Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?

Go down 
+2
BNB
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters

Who should represent the Washignton Wizards in the NBA Draft Lottery next Tuesday?
Ted Leonsis
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_lcap0%Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ernie Grunfeld
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_lcap0%Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Flip Saunders
 0% [ 0 ]
Katie Smith
 0% [ 0 ]
Alex Ovechkin
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_lcap50%Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Ernie and Ted
 0% [ 0 ]
Katie and Alex
 0% [ 0 ]
Alex and Ted
 0% [ 0 ]
Alex, Katie, and Ted wearing LeBron's next! t-shirts
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_lcap50%Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Bring 'em all!!!!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Empty
PostSubject: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Choices:
1. Ted Leonsis, Washington Wizards Majority Owner
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Big_gr10
(he's third from the left if you didn't know already.. I love this man!)

Why: He's the King of the Wizards. He listens to the fans (unlike Snyder). With George McPhee (NHL) and Angela Taylor (WNBA) under his watch, his teams get great players for the Caps and Mystics to get them toward championship contention, and while it's great to watch them get toward the promised land, Leonsis MUST be the face of our team to get us back toward the promised land as well in the long run.

2. Ernie Grunfeld, Washington Wizards President
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? 38092410
Why: He knows how to make decent draft decisions, all things considered. He also would be responsible for getting this team back on track on a day to day basis.

3. Flip Saunders, Washington Wizards Head Coach
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Flip-s10
Why: He's gonna lead the draft pick in battle and be directly responsible for his development.

4. Katie Smith, Washington Mystics Guard
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Katie_10
Why: One example of good luck for the Washington Wizards Family. And she is one of women's basketball's best guards of all time. Also she will be part of the "Bring LeBron to DC" team along with Ted and my next choice. She is also from Ohio!!!!

5. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals Forward
Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Alex-o10
Why: He is the Face of the Washington Wizards Family, even moreso than Ted Leonsis. Also a key member of the team to "Bring LeBron to DC".

Washington Wizards Family refers to the collective groups of the Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals, and Washington Mystics.

I say bring Ted, Katie, and Alex together, then Alex and Katie together, then Flip, then Ernie. If only one person represents us, here is my list:

1. Ted
2. Alex
3. Katie
4. Flip
5. Ernie

Getting Katie may be hard because the WNBA season starts tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Gilbert arenas
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Gilbert is the guy who guarantees us the 8th pick. He is the man who must be shipped out at all costs. I'll take back Kwame for him if it were possible.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:17 pm

yeah I know.

I honestly thing that by keeping Gilbert, the wizards are going to make other players stay away from WAS.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:49 pm

I can see it go either way. Arenas is talented, he was really good on offense given the circumstances especially. That's why players, especially a swingman who can handle some, would want to play for the Wizards. But the gun crap is enough for free agents to want to stay away unless they know that they will be bigger than Gilbert. Only LeBron, Dwayne, and maybe Chris Bosh, and perhaps Joe Johnson can all say that they're bigger than Gilbert right now.

There is a poll at www.bulletsforever.com which is one of the top Wizards blogs written by a megafan for SB Nation. It asks "Will you be willing to welcome Gilbert Arenas back?" 50% of 153 voters said that they would welcome him back with no preconditions (and I presume that they forgave him completely). 35% said yes, but he needs to earn trust back, and perhaps a number of guys here said that because we know Gilbert is a Wizard whether we want him or not. The remaining 15% don't want him, I am among the 7% who haven't forgiven him at all at least from a business perspective.

I don't know why he deserves to just come back here and get cheered like nothing happened. Bullets Forever is a great blog, but it is SOOOOOOOOO PRO-AGENT 006, and AGENT 006 to me is LeBron James, not this fool.

As with the draft, having Gilbert represent the team at the lotto will mean me demanding a refund of my season ticket money, stat. The franchise should make it clear to him that he's only there in a "marriage by necessity" capacity and if he f's up again, we should just pay him not to play. There are tons of married couples right now who are married and would divorce at the first opportunity, but won't or can't because the divorce right now will screw both sides even more.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, I just can't see any player wanting to put themselves in a situation where there could end up being a lot of negative media attention... like Last year in Was.

and if I was a wizards fan, I would NOT want Gil back.. he's the first person they should have gotten rid of.. not Butler, Jamison and Haywood.

and I was jk about gil representing them Razz
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:03 pm

I know you were joking.

From the Wizards standpoint with Gungate, when Gilbert was involved in the incident, there was pretty much no way for them to get rid of him, aside from voiding his deal, which would have been feasible if, and only if he got a long prison sentence. The judge decided that he just made a bad joke and let him off the hook which screwed the Wizards. At that point, blowing up the team was the best option for the team's future, and they had to see what they could get for Twan, Butler, and Haywood. The Wizards were entertaining shipping him out of town before Gungate too, but after the incident, they knew they were stuck with him barring him getting a loong prison term.

Either way, I don't think Leonsis would have Gil represent the team even if he forgave him completely. I doubt Alex represents the team either (Though he should), only because he is from a non-NBA league, the WNBA is. That's why I would love to see Katie Smith represent us.

To add to more grievances on him, Gilbert NEVER came to any of the meet the team events last couple years either, before Gungate, because at that point he was left to dry and I wish he still was.

Last edited by thewiz06 on Sat May 15, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:06 pm

well.. they got NOTHING got Jamison.. good deal with the mavs though before Josh Howard got injured.. but I still think they gave up too much there. At the end of it all though, it was obvious that the Wizards were trying to clear up cap space.

yeah.. gil is gonna have to win over a lot of people next season
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:08 pm

We got Al Thornton for Jamison and a borderline 2nd round pick, though this happened with the Clippers too. I doubt we would have ever done a straight up Jamison for Z and nothing else trade which is what the Cavs wanted.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? 5529

completely forgot about Al thorton.

yea.. it didn't end up that badly for the Wiz.. plus you got to see what Blatche could do
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:29 am

Tell Wes Unseld to do it...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:35 am

Why not have Barrack Obama represent the Wiz in the lotto? lol
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:39 am

President Obama would be great, but let's be real here. He's busier than my candidates, and he isn't a Wizards fan until LeBron wears #6 in Chinatown White, Blue and Gold.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:38 pm

I was gunna suggest Wes Unself but Tony EM beat me to it

I think it'd be funny and cool to have Alex Ovecheckin do it though
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I just learned that Ovie is playing in an international tourney so he won't be there for the lotto anyway. Guess that it's Ted and maybe Katie if I'm lucky
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:52 pm

How about Stephen Strausberg to represent the Wiz?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Strasburg wouldn't be bad, but he hasn't played for the Nats yet.

As long as he keeps his arm in shape, he'll be a scary pitcher for years. Just DOMINATING the AA and AAA leagues right now. I think the Nats ownership has a small stake in the Washington Wizards family so I guess a Nattie can get in the lottery show as long as there's no game tomorrow (and in baseball, there's a game almost every day).
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks like the Wizards picked former owner Irene Pollin. Well, I guess it's a good send off package for her....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Overckin,the beast or the president Obama Cool
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:23 pm

shoulda been Arenas
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Ted came and we won for once!
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:08 am

The Wizards should send Irene Polin every year since they got lucky and won the lottery
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:16 am

Well Pollin won't be owning the team in a couple of weeks, and I never heard of her retaining some minority share of Lincoln Holdings, the group that's about to own the entire portfolio that I belabored to death already.

It also isn't good to be in the lottery every year, so maybe you worded this to mean, "Every time the Wizards are lottery bound (by record or trade), they should invite Pollin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?   Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should represent the Washington Wizards for the best possible luck in the lottery?
Page 1 of 1