets some burn in the playoffs it be funny if it's a continuation of the Eddy Curry statline 4 rebounds, 6 turnovers (mostly through steamrolling and knocking the defender down cause he's impatient). Only this time he won't be the 19 PPG scorer he once was or the NBA leader in pts in the paint anymore. He won't be getting 40 pts with his 375 lb frame.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:45 am

If Curry gets to Miami just because LeBron likes him, that will be unacceptable. With Mike Miller going to Miami, he filled a need for them, and he is a good player (eons ahead of James Jones) though he had an injury this year. The fact that he's cool with LeBron is a plus, but Miller is a solid player.

Dwyane is the leader of the team, and should be the soul of that franchise until he's traded. It's just like the Celtics where Paul Pierce is the heart and soul though KG is the screamer.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 am

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
If Curry gets to Miami just because LeBron likes him, that will be unacceptable. With Mike Miller going to Miami, he filled a need for them, and he is a good player (eons ahead of James Jones) though he had an injury this year. The fact that he's cool with LeBron is a plus, but Miller is a solid player.

Dwyane is the leader of the team, and should be the soul of that franchise until he's traded. It's just like the Celtics where Paul Pierce is the heart and soul though KG is the screamer.

Of course Miller is a solid player. He has been injured for a number of years and sometimes plays too unselfishly for all his talents. The guy could cover a stat sheet in many ways. That's why he was in good demand. I know for a fact NY threw good money @ him. He would of fit our system well and it would've allowed him the opportunity to play up to par with his Memphis days. SA also offered him a good contract. And I'm sure there were other buyers that would've liked to obtain his services in a more private sphere (not addressed by the media). However, he made his decision and a large part of that was because he's buddy buddy with Bron. Can't deny that. It was a good move by MIA though he's a necessity and it would help if he ever gets himself healthy.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 am

We offered something to him too I believe but the chances were slim.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:03 am

Yep and then you guys gave Josh Howard the 1 yr contract extension. No worries though he'll soon be gone and you'll still have the promising young talents of Young & Crawford to further develop. And hopefully that comes with good picks as well. Try bringing Sloan out of his Salt Lake City home too. I know it won't look right to see him with anyone but the Jazz. But having him elsewhere is better than that having him at all. Sloan has stated that he's expressed interest if a franchise comes calling. And Washington can be that franchise. I'm not really sold on Flip. Never was really and I think his time is up in the Beltway too.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 am

Flips time hasn't even begun yet. He's the coach for at least another 5 seasons.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 am

I wouldn't wanna take Sloan given how many separate cores Flip has had to coach in the last couple seasons. I think he's really enjoying being part of a rebuilding team and teaching players, something he got to enjoy in Minny especially with KG's development from teen prodigy to MVP but something he didn't get to do as much effectively in Motown though Chauncey and Rip had some great years in the system.

Speaking about Antonio Daniels, Lou Williams got hurt, so he's getting a 10 day very shortly for the Sixers.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 am

Hope he makes the playoff roster and gets signed on Philly. I'd take him over Kapono and even Evan Turner right now who isn't even in the rotation. I can see him sticking it in Philly for the rest of the season and be a 3rd PG in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.   Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eddy Curry bought out by T-Wolves, may be in Miami.
Page 1 of 1