Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card Empty
PostSubject: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Preseason expectations: Win the Eastern Conference, Win homecourt advantage for the entire NBA Playoffs, Win the NBA Finals, convince LeBron to be a Cav next year after the playoffs

Overall based on preseason expectations: C

General: This is a slow paced offensive team that likes to have teams play slower than they’d like to, and most teams they play don’t get easy shots either.

Key to their success: Obviously, LeBron is their man, the scoring point guard of the 2000’s who is in a power forward/center’s body. But LeBron is only one man. They have Mo, They have Antawn, they have Shaq, they have Z, and any of these guys can drop 20, 30 or more any night with LeBron dishing them the rock. The Cavs are one of the top 3 point shooting teams in the league, averaging over 7 a game and 38% of their attempts are good. Though the Cavs shoot well under 80 times a game, they average over 100 points a game, and are in the upper half in assists made per contest. The Cavs are also averaging 49% shooting in general, third best in the NBA.

On D, the Cavs are one of the top teams in FG%age D, 3P%age D, and they outreboung their opponents by 4 on average a game. Their defense allows them to outscore opponents by 7 ppg, more than any other team except Orlando, and this is a team that plays SLOW BALL. When you are doing this on both ends of the floor, you're gonna have one of the best teams in the league.

Bad Points: Can’t find any bad points really except the Cavs getting cocky, like not playing LeBron in meaningless games. They’re not perfect, but they don’t have any horrible weakness on the court

LeBron money available: 22 to 44 million comes off the books next year, mostly from Shaq’s expiring deal. LeBron has a player option he can pick up next year for 17 million, but expect him not to exercise it. This category is LeBron money for a reason. Also, expect the King to be back in Cleveland after he plays the Bachelor, an NBA free agent reality TV show series. And he won’t take as much dough as we’d expect.

How far can CLE go: They are the #1 NBA team right now. They are winning the Championship unless LeBron gets injured or another team just starts playing lights out. There are some candidates who can do it, but it won’t be easy for them to do it in a best of seven series.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

it should be higher than a C..

I mean they have the best record in the NBA and their offense has improved since last season. They also made a few moves that made them better this year.. like adding Jamison, parker and shaq..

So far they're meeting expectations... as of now they wanted to have homecourt locked up and thats what they did... so if you're grading based on expectations... shouldnt it be higher than a C?

if you did it after the postseason and they didnt even win the title.. than it should be an F.. but right now it should be an A
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:30 pm

I see the point why Cleveland should deserve an A, but to me, and the perception I get from most Cavs fans, this is THE YEAR for a championship, and anything less than than is unacceptable. I don't think they should get an F right now because obviously, the year isn't over, and if I used just a standard criterion for every team, Cavs get an A of course, but considering the uncertainty of a title right now, but also considering that they have performed well, even before Antawn Jamison and Shaq came, a C is appropriate to me. They are meeting the benchmark right now, but the final grade should be better at the end if they win the championship by dominating the western team and LeBron remains a Cav
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 pm

yeah I get all of that.. but if they don't win a championship.. the season was a failure and they would likely lose LeBron.. and thats because they are expected to win it this year.. if they were expected to just reach the ECF.. then they wouldn't get an F imo.. but they need to win it if they want an A
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 pm

True, Cavs don't get an A until they have that golden rod shaped like the edge of a hoop and net with a basketball on top
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm

How Do you give cleveland a C? There preseason expectations were not to win 65 games. You have no choice but to give them an A-...A+ when they win the chip.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Dont fuck with chuck wrote:
How Do you give cleveland a C? There preseason expectations were not to win 65 games. You have no choice but to give them an A-...A+ when they win the chip.

After LeBron or Antawn holds up that Finals trophy, they will get a better grade. the C is incomplete, I'll admit that.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

I like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card   Cleveland Cavaliers Report Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1