Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Chicago Bulls Report Card

Go down 
+7
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
Steve
Fox News
BNB
Chris
wallshingtonwizard
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Chicago Bulls Report Card Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:25 am

Preseason expectations: Return to the playoffs, improve on last year's record, try to become 2nd place in the Division as the team is obviously not talented enough to be the Central Division Champs

Overall based on preseason expectations: C

General: This is a team that prides itself on deliberate tempo offense and they love making teams get out of sync on defense and they crash the boards all the time.

Key to their success: Defense, defense, defense. The Bulls average more total boards than any other team on average. They average more blocks a game than any other team on average (and that's without a Dwight Howard or Haywood or Shaq-esque figure). They are top 5 in the NBA in field goal percentage D as well. On Offense, they have a 1.7 Assist to turnover ratio (20 assists to 12 turnovers), and are among the league's best teams in not turning the ball over.

Bad Points: Offense is a concern. First is thre three point shot. No one on this team is a legit three point threat except SG Kirk Hinrich, and even he isn't the best three point man in the world. They are one of the worst teams in terms of offensive FG%age and the worst team in the NBA for the three. So in clutch situations, they won't be able to spread the floor.

LeBron money available: 38 million off the books for next year, no options for next year, so it's pretty straight forward. Better news for the Bulls is that all of their core players, Deng, Hinrich, Rose, and Noah are all under contract next year.

How far can CHI go: If they make the playoffs, don't expect them past round 1. Expect the Bulls to try to lure an A List free agent to get this team into the Conference Finals and better next year. Their core as it is, is quite young and just one glue guy can make them this good since the core can only be better next year.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

In one word, "overrated" (plus Rose) in preseason and doing shit in postseason.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Chris wrote:

????

anyway...

A C is fair. If we didn't get hit with all of those injuries at once we would have a playoff spot locked up.. but if the bulls don't fuck things up, we should finish either 40-42 or 41-41 with the 8th seed. Last year we finished 41-41 with the 8th seed AND our team has gotten slightly worse because we have no shooters and we traded away Salmons and tyrus thomas. But even with all of that, our D has improved since last year.. only thing we were missing was a consistent outside shooter...

w/e.. im just wating for free agency
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Here are my criteria for grades, all based on expectations:

A - Team has across the board met and exceeded expectations; they are on the right track for sure.
B - Team is satisfying its expectations; some good surprises too may have come out of their performance, but not knocking my socks off
C - Team is adequately satisfying its expectations; some expectations may not have been met yet, or can't be.
D - Some expectations are close to being made, but most are just not
F - Expectations are just not being met at all

So if you are the Cleveland Cavs and why they're getting a C, well, they are meeting expectations, but haven't met them all, and some can't be met until June. No grade inflation here. So a B is not the norm. C will be what most teams get.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 pm

ohhhh okay. then nvm about what I wrote on the Cavs report card thread haha
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:

????
I mean Bulls fans were saying they gonna own, they will have a better record and their usual shit talking about Ben and finally 90% were wrong, it might be because of the injurys, but pretty much every team from the worst to the best have injurys.
They were overrating the powers of their team.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 pm

i Give B-
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:

????
I mean Bulls fans were saying they gonna own, they will have a better record and their usual shit talking about Ben and finally 90% were wrong, it might be because of the injurys, but pretty much every team from the worst to the best have injurys.

ok... i don't know how many bulls fans you know... but all of that is wrong.

Around draft time last year, bulls fans were hoping to get a shooter to replace Ben Gordon because we knew he probably wasn't going to be back. If we got a shooter, we felt that we could have won close to 50 games.. and we're around 40 right now with no shooter, so we could have been right. Once we found out that the bulls weren't going after a shooter.. a lot of us bulls fans were saying that we would be lucky if we finished over .500

So I have no idea where you're getting your info..

Bulls fans online? half of 'em probably aren't even real bulls fans.

in greece? again... probably not real fans... or they probably are and they overrate the bulls just like you overrate the Celtics and their players
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:

????

Around draft time last year, bulls fans were hoping to get a shooter to replace Ben Gordon because we knew he probably wasn't going to be back. If we got a shooter, we felt that we could have won close to 50 games.. and we're around 40 right now with no shooter, so we could have been right. Once we found out that the bulls weren't going after a shooter.. a lot of us bulls fans were saying that we would be lucky if we finished over .500

in greece? again... probably not real fans... or they probably are and they overrate the bulls just like you overrate the Celtics and their players
Proving my point.
And no, ofc they were not from Greece idk any Bull fan from Greece.

But tell me, when did i overrate Celtic's players, i mean even if i overrated someone it wouldve been Rondo but players? how come insulting me when you have no clue what you talking about.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:

????

Proving my point.

But tell me, when did i overrate Celtic's players, i mean even if i overrated someone it wouldve been Rondo but players? how come insulting me when you have no clue what you talking about.

Its impossible to overrate the Celtics players, since they are all absolutely amazing, duh!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Steve wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:

????

Proving my point.

Its impossible to overrate the Celtics players, since they are all absolutely amazing, duh!
lol, exactly Wink
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 pm

well Chris I guess you forgot about everything else I said

I said around draft time last year we thought we COULD get 50 wins IF we got a shooter.. but we didn't get one so we didn't think we would get 50 anymore... we start looking forward to free agency. But since we're around 40 wins... saying that we could have had 50 if we had a shooter isn't really overrating our team.

and you say you don't know any bulls fans... so the one's you do know are from the internet right? how many do you know from the net? like 5-10?

so from like 5-10 fans... "Bulls fans" were overrating the team?

spend a day with me and my friends buddy and see how much we "overrate" them

there is nothing to overrate... they arent even that good
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 am

Nenadidas wrote:
well Chris I guess you forgot about everything else I said

I said around draft time last year we thought we COULD get 50 wins IF we got a shooter.. but we didn't get one so we didn't think we would get 50 anymore... we start looking forward to free agency. But since we're around 40 wins... saying that we could have had 50 if we had a shooter isn't really overrating our team.

and you say you don't know any bulls fans... so the one's you do know are from the internet right? how many do you know from the net? like 5-10?

so from like 5-10 fans... "Bulls fans" were overrating the team?

spend a day with me and my friends buddy and see how much we "overrate" them

there is nothing to overrate... they arent even that good
They were more then 5-10 Bulls Fans, way more, that were overrating them, everyone had the same exact opinion (about the upcoming season) and everyone was saying that not signing Ben was a good move..but now we see that it wasn't and i bet you was one of them saying not signing Ben would be better.
I dont say you overrate them (you might be in the 10%) i just saw many Bulls fans to overrate them before the start of the season, if i was from USA i would prolly knew more about Bulls fans, but im not.

Honestly, i still dont get why you said im overrating Celtics scratch
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:44 pm

dude I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... I've heard like 10 bulls fans overrate the bulls and I LIVE in Chicago. Like I said before... the "fans" you know online might not even be real bulls fans.. and you saw may bulls fans overrate the bulls? hahahaa

and not signing ben gordon WAS a good move. We saved money for this offeseason and he was an undersized 2 guard that didn't play any defense. We won 41 games with Gordon last year and we are close to 41 this year. If we replaced him with another shooter we would have had more than 41, which means we would have been better without Gordon.

and YOU do overrate the C's. they are not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago, yet you still make it seem like they couls win the championship... You keep putting KG up there with the best PF's in the game when he isn't really doing much this year... and I don't even wanna start with Rondo..
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Bulls >>>>>>>>>>>> Raptors without Turkoglu and Bosh. Nuff said.

And yeah Chris...you always talk about how great the Celts are and how Rondo will be the next Jason Kidd....
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:41 pm

a shooter isnt winning you 10 games more..
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 pm

360 wrote:
a shooter isnt winning you 10 games more..

Having a shooter spreads the other teams D. That's something the bulls havent been able to do this year because we don't have a consistent outside shooter.

The bulls are 20-7 this year when they score 100+ points [18-34 when we don't]. In all of those games they shot pretty well from the outside...

You don't think that having a good shooter every game would help a lot? I do.

even keeping salmons would have helped us a lot even though he was streaky with us this year... plus he plays D
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 am

Nenadidas wrote:
dude I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... I've heard like 10 bulls fans overrate the bulls and I LIVE in Chicago. Like I said before... the "fans" you know online might not even be real bulls fans..
You have no idea what im talking about but you got my point?hmm weird..
Quote :
and you saw may bulls fans overrate the bulls? hahahaa
This was metaphorically..stop acting like a kid..rly.

Quote :
and not signing ben gordon WAS a good move. We saved money for this offeseason and he was an undersized 2 guard that didn't play any defense. We won 41 games with Gordon last year and we are close to 41 this year. If we replaced him with another shooter we would have had more than 41, which means we would have been better without Gordon.
Completely disagreed, thats just your opinion..

Quote :
and YOU do overrate the C's. they are not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago, yet you still make it seem like they couls win the championship... You keep putting KG up there with the best PF's in the game when he isn't really doing much this year... and I don't even wanna start with Rondo..
If you have noticed any of my recent posts i never said we can win it, some of my recent "quotes" were like : "hopefully we can do something", "we might see surprizes" and shit like this, how come i overrate them? even in some posts ive said we suck.

When did i said KG is still one of the best?i only said that hes better than Duncan in couple of arguments, thats my opinion just like you have your opinion about Ben.

WOW, i liked this one, "i dont even wanna start with Rondo" dont act like i make him look like KOBE!lmfao..
Even if i overrated him some times it wouldve been because of the senseless arguments and hours of arguments we had, not because i want to, if you ignore what the guy does, his triple-double (just an example) and etc i will ofc exaggerate a bit like you would do like everyone would do.

Just tell me you said it w/o thinking because im starting losing respect towards you.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 am

Eff Ben wrote:
you always talk about how great the Celts are
when?maybe in the start of the season..after the half of the season i wasnt that optimistic anymore..unless you take some of my jokes as true facts
Quote :
and how Rondo will be the next Jason Kidd....
WHAT?im not Darko lol..

It says Chris there..read carefully.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Chris wrote:
and how Rondo will be the next Jason Kidd....
WHAT?im not Darko lol..

It says Chris there..read carefully.[/quote]

lol. that really does sound more like darko Laughing
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
dude I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... I've heard like 10 bulls fans overrate the bulls and I LIVE in Chicago. Like I said before... the "fans" you know online might not even be real bulls fans..
Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
If you have noticed any of my recent posts i never said we can win it, some of my recent "quotes" were like : "hopefully we can do something", "we might see surprizes" and shit like this, how come i overrate them? even in some posts ive said we suck.

When did i said KG is still one of the best?i only said that hes better than Duncan in couple of arguments, thats my opinion just like you have your opinion about Ben.

WOW, i liked this one, "i dont even wanna start with Rondo" dont act like i make him look like KOBE!lmfao..
Even if i overrated him some times it wouldve been because of the senseless arguments and hours of arguments we had, not because i want to, if you ignore what the guy does, his triple-double (just an example) and etc i will ofc exaggerate a bit like you would do like everyone would do.

Just tell me you said it w/o thinking because im starting losing respect towards you.

-I have no idea what you're talking about when you say you heard "many" bulls fans overrating the bulls.. as in thats bullshit because I live in chicago and I dont even hear a lot of people overrating the bulls.

- Disagree that it was a good idea to NOT bring back Gordon? So you think spending 10 million dollars on gordon and giving up a chance to get Wade, boozer, amare, bosh, or maybe even lebron is worth it? if you think that then you're just an idiot... seriously.

- I don't look at everything you post dude... got more important things to do... from what ive seen in the past, you overrated them.

- "Just tell me you said it w/o thinking because im starting losing respect towards you"

do you honestly think I care if you respect me or not? You can have no respect for me AT ALL and wont give a shit... idk you.. so i honestly dont care
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

-I have no idea what you're talking about when you say you heard "many" bulls fans overrating the bulls.. as in thats bullshit because I live in chicago and I dont even hear a lot of people overrating the bulls.

- Disagree that it was a good idea to NOT bring back Gordon? So you think spending 10 million dollars on gordon and giving up a chance to get Wade, boozer, amare, bosh, or maybe even lebron is worth it? if you think that then you're just an idiot... seriously.

- I don't look at everything you post dude... got more important things to do... from what ive seen in the past, you overrated them.

- "Just tell me you said it w/o thinking because im starting losing respect towards you"

do you honestly think I care if you respect me or not? You can have no respect for me AT ALL and wont give a shit... idk you.. so i honestly dont care
Ofc you dont hear people overrating them at this point of the season, but at the start they were.

And if they dont get any?you will prolly start bullshiting again for something else that time with your smartass attitude and say blah blah..so easy in words, lol, so tired of those arguments.

You dont look what i post but you know im overrating them?hmm nice
Or even better i overrate them because i was saying that they are good or can win the championship at the past when they had 1st seed.hmm

No i didnt think you would care, respect isn't something important at all, isn't it?nah
So happy that every person is way different.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

no.. they werent overrating them before the season... you know how I know? CAUSE I FUCKIN LIVE IN CHICAGO AND ALL THE CHICAGO SPORTS REPORTERS WERE ALREADY SAYING HOW BAD THE SEASON MIGHT GO.
was that big enough for you to see and understand? Just because some "bulls fans" on the internet overrate the bulls doesnt mean a lot of us do.

If the bulls dont get any big name free agent.. ill be pissed at the GM... and ill say that we're gonna suck...

im not even kidding... you're just saying some random shit right now...

and you telling me you dont respect me is like telling me you like pizza.. its not important. esp. if I dont know you
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
no.. they werent overrating them before the season... you know how I know? CAUSE I FUCKIN LIVE IN CHICAGO AND ALL THE CHICAGO SPORTS REPORTERS WERE ALREADY SAYING HOW BAD THE SEASON MIGHT GO.
was that big enough for you to see and understand? Just because some "bulls fans" on the internet overrate the bulls doesnt mean a lot of us do.

If the bulls dont get any big name free agent.. ill be pissed at the GM... and ill say that we're gonna suck...

im not even kidding... you're just saying some random shit right now...

and you telling me you dont respect me is like telling me you like pizza.. its not important. esp. if I dont know you
I wasn't neccessery to putt it on that size, i get where are you comming from but it seems you dont get where im i.
I only say what feelings i got and CHICAGO FANS ON THE INTERNET WERE OVERRATING THEIR TEAM.
If they didnt in Chicago i cant know, holly shit.
And im not the one replying this one.

Not gonna take it too far.

Whos joking?Whats wrong with my points?
You dont read my posts but you know i overrate them?
And i overrate them in the past, those are some argument only for laugh.

Enough about the not importand respect.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm

yeah.. and how manyt imes did I say that bulls fans over the net are probably ot real fans? they might be fans.. but not die hard... they're just fans that shit talk and try making "their team" look better....

if you actually knew a lot of real bulls fans.. you wouldnt have even brought this up. Do you see me saying that a lot of celtic fans are overrating the celtics? no... why? I only know like 5

who's joking? scratch

"im not even kidding" means "im being serious"

Chicago Bulls Report Card 5529
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls Report Card   Chicago Bulls Report Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next