Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league

Go down 
+11
Tar Heel
John14
Nick C
Quality
MC-dizzle
Fox News
Abdu
EM:)
BNB
cbi
SO6P [KING]
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dirk Nowitzki is leading his team to the second best record in the West, and if he wasn't injuries at that time frame, they would have been 1st in the West.

Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.
LeBron has Wade and Bosh.
Amar'e not has 'Melo.

Dirk is the ONLY one w/o a legit other superstar..
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 pm

I didn't know being in front of the fakers make you a wonderful defender, I guess Tony Parker must be a hell lot better at defense than the entire Mavs team combined seeing the Spurs is in front both the Lakers and Mavs, shame he never made all defensve Sad
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 pm

MC-dizzle wrote:
I didn't know being in front of the fakers make you a wonderful defender, I guess Tony Parker must be a hell lot better at defense than the entire Mavs team combined seeing the Spurs is in front both the Lakers and Mavs, shame he never made all defensve Sad

Are you retarded?

Maybe when you FAKERS win important games you can talk shit.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 pm

..this went downhill..fast
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

King, if you can't see that Dirk is pathetic defender then you must be blind.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 pm

You ever heard of the Bill of Rights king? It entitles me to say w/e the hell I want.... you must be the one kid left behind :/

lol btw, I remember back on Y/A we couldn't get you off Wade's nuts...so you found a different lover? I guess Wade doesn't need you anymore seeing the massive increase in Heat fans over the summer.
Back to top Go down
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Derrick Rose is a choice for MVP because remember Boozer missed some time at the beginning of the season, then when he came back Noah was out - so they have been playing with a depleted roster the whole season, yet are still a top seed in the east.

They are only now getting their swag back. People seem to forget the injuries they've had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 pm

"Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA"

I just noticed that part of the title.

I to had Dirk as the MVP last time I made a thread on RBT.... but best player in the NBA? wtf?

Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 pm

MC-dizzle wrote:
You ever heard of the Bill of Rights king? It entitles me to say w/e the hell I want.... you must be the one kid left behind :/

lol btw, I remember back on Y/A we couldn't get you off Wade's nuts...so you found a different lover? I guess Wade doesn't need you anymore seeing the massive increase in Heat fans over the summer.

I don't think this is King from y!a... that guy would never hop off of Wade lol
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 pm

delonte_east wrote:
Derrick Rose is a choice for MVP because remember Boozer missed some time at the beginning of the season, then when he came back Noah was out - so they have been playing with a depleted roster the whole season, yet are still a top seed in the east.

They are only now getting their swag back. People seem to forget the injuries they've had.

I give most of that credit to the Bulls' defense, not Rose.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:

I to had Dirk as the MVP last time I made a thread on RBT.... but best player in the NBA? wtf?

He has the highest efficiency rating in the NBA. Look at his fucking FG% at how tough he shoots bro.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am

Killer Bee â„¢ wrote:
MC-dizzle wrote:

I don't think this is King from y!a... that guy would never hop off of Wade lol

cant really tell the diff except one's on Wade and this one's on Dirk, but the Y/A King was one funny knucklehead.

Brah you can jock about how efficient (which dirk is) or how tough his shots are (some of them are) or how much shorter you want Dirk's shorts to be (no comment), but unless you win a ring media ain't gonna jock on him like you do, and with awards like MVP or the notion of best player you need the media on your side, so your boy better get shit done in June.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 am

King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

He has the highest efficiency rating in the NBA. Look at his fucking FG% at how tough he shoots bro.

are you seriously saying Dirk is the best player in the NBA because he hits his shots at a high percentage?

He a shit rebounder for a guy who is 7 feet.

He is a terrible defender.

and I hate to burst your bubble... but Dirk doesn't have the highest efficiency rating in the NBA

http://hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx

There's the link for you to look it up.

he's 10th in PER. [not counting some players who haven't played in many games]

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 am

How dare you speak of Dirk as anything but the greatest player in the NBA EVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Dirk3Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 HqdefaultDirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 4565853831_56227d1528_oDirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 5305284Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Tumblr_l1o9599Eag1qak66ro1_500Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Dirk_nowitzki5Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 0
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:50 am

lol Nick, is it me or does those reminisce of these

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLkBvhyFL88NzmKvRA5VNBvQPxOfKyKpxXkrnALail_Ni3gKGR&t=1

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Pierce
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 am

I'll help King out here, Jamaican Man style Cool

Dirk Nowitzki is the biggest mismatch in the NBA and anytime you take something away from his game, another opens up. He is a skilled 7 footer with the best ball handles for a guy his size and can drive past other bigs. He also can shoot from anywhere with the %s of (47-50%FG, 37-41%3pt) therefore he lures bigs away from the hoop so that teammates can drive without being blocked. He doesn't need to touch the ball AT ALL to have an impact on the offense. Teams try to go small on him because of this and all that leads to is less rebounds for them and post up opportunities for Dirk which lets him get doubles and pass out to open shooters. He has the dimensions of a guard (passing off the dribble, creating his own shot, making FTs, outside shooting) which other bigs have a weakness in and the dimensions of a post player (shot blocking, post player for double teams, passing out the post, rebounding at 11per game in the playoffs yet he plays far from the hoop etc.) which the guards like Kobe/Wade would need a great big to help them in that (Shaq/Gasol/Duncan) and vise versa. Dirk didn't need either one to make the finals and none of the others made the finals in the tough west conference without that.

MAKING TEAMMATES BETTER:
Dirk's ability to stretch out the defense and create easy shots for his teammates is severely underrated as well.
Jason Terry's FG% with Atlanta 42.5%
Jason Terry's FG% with Dallas 47%
Terry is scoring the same amount of points he did as a Hawk while playing a full four minutes less. Plus, Terry won the Sixth Man of the Year Award, largely thanks to Dirk.
Jason Kidd's 3pt% before Dallas 33.5%
Jason Kidd's 3pt% with Dirk 43%
Kidd, is also averaging career lows in turnovers thanks to Dirk stretching the floor and creating wider passing lanes
Dirk is one of the most efficient players in the game. Dirk averages 1.9 turnovers per game for a 12 year career while missing only 32 games.
There is a reason why teammates shoot better around him, he makes people better.
The CLUTCH Factor:
Dirk Nowitzki is the most clutch player in the game today.
*According to this link, in the top 50 greatest elimination game performances since the year 1991-2010, Dirk's name comes up the most times.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog…

That's right, Dirk's name even comes up more over Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Hakeem, Malone, Duncan and any great you can think of from this time period when it comes to elimination games.

*Dirk has hit the most gamewinners since 2005-2006, and has a great efficiency and % in the fourth quarter)
** According to Elias Sports Bureau, in the ENTIRE history of the NBA, in elimination-games, Dirk Nowitzki has 13 30+ point performances. Only Wilt the Stilt, tied at 13, and Jerry West at 14, have achieved similar results! (Bird not on)

* Dirk career game 7's
Dirk game 7 vs Kings: 31 pts and 19 rebounds (shot higher than 50%)
Dirk game 7 vs Blazers: 31 pts and 11 rebounds (same)
Dirk game 7 vs Rockets: 14pts and 14 rebs (But his team won in blow out fashion) (5-14)
Dirk game 7 vs Spurs: 37 points and 15 rebounds with the clutch three point play. (above 50%)
So his game elevates the most under clutch pressure situations.

EFFCIENCY & Impact:
Dirk shoots anywhere from 47-50%fg, 37-41%3pt and 88-91%ft. He turns the ball over less than any superstar. This means running your offense through Dirk doesn’t waste as many possessions as running it through Kobe and LeBron who turn the ball over more and don’t shoot as efficient all over the court.
Win shares is basically a stat that shows the total amount of impact a player has on their teams winning out come. Dirk Nowitzki this past decade has led the NBA in win shares more times than any other player, including Kobe. So even the years Kobe’s team had the best record, he didn’t necessarily impact the winning % as much as Dirk did. There is a reason why.
Proof: http://www.basketball-reference.com/lead…
- Rebounds (He averages 11+ for his playoff career and he plays far from the hoop, some nights he will have low rebounds but again, he plays away from the hoop often).
Post game (He dominated the nuggets series in the post against Kenyon Martin, Nene, Chris Anderson averaging 34.4ppg and 11.6rpg. He has spin moves, up and unders, and one foot fadeaways).
-

Efficiency (He is the most efficient player we have in the NBA, he always shoots around 47-50%FG, 37-41%3pt, 88-90%FT and has a lower turnover rate than any star this past decade, he led the nba in efficiency 2 years straight and in the playoffs of 2009)
-Passing (He has averaged 4+ assist 2 of the last 3 playoff series and can pass out the post and off the dribble and is 7 feet tall)
-Outside shooting( above %s)
-Defense (He isn't the BEST, but it is underrated because of what he was in the past. Right now he is a good defender and strips the ball in the post better than any other bigmen, he plays his man good one on one, he always hovers around a combined 2.5+ blks/stls. He plays face up players like Okur and Bargnani real well also.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 am

Ok lets see..king please do reply:

Mvp:Yes.
Best Player:No.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:04 am

CAPTION TIME!!

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Dirk_110

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Dirk_210
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 am

MVP? Debatable. Best player in the NBA? Hardly.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 am

Are you

The king on yahoo answers?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:31 am

MC-dizzle wrote:
lol Nick, is it me or does those reminisce of these

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLkBvhyFL88NzmKvRA5VNBvQPxOfKyKpxXkrnALail_Ni3gKGR&t=1

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Pierce

I knew it was reminding me of something...

So eerily similar.

Separated at birth maybe?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 am

MVP:Debatable,but i'd still give it to LeBron and D-Rose...Rose will probably win it

Best Player:IMO LeBron
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Darko wrote:
MVP:Debatable,but i'd still give it to LeBron and D-Rose...Rose will probably win it

Best Player:IMO LeBron

Put LeBron out of the Heat, they are still championship-caliber.
Same with Rose.

Best player is Dirk, then LeBron.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Rest In Peace. wrote:
Ok lets see..king please do reply:

Mvp:Yes.
Best Player:No.

Both of them should be yes.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Dirk has helped the Mavericks obtain the top 5 seeds on many occasions; yet he has also choked in the playoffs. Why should I agree with you that he is the best player in the NBA?
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Black and Silver wrote:
Dirk has helped the Mavericks obtain the top 5 seeds on many occasions; yet he has also choked in the playoffs. Why should I agree with you that he is the best player in the NBA?

2006 playoffs: Refs rigged the game from 3-6,
2007 playoffs: Dirk didn't choke, Avery Johnson was out-coached.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next