Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?

Go down 
+5
No Longer DEAD
cbi
Raza
Fox News
Mo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, according to ESPN the Hornets are looking to shop Chris Paul. Although other sources say that there is less than 2% chance that this guy gets traded.

Right now analysis are saying that:

Chris Paul be traded to Magic, Grizzles, Nets?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jun/21/heisley-angered-by-mayo-rumors/

-Tried to shop Chris Paul for O.J Mayo?!

Right now exactly what are you thinking that Chris Paul will do, or should do. With the new ownership theres less than a 2% that they do anything with him, but the remaining 2% something could happen.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:54 pm

10 PPG on 46% shooting with good d and momentum switching dunks is kinda positive if you ask me :/

edit:

you just said he sucks... thats worse than bad lol
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:56 pm

I guess Indiana ruined him then haha. In Denver, he could hit threes...and dunk.

Indiana has the 10th pick in the draft. I went to look at mock drafts, and Damion James was projected to go 17th. However, I think Indiana could pick him up...He seems solid. 18 points and 10 rebounds a game. 50% shooter, 39% three point shooter. 7 foot wingspan with a 37 inch vertical seems like he has the potential to grab some rebounds, block some shots, and play nice defense (with his wingspan, that is)
Back to top Go down
J.Rasheed
College Baller
College Baller

Female Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 pm

I'd hafta say this trade could be good for the Lakers..
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 pm

I really like the idea, but a straight-up Granger-for-Paul swap probably wouldn't work for NO. I don't think Granger is worth Paul. I can see Granger, the 10th pick and their first rounder in 2012 for Paul, but I don't think Indiana would go for that.

Still, that would be a really good trade that makes sense for both teams. I'd like to see it happen (Collison would be a starting PG! Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Staying

Paul is too good. Only guys they can actually trade him for and get back equal talent are Kobe, Melo, Wade, Lebron, Durant, maybe Dwight.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

LAKER$$ wrote:
I'd hafta say this trade could be good for the Lakers..

...huh?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

thats why you trade for multiple players and picks
@CO
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

My Spurs are in the mix with shopping for Chris Paul now, just got a text.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
I really like the idea, but a straight-up Granger-for-Paul swap probably wouldn't work for NO. I don't think Granger is worth Paul. I can see Granger, the 10th pick and their first rounder in 2012 for Paul, but I don't think Indiana would go for that.

Still, that would be a really good trade that makes sense for both teams. I'd like to see it happen (Collison would be a starting PG! Very Happy).

But the thing is that the Hornets have Darren Collison AND CHris Paul, and I think the problem here is that one needs to stay and one needs to go. This particular thread just happens to be about CP3 leaving, so even with CP3 gone, you still have a great young talented PG. If the Hornets had no alternative PG behind Paul, then Granger wouldn't be enough, but since the position is already satisfactorily filled, Granger for Paul (probably with a few scrubs from each team to match salaries) could work straight up for New Orleans
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

TRADE HIM TO ORLANDO!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Would you like a Paul-for-Howard swap, SK? 👅

And Raza, I'd really like to see the deal. I just think that (even though it's a good fit for both teams) NO management would want something closer to equal value for Paul. That means Granger, plus draft picks and maybe another guy.

I think the Spurs would have the best shot at Paul. NO wants a good SF? Trade Parker, Jefferson and the number 20 pick for Paul. That way, Parker is there for a year to give Collison more seasoning, they get a wing player that could be a good fit (I honestly don't know if RJ is what they're looking for one way or another), and they get a pick to continue to build.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:20 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Would you like a Paul-for-Howard swap, SK? Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 Icon_tongue

NO.
A Nelson-for-Paul swap(:

Trade Nelson+Lewis for Paul+Okafor.
lol jk.

that would be sickkk.
Paul
Draft Pick/Pietrus
Pietrus/Draft Pick
Okafor
Howard

lmao.
Back to top Go down
J.Rasheed
College Baller
College Baller

Female Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:27 pm

one thing. bynum can block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?   Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. Chris Paul, traded or staying?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2