Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.

Go down 
+2
Darko
cbi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. Empty
PostSubject: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Mar 26, 2011 - Ohio State's Jared Sullinger is the first major NBA Draft prospect to say he'll stay in school instead of declaring himself eligible for the June pro pool. Sullinger's Buckeyes fell to Kentucky in the Sweet 16 on Friday night; the burly forward was fantastic in defeat, having the sort of game we've been accustomed to seeing. Sullinger scored 21 points and had 16 rebounds (eight offensive).

But after the game, Sullinger said he's coming back for another run at OSU. From SB Nation's Along The Olentangy:

Quote :
In a small but extremely notable consolation prize, Sullinger and [junior guard William] Buford said they would return next season to the Buckeyes, which could find themselves in the preseason top-5 if that scenario holds true. When pressed on whether he was making the commitment out of emotion or frustration, Sullinger told the media, "I made this decision today, and I'm a man of my word. I don't go against my word. If I tell somebody I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it."
Many players have claimed they'll come back in the immediate aftermath to a crushing loss, only to later change course. Sullinger will have plenty of temptation to enter the 2011 NBA Draft, as DraftExpress currently lists him at No. 4 on its Top 100 Prospects list; ESPN's Chad Ford has Sullinger in the same spot.

Sullinger and Arizona's Derrick Williams are the top domestic power forwards potentially in the draft pool; Perry Jones, Enes Kanter and Donatas Motiejunas will also be in the lottery mix at that position.
---------

Sully, Buford and almost definately Craft are staying but Dieb, Lauderdale and Lighty are all seniors and will be gone. I dont think the teams gonna be good enough to get a 1 seed or win the whole thing next year.
But maybe Buford can regain my trust. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Oh, well

I thought he was going to enter the draft...

He'll beast again in the NCAA, no doubt about that. It could be a smart move though.

Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:51 pm

It might be cause of the emotions of the loss he said that so there is still a possibility he might go pro

Still it sucks cause he's a great player and the draft isnt exactly that deep as of right now anyways
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Any player with common sense would stay in college
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Chosen One wrote:
It might be cause of the emotions of the loss he said that so there is still a possibility he might go pro

Still it sucks cause he's a great player and the draft isnt exactly that deep as of right now anyways
If he stays I think its good news for the Cavs. Won't get suckered into drafting him, at least this year, cause I dont think he's gonna be a good pro.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:18 pm

This draft just went from terrible to all-time terrible. Unbelievable...the one guy who had a chance of being an instant star in this draft decides to stay another year. Except for Norris Cole. He's an instant star Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. 126814
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Kyrie Irving, Enes Kanter, Terence Jones, Derrick Williams, and Brandon Knight are all gonna be good to great pros.
Alec Burks, Perry Jones and a couple of the other foreign peole all have potential to be good pros.
David Lighty is gonna be one of the best glue guys in the league. Mainly cause he's from Ohio State...
and Norris Cole is gonna be a supertar.
I dont think this draft is gonna be terrible. Might not be good... but its not gonna be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Norris Cole will have one of the best rookie season in the NBA History...he'll be just that good

Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Jesus jr. wrote:
Any player with common sense would stay in college

So John Wall has no common sense?

I believe the possibility (almost certainty of a) future NBA lockout is a reason why players will stay an extra year in school. Why go pro into a situation where you will not make much money?

A good number of pro prospects will stay and hope they become college legends without paying a price like Da'sean Butler did. Some will go pro and hire an agent, and deal with the consequences later.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.   Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jared Sullinger says he's returning to Ohio State next season.
Page 1 of 1