Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?

Go down 
+11
Straight Edge Bluntness
Saeed
EM:)
Nick C
Fox News
King Of NJ
Raza
brownie13
Darko
Chris
Mo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? Empty
PostSubject: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/07/16/will-penny-hardaway-come-out-of-retirement-for-the-miami-heat/

Penny Hardaway debating to come out of retirement to come play for the Miami Heat. He retired with the Heat in 2007. He's 38 years old, tying him as the oldest player (along with Shaq).

Does he really think a super veteran leader will really help them win at all? He's a 4x All-Star, so he's got experience. Although, I think this is just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Yeah why not..Other sources say that Larry Bird is testing his 3pt shot and might come back for the Celtics.. Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Chris wrote:
Yeah why not..Other sources say that Larry Bird is testing his 3pt shot and might come back for the Celtics.. Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? Sleep

Next thing you know, Bill Russell's coming back as well...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm

This is rediculus really, everyone is trying to play for this team.
I will lmao so hard if this team fails.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Chris wrote:
This is rediculus really, everyone is trying to play for this team.
I will lmao so hard if this team fails.

I'm laughing my ass off right now watching them fail.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

Magic Johnson is training with the Lakers...don't forget that Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 372102
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

lol. they cant get anything better than penny?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:38 pm

There's a reason the Heat released you in the first place buddy...stay away from the NBA.

Surely there's a better PG they can sign for the veteran's minimum? They might as well get some scrub PG anyway, because no matter who he is, he's probably not gonna get within 10 feet of the ball.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:17 pm

He was washed up since around 2003 and has been out of the league since 2007. Can he even last 5minutes per game? lol

Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 pm

LeBron needs titles wrote:
Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

Magic Johnson is training with the Lakers...don't forget that Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 372102

don't leave out that Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen are going to try to recreate their duo with the Chicago Bulls this upcoming season Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 372102
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 pm

He sucked in his last few years..now he'll super-suck
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

wes unseld wants to lace up again for the wizards Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 900593
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Ryan clady jr wrote:
Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

wes unseld wants to lace up again for the wizards Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 900593

LMAO!

Jez man... This is a total free for all... If Karl Malone comes out of retirement to play for the Miami CHeat I'm officially boycotting the season.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421200-penny-to-join-heat-lebron-actively-encouraging-others-out-of-retirement
DAMn this article makes me laugh

"While Stockton won't be running the point for the Heat in the upcoming season, 41 year-old Gary Payton is planning to meet with Hardaway to join in his workouts. The man nicknamed "The Glove" told reporters outside his Las Vegas home, "I've got a lot left and I'm only 41. If Penny can do it, I know I can. One title wasn't enough and I want to go out as a champion."

Is this a JOKE?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Chris wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421200-penny-to-join-heat-lebron-actively-encouraging-others-out-of-retirement

"While Stockton won't be running the point for the Heat in the upcoming season, 41 year-old Gary Payton is planning to meet with Hardaway to join in his workouts. The man nicknamed "The Glove" told reporters outside his Las Vegas home, "I've got a lot left and I'm only 41. If Penny can do it, I know I can. One title wasn't enough and I want to go out as a champion."

Is this a JOKE?

Karl Malone in the Heat! Very Happy

He will have a title and will cement his legacy as one of the best

Whoo!!!

Has anyone heard that Bill Russell and Larry Bird are going to sign for the Celtics this season,duh...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Chris wrote:

Is this a JOKE?

Whoo!!!

Has anyone heard that Bill Russell and Larry Bird are going to sign for the Celtics this season,duh...

Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 900593
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 pm

If thats the case Frazier, Monroe, and Reed come back and get it done. 3 parts of the greatest team assembled on paper.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Wilt Chamberlain is coming back to play with the Lak... nvm. D:
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:08 pm

The Heat should have a contest for the nickname for their new trio... whoever wins get to join the team for the season as the 14th man.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 pm

If that's the case that Stilt is coming back from the grave in some sort of resurrecting warlock spell. Then NY should bring back Jerry Lucas to join Amar'e/Gallo and the rest of the Knicks alongside Walt, Earl, and Willis. Just to play things safe.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Walt Frazier already said that he would be willing to come back if they gave him a contract like all of these current players have been getting hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Wow, is this man really willing to embarrass himself on the court just for a championship ring?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Nick C wrote:
The Heat should have a contest for the nickname for their new trio... whoever wins get to join the team for the season as the 14th man.

You mean the 8th man? Because that's the roster spot the Heat need to fill...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:44 am

Someone should tell Penny that bandwagoning for a ring is kinda pathetic....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 am

Nick C wrote:
Chris wrote:

Is this a JOKE?

Whoo!!!

Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? 900593

Kareem and Magic are returning for the Lakers and going to steal Kobe's show just like Karl Malone is planning to do on LeBron and Wade

'Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?   Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38? Empty

Back to top Go down

Penny Hardaway maybe returning to the league at 38?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next