Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Milwaukee Bucks Report Card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Milwaukee Bucks Report Card Empty
PostSubject: Milwaukee Bucks Report Card   Milwaukee Bucks Report Card EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:39 am

Preseason expectations: Oversee positive development from Brandon Jennings; see Andrew Bogut become a legit center in the NBA which many though he was a bust; see Michael Redd bounce back from injury; aim for a 40 or more win season, sneak in the playoffs if possible.

Overall based on preseason expectations: A

General: This is a team that prides itself on grabbing offensive rebounds on O, they also like to make the opponents shoot in a low percentage.

Key to their success: This is another team that made the playoffs and did so with D. The Bucks were a top 10 team in the league for FG%age D and 3P%age D. They were top 5 in offensive boards. They cause 14.7 TO's a game, 3rd in the league. Offensive efficiency was also key to success. They dished out 21.2 dimes to 12.7 TO's (1.6 A:TO ratio) and their opponents gave out 19.3 dimes to their aforementioned 14.7 TO's a game. When you defend shots well, grab a ton of offensive boards, and are very efficient on O, and not letting the other team get in their rhythm, well, you're gonna win a lot of games.

Bad Points: They were efficienty on offense, but they were among the league's worst in overall shooting. 2nd worst in the league as a matter of fact at 43.6%. The Bucks also suffered some untimely injuries, including losing Michael Redd to a knee ailment (again) and seeing Andrew Bogut go through the arm equivalent of a Shaun Livingston on TV, though the injury is not believed to be as serious.

LeBron money available: 12-36 million goes off the books depending on if Michael Redd and John Salmons pick up their options. I would think that Redd is picking up his option, no doubt, but Salmons will likely see his options.

How far can MIL go: Their season is over. Even before the playoffs began and when we knew they would be in the playoffs, we didn't expect them to go past the first round, myself included. The fact that these guys got this series out to seven games was definitely above expectations from most NBA fans. We do know at least this much though. Jennings is a hell of a player, even though he did fade away a bit in the season's second half. Bogut was for real this year before the injury, and Salmons was a great midseason pickup.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Bucks Report Card   Milwaukee Bucks Report Card EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

I think that this an appropriate grade given that some of us here believed that the Bucks would be the worst team in the East (record-wise) much less the worst in the entire league. This team really did surprise me this season and I did not anticipate them becoming a legitimate threat at all.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Bucks Report Card   Milwaukee Bucks Report Card EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Hahahahahaha I think every team that wants to make the playoffs should trade for John Salmons halfway through the season. Both Chicago and Milwaukee did at a time where they were a slew of games out of the playoff hunt and afterwards they just take off. If the trend continues Salmons will have a shaky start to the season after he was a big part in Milwaukee's playoff birth next season. Assuming he's still in Milwaukee or not. Then if this trend continues he gets traded to a team out of the playoff hunt and they both catch fire.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Bucks Report Card   Milwaukee Bucks Report Card EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:31 pm

I think they have to get an A..

but Chicago gets some credit for giving them Salmons... such a bad trade for us. hahahaha. even though salmons was sturggling with us, he still helped us win a lot of games. And its because of him we made it to the playoffs last year. After that trade for salmons and brad miller, the bulls went on a run and made it to the playoffs. Same with the Bucks. He's really underrated as a player...

but yeah, the bucks played great this year... good D. They just have to hope that the players don't get sick of skiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Bucks Report Card   Milwaukee Bucks Report Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1