Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?

Go down 
+3
Rush
Raza
Darko
7 posters

Are Dirk and Timmy Top 5 players material now?
A:Yes,they are
Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_lcap13%Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
B:No,they aren't
Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_lcap50%Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
C:Duncan is but Nowitzki isn't
Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_lcap25%Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
D:Nowitzki is but Timmy isn't
Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_lcap12%Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Empty
PostSubject: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Vote and please explain.I will vote for them
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Chris Paul's recent troubles (Hornets' failures and embarrassed in the playoffs) have kind of swayed my opinion on him (I had him at 5), but I still think he can hang in there and be the 5th, so no.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Raza wrote:
Chris Paul's recent troubles (Hornets' failures and embarrassed in the playoffs) have kind of swayed my opinion on him (I had him at 5), but I still think he can hang in there and be the 5th, so no.

Good facts to support your opinion Raza.Well,here is my call

Duncan and Nowitzki are practicly the only reasons why their teams(Spurs,Mavs) were and will be in the playoffs.Dirk is in his prime,he's great at scoring,shooting,has great all around game,is better rebounder and defender then he was.I have seen better defensive impact from Dirk like on the boards and man to man defense,he's awsome at shooting and his clutch shots gave the Mavs a 6th seed

Duncan is by far most skilled and consistant player in the league,he's also the best post scorer,good defender,good with his defensive impact on rebounds and shot blocks.He's way of his prime but he still shows that he has it all.I hope he wins DPOY because he deserves to win one.Go Timmy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Nowitzki is really overrated.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Rush wrote:

How do you mean overrated?At what
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Darko wrote:
Rush wrote:

I don't know. Dallas feeds him the ball like what Lakers do to Kobe. And Kobe makes the shots and Dirk sometimes make em. He isn't that great of a player IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:29 pm

I dont think they are personally

Duncan is consistent,efficient and has agreat all around game but it was uncertain if he was healthy this season/postseason.Duncan recently also tends to lack the ability to take over games on offense like other top 5 candidates can.

Nowitski on the other hand can get consideration for top 5 for his ability to be a scoring threat but he kinda lacks consistency to me and all around game is okay...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Rush wrote:
Darko wrote:
Rush wrote:

I don't know. Dallas feeds him the ball like what Lakers do to Kobe. And Kobe makes the shots and Dirk sometimes make em. He isn't that great of a player IMO.

I kind of get what ur saying
Dirk is one of the iso player who is going to be on or off scoring wise
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Rush wrote:
Darko wrote:
Rush wrote:

I don't think he's overrated.He's great shooter and one of the greatest in the league's history,he has unique way of creating plays for his team mates with attracting sharp blockers(Duncan,KG,Howard) to guard him and gives others to attack the rim wihtout beeing chalenged,has great all around game,is in his prime now,was MVP couple of years ago,isn't the best defender but his efforts on defense and rebounding should atleast be taken as good from people.Underrated defender

Having career stats of 22,9 PPG,8,6 RPG,1 BPG on a 47,2%FG,37,6% 3 pt FG,87,6%FT so far and those stats will be improven.I hope he win a ring one day even if had to play as a role player

I don't think this is overrated,don;t you think that way?
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Me,i dont think nowitski is tht overrated

but still....eh..........its hard to explain....when comparing to guys like timmy.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah,i know Timmy is better,same with KG but now Dirk>Kg.Nowitzki in his prime
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Nowitski to me...is kinda just one of the scoring PF's...who just score.....or miss...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Well,he does score but he has good all around game and is good defender as well
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 pm

I dont really pay much attention to his all around game cause it really doesnt stand out but ill give him the benefit of the doubt
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 pm

The Chosen One wrote:
I dont really pay much attention to his all around game cause it really doesnt stand out but ill give him the benefit of the doubt

You don't mind that because he's isn't your fave player,i take everything with facts for my fave player.I don't overrated him,i never do.JM deos and i hate him for that
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm

No they aren't
Wade
Lebron
Kobe
CP3
Howard

Nope
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Definitely no, but they are top 10 players.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 pm

No,Duncan and Dirk are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

My top 5:
1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Roy

Duncan is 6 and Nowitzki 8 so no I do not have either.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Walter wrote:
My top 5:
1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Roy

Duncan is 6 and Nowitzki 8 so no I do not have either.

Hm,ok then..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?   Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan Top 5 player material now?
Page 1 of 1