Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats

Go down 
+5
Fox News
Darko
wallshingtonwizard
EM:)
BNB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats Empty
PostSubject: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6336690

I think that's cool... not often would a player of his caliber think about signing with a small market team that hasn't really had much success.

Obviously if he wasn't from NC, he wouldn't even consider it... but I think it's kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

I like that move for him. I would've also liked if they brought in Baron Davis so he can play with Silas again.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I can't wait for "The New Decision" next July...

I'm not surprised he'd consider playing for the Cats because he is one of the underlings of the Air Jordan brand and because Winston-Salem is less than 100 miles north of the city. Most NBA players will consider playing for his hometown team or the team closest to home at some point in his career.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

That's little bit odd, but it will be a great move
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Chris Paul needs some better business advice.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 pm

CP will make money a lot of matter where he plays... and I'm sure MJ will help make him some $

But I think he's gonna keep an eye on the team next season and see if it's worth going there or not. I doubt he'll go there if CHA sucks
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:47 pm

I think him being in his prime he should be searching out a big market. NBA money is thin and your just not going to get the same endorsements playing in Charlotte that you would playing in LA.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Durant's making a lot of money playing in OKC, and he signed a 4 year extension. KG made a lot of money playing in Minny. Duncan in SA.

You can make a lot of money in a small market as long as you're winning.

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:01 pm

He's only doing it because of Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I wouldn't go. Jordan hasn't done anything to prove he's a good president or owner.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
I think him being in his prime he should be searching out a big market. NBA money is thin and your just not going to get the same endorsements playing in Charlotte that you would playing in LA.

Michael Jordan's presence changes almost everything however. He alone makes Charlotte a potential player.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:00 am

Jordan is not a great GM so far in his career. I would want certain things to be in order to ensure a winning team if I was Chris Paul. DJ Augustin would probably get shipped out or back to a role player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats   Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Paul would think about signing with the Bobcats
Page 1 of 1