Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?

Go down 
+2
Tar Heel
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? Empty
PostSubject: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 am

I hate to hit a broken record here, but now that the Wiz/Mavs trade has happened, much of the Wizards fanbase has been VERY irate over it because the trade did not offer Beaubois or at least a draft pick for the future. Mavericks fans seem to be very pleased with an All Star and another player who should have been an All Star over Al Horford if the Wizards were performing better, though this limits their ability to go after LeBron. In my opinion, they don't stand a chance for LeBron anyway, as most the off season they're looking forward to is the Melo Dirk money of 2011, which also is when an NBA lockout is expected to happen given how CBA negotiations are like. We can always try to get more picks toward draft day anyway (or after), depending on what our team has left in the cupboard.

In my opinion, the Mavs trade isn't the most ideal, duh, but this trade replaces a player who couldn't fit well in Flip's system (Butler) and the Wizards gain new pieces that could fit better in the rest of the season and perhaps the team may do something productive, assuming no trades are made. Howard seems to be a better fit than Butler given the type of swingman he is. Gooden is a decent low post player himself. Of course, the fact that we got over $9 million in LeBron money helps.

So, having said all that I hit my question:

Now that it's clear that the Wizards are "retooling on the fly" (a/k/a blowing it up), is Jamison next to go, though he was "untouchable" just a week ago? He is still rumored to be traded to Boston (Celtics denied it), the Cleveland rumor has died down a bit because they are trying to get Amare and Shaq back together on the same frontcourt, but I doubt that this trade will happen because the Suns are playing pretty well, though I'm not surprised if it does happen. Either way, if and when Jamison is traded, it is quite possible that the Wizards may waive Josh Howard or other players with large contracts who come here. This is a potentially worst case scenario roster for the Wizards if Jamison AND Mike Miller get traded for Ray Allen (with the agreement that Ray gets waived, and re-signs in Beantown). Josh Howard doesn't get waived (he does have value albeit not as much as a yr or two ago), but Gooden does get waived from DC because he is pissed with coming to a losing team and yes, a team like Cleveland can use him (he did play on their Finals team too).

G - Randy Foye
G - Nick Young
F - Josh Howard
F - Andray Blatche
C - JaVale McGee

Boykins, Oberto, McGuire, Ross, Singleton are the main bench guys (may be the only bench guys for that matter)

What about next year? This could be the starting lineup in 2010-2011 since it is unrealistic (at least as of now) that we will be able to attract any of the high class free agents (LeBron, Dwyane, Chris, Kobe) or even the B List free agents (David Lee, Nate Robinson, Joe Johnson, Boozer). Event the Olde Guarde Free Agents (Shaq, Ray Allen) would be VERY hard to convince to play with a cast of the guys below who may be the starting lineup in 2010-2011:

G - Randy Foye (I don't see Randy leaving DC under any circumstance. He is the most talented guard on the team after the banished Gunbert)
G - Nick Young
F - Dominic McGuire
F - Andray Blatche
C - JaVale McGee

Draft picks and the training camp guys will constitute the bench, even if John Wall goes pro (remember he can always stay in school so we must assume that until he says otherwise) is drafted by the Wizards. I think Foye would start over Wall anyway at least for the beginning. This roster would be a disaster since no one is worth building around, except maybe Foye since he has continued to play well since getting legit minutes, like he did in Minny last year. Let me add one more twist here. Let's say that Flip Saunders quits the Wizards and takes the Nets job next year since he came to DC to win the NBA Finals, and with the Wizards, obviously we will suck like the Hawks did for 10 years before making another playoff appearance, maybe worse especially if Gilbert is not voided. The Nets of course get LeBron and Bosh so Jay-Z's life is spared by the Russian mafia. Who coaches the Wizards? Well, hell I guess Patrick Ewing or Sam Cassell will be the best possible candidates since no one will want to coach a team that will suck like the Hawks for eight seasons or Warriors did for 12 straight years or the LA Clippers for FIFTEEN years without one playoff appearance. Yes, even we had a stretch of eight straight years without one playoff run to 1995-1996 and another seven year run without a playoff run after that berth, so the Wizards during a 16 year stretch only made the playoffs once from 1988-89 to 2004-05. OH BOY.... So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? Icon_rolleyes

So to cut it to the chase here are the questions:

1. Will Antawn and possibly Mike Miller get traded before Thursday at 3 PM?
2. Will the Wizards waive any of the good players we got or will get in these trades (Josh Howard, Gooden, possibly Z or Ray Ray)?
3. Will the starting lineup of the 2010-2011 Washington Wizards be as bad as the starting five I just laid out?
4. Who or what is to blame for this trade and any others? (I blame Gilbert Arenas for it mostly because of the guns, but this trade may have happened anyway)

Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 am

Yup. They're gonna try their hardest to move Jamison in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

North Carolina Lakelbeast wrote:

Well do you think the Wizards lineup could be as bad as how I laid it out? And what or who do you blame for this debacle?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Wizards unfortenly are going to trade Jaminson away :/
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Havent they said jamisons not going nowhere?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Tha SlaughterHouse wrote:
Havent they said jamisons not going nowhere?

The number one priority is to keep Jamison so the Wizards have a decent player to build around. He is an underappreciated fan favorite here. He has a large contract, but I wouldn't say it's a bad one considering that his body is kept in good shape and he just brings it every game and he gives a positive impact for the Wizards when he's on the floor.

That doesn't mean that he is untouchable untouchable like Gilbert. Now that this move has been made (and was somewhat expected), it is very possible that Jamison may get shipped, and Darko I do believe that there is a 50/50 chance that he is traded, but the Wizards would likely want a player that is worth building around as a core player, not necessarily as a franchise player, but at least as a core player for the future. If Jamison is traded to a contending team that may want a guy of his age, these are the pieces I would want though they are all very hard to get. I only see the Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, and Spurs wanting him. Mavs are out of the question since they have been dealt with:

Boston - If I were Ernie, I guess I have to take Ray Ray's contract even though Ray said that he doesn't think he'll get traded. Wizards can also give up Mike James and we also want to get a draft pick (2010 or 2011) and Shelden Williams

Cleveland - I guess we must take Z's contract, waive him upon getting him so he can resign. I don't want Hickson. I want Varejao. If Cleveland is going ALL IN for the 2010 NBA Finals and think Jamison is that last piece, well, I think getting him to replace Andy is appropriate.
Lakers - Lamar Odom has been worried more about Khloe Kardashian than the Lakers as of late. We can take this clown, who has the size and power of Antawn plus the court vision and passing of Caron. He is definitely a guy we can build around. We can also give up Mike James to the Lakers. In addition to receiving Odom, I will go ahead and pick up Adam Morrison's and ideally Shannon Brown's deals. If Shannon is as untouchable as Kobe, well, I'll snag Derek Fisher, waive him so he can re-sign with the Lakers in March but I want a draft pick as well. It's not like the Lakers need any draft picks for the next five years anyway.

Why he needs to leave the Lakers and stop being a distraction: http://globalgrind.com/channel/gossip/content/1380015/Khloe-Kardashian-Making-A-Sex-Tape-For-Lamar-Odom-Video/

San Antonio - This trade is much harder to make happen, but it can. Here is a deal involving Antawn:

Wizards get - Richard Jefferson, Matt Bonner, Ian Mahinmi (also a pick would be greatly appreciated)
Spurs get -Antawn, Blatche, Nick Young, Fabricio Oberto, and Javaris to make the numbers work.

We get two players to build around for a couple years in Jefferson and Bonner. Bonner could also be waived back to San Antonio, but I think his size, shooting and savvy are too valuable for us to just return to sender.

Spurs get an offensive juggernaut and good weak side defender plus young players who can still be taught how to play defense in Blatche and Young. Oberto gets to go back to San Antonio. We also get more LeBron money.

I find this trade hard to do, but it could be done if the Spurs are really that fed up with Rich.

Either way, getting a good deal for Antawn is hard, but it can be done if teams are that desperate to spoil Nike's MVPuppets again.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

thewiz06 wrote:

Well do you think the Wizards lineup could be as bad as how I laid it out? And what or who do you blame for this debacle?

It could be. And I would blame whoever signed them to such gross contracts. On the plus side, you have some nice, younger talent. And by that I mean JaVale McGee. Very raw, but he could become a star center. And max contracts galore to hand out.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 pm

thewiz06 wrote:

It could be. And I would blame whoever signed them to such gross contracts. On the plus side, you have some nice, younger talent. And by that I mean JaVale McGee. Very raw, but he could become a star center. And max contracts galore to hand out.

The guys signing the contracts (for the team) would be Ernie Grunfeld, and with the blessing of ownership being Abe Pollin (who loved Jamison and liked Arenas' talent too) and Ted Leonsis (the primary minority owner and the guy who is expected to buy the team). Grunfeld's days may be numbered with Leonsis soon taking full control, but at the same time, Grunfeld only had one true head coach to work with, so I personally give him the benefit to start over.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/2/14/1310131/2010/2/14/1310131/why-the-wizards-mavericks-trade-is#storyjump

This link above is very damning of the trade. I agree with Bullets Forever that there are better trades that could have been made, but I think that this was close to as good as they were going to get given what the Wizards wanted. The Jamison contract may be a "bad" one given how old he is, but Jamison is in my opinion a player worth building around for the short term in the next couple seasons, since he is worth watching. The writer claims that the Antawn and Gilbert deals are crippling since we can't get out until after 2012. To me, it's just the Gilbert contract is the most damning one right now obviously, and voiding him is a #1 priority upon learning what his jail sentence is. Gilbert did play well this year, with 22-4-7 stats, so a number of teams will want him when the air clears on Gun-gate. If anyone is going to be made an example of in terms of the contract voiding, Gilbert will be unfortunately or fortunately because he broke the CBA, and a very core league policy, along with the horrible economy we're in.

This is very taxing on the fans, including me. I'm still waiting on my season ticket renewal notice for the 2010-2011 season and wondering how much money I'm gonna have to dish out for a team that may be worse than this year's Nets at worst though anything can happen of course.

Our young talent is good, JaVale has the most promise because of his athleticism, but he is a lost fool on defense, trying to block every shot, and half of his blocks are goal tends, so his effectiveness is basically nullified because of that. Flip is a great coach in the NBA, and there's a reason why McGee ain't playin. It's because of that very reason. Sure he was invited to the Team USA minicamp, but really, was he gonna represent us in the games? Really? There is a lot of rumors among Wizards team insiders that they are going to break up the "young core" of McGee, Blatche, Young, and D-Mac. This would be a good thing since as a unit, they have acted in a happy go lucky matter more than as a serious professional matter. Probably McGuire is the guy who actually is most focused, but I can't say the same for Nick Young and Blatche.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:49 pm

At least you got rid of DeShawn Stevenson.

It loks more and more like the Cavs are going after Amar'e... maybe if that trade doesn't fall through they'll go after Jamison.

But the deadline is coming up quick.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I think this trade will factor into the judge's decision when he rips Gilbert. If I were the judge, I will sentence him for the whole five years and use this as my premises. If I were the judge, here would be my opinion. Instead of an affidavit in legalese, it is in plain English

1. You plead guilty to felony gun possession in DC for having unregistered firearms.
2. You (Gilbert) had a gun related violation before in 2003 in California
3. You acted very nonchalantly about the gun incident and the investigation up until the date you were suspended by your place of employment, the NBA and the Washington Wizards. This included lying about why you brought the guns into the Verizon Center. Originally you publicly said they were there to protect the kids. But really they were there to intimidate a colleague, though of course, it wasn't with an intent to kill. Also you even broke attorney client privilege and talked too much on Twitter, which again shows your nonchalant-ness.
4. Even after you were formally suspended for the rest of the season by the NBA without pay in late January, you claimed that you told the president of your workplace that you wanted to take the rest of the year of and said "I Did The Crime, Let Me Do the Time". The NBA president then said that you never said it, once again showing that you are not taking the situation seriously.
5. Your colleagues with the Wizards have faced an undeserved amount of emotional pain and distraction at work and didn't perform up to their standards because of your prank. This led to them making changes with their personnel which could adversely affect them not only in the near future, but also for the next several years. In addition the Wizards may be viewed as a place for other future players, like yourself, want to avoid getting to, and therefore, their reputation has been severely tarnished.
6. As a judge I am a public officer working for the public good and the decision I make must send a message to both you and the public not to bring unregistered guns to DC
7. The prosecutors requested that your sentence should be from zero to six months in prison, and though this is their sentence recommendation, I don't have to follow it. In addition during your plea hearing you thought that you would only face six months.
8. (This is hypothetical) Your psychological evaluation reveals that you have some problems involving your mother, who you do not want to contact and may have contributed to some of your flamboyant behavior throughout the last few years. Though you may have these problems, the evaluations still clearly state that you know right from wrong and did this act on your own volition.
9. You said you did the crime and wanted to do the time in an interview, which was a lie after you plead guilty to the aforementioned charge.
8. Therefore, given these facts, you are sentenced to five years in prison.

If this happens, God shined a light on the Washington Wizards and Alex Ovechkin's bargaining skills.

Last edited by thewiz06 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:21 pm

LMFAO...I wish
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Tha SlaughterHouse wrote:
LMFAO...I wish

The Union better not fight the void if this does happen
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am

I think Mike Miller will end up on the Heat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?   So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards? Empty

Back to top Go down

So will we see another trade involving the Washington Wizards?
Page 1 of 1