Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home

Go down 
+8
Chosen One
wallshingtonwizard
Fox News
Janet
EM:)
Nick C
Straight Edge Bluntness
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:29 am

First topic message reminder :

A great win for the Spurs tonight.

Dirk scored 35 points and Terry added 17 points; yet, the Mavs still lose. I should add though that Butler only scored a lousy 2 points.

Anyhooo, TD scores 25 points (11-18) and Parker chipped in with 23 points as well. Gino and Hill were alright as well.

Wow, an intense game though cause it kinda went back in forth...Spurs led in the first half and then the Mavericks briefly capture the lead in the 2nd half...but Spurs were able to pull out another victory.

So happy to see my Spurs leading in this series so far...I hope they can win the next game...thoughts guys?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 pm

This series has had a lot of weird momentum turns. Dallas was up 14 or so in the 2nd half and SA turned that around and won the game. Now Dallas was down as much as what 21 and put the defecit to within as close as 2. This series is intense.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 pm

TonyEM: 4eva Voice of NY wrote:
This series has had a lot of weird momentum turns. Dallas was up 14 or so in the 2nd half and SA turned that around and won the game. Now Dallas was down as much as what 21 and put the defecit to within as close as 2. This series is intense.

It smells like maverick musk and not a lady..

I'm on a horse!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Tooooo intense if you ask me!!!!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:

Yeppers McDyess homie Smile
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeppers McDyess homie Smile

McDyess and Hill Smile
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Yep Hill had a crazy floater type jumper on the side that was sick. Parker has made some timely buckets in this entire series as well. Most All-Star PG's around the league would bitch and moan if they ever were taken out of the starting lineup. But, Parker doesn't he understands that he still is a starter just playing the 6 Man role.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 pm

True that Tony.

I am glad to see that he is accepting his role coming off the bench.

Go Spurs GO!!!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Damn it homie it's as if this series does not want to end. WTH everytime it looks like SA gets the space room they want Dirk or Butler make the plays to still keep the game in reach. Way too intense for my liking hahahhaha. C'mon Spurs
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Damn it homie it's as if this series does not want to end. WTH everytime it looks like SA gets the space room they want Dirk or Butler make the plays to still keep the game in reach. Way too intense for my liking hahahhaha. C'mon Spurs

I KNOW!!!!!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:36 pm

YES!! I hate both SA and Dallas but I especially hate Dallas more. SA is boring to watch, but at least their guys are classy...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Why do you hate both teams? lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 pm

HS Manu Wow that shot was Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 126814
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:38 pm

HS Manu Wow that shot was Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 126814

Manu is clutch tonight! Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 511544
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:39 pm

mental toughness. *cough*dirkdallas*cough*

1 turnover in the fourth quarter, and its on the possession where their last hopes were on the line

Last edited by Dub C on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I love SA and Dallas

1. NY KNICKS
2. SA -and- UTAH
3. PHX -and-DALLAS
4. ATL

BTW again @ Manu the Beast Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 126814 {The nose does indeed triumph}

And again Dirk Nowitzki had another great shwoing say what you want about him but he hit big shots in this game down the stretch to keep them in it. Some difficult and hard shots. If it wasn't for him the team would have been down 9. What about Kidd being careless and making a lot of mental errors and leading bad possessions or Butler getting swatted and missing layups? And Dirk he's a very classy guy. Hopefully, Cuban sees the need for Dirk to go out and soil his oats elsewhere so he can be the franchise player of a team better suited for a ring. Dallas unfortunately brings a losing mentality to the table.

Last edited by TonyEM: 4eva Voice of NY on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 pm

YAY!

Spurs win series! cheers

Phoenix may very well be our next opponent though. :eww:
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 pm

SA - They've won too much, other teams deserve to win more, SA had it's time. Also boring to watch them now. Only excetion is George Hill.

Dallas - Just a bunch of overpaid assholes. Only one I like is Kidd cause he's local and just a beast PG overall. Plus they're from Dallas and anything Dallas is hated in SF.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Go Spurs Go!!!!

I <3 SA. Year in and out they approach the game how it should be played, the right way. And people who knock them be crazy. They aren't boring at all and I always loved the defensive tenacity they brought to the table. Now they have been restructured as a offensive team that averages a little over 101 a night but still in the half-court set. Damn I love SA every NBA franchise in the NBA should emulate them.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Eff Ben wrote:

SA - They've won too much, other teams deserve to win more, SA had it's time. Also boring to watch them now. Only excetion is George Hill.

Dallas - Just a bunch of overpaid assholes. Only one I like is Kidd cause he's local and just a beast PG overall. Plus they're from Dallas and anything Dallas is hated in SF.

You a Niners fan? I hate the Cowboys too. Giants fan says, "America's team my Aunt fanny."
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 pm

I love SA and Dallas

1. NY KNICKS
2. SA -and- UTAH
3. PHX -and-DALLAS
4. ATL

BTW again @ Manu the Beast Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 126814 {The nose does indeed triumph}

And again Dirk Nowitzki had another great shwoing say what you want about him but he hit big shots in this game down the stretch to keep them in it. Some difficult and hard shots. And he's a very classy guy. Hopefully, Cuban sees the need for Dirk to go out and soil his oats elsewhere so he can be the franchise player of a team better suited for a ring. Dallas unfortunately brings a losing mentality to the table.

shots that keep teams in it are not shots that win games. in a do or die game, you cannot allow your team to get down big early. dirk allowed that to happen, and when you're down that much, there just isn't enough that you can do to make it up. it's incredible how you think that cuban and nowitzki's teammates are the problem. dirk is a very productive offensive player, but he doesn't demand that the ball go through him in clutch situations. there were possessions down the stretch where he didn't touch the ball (nearly half of them). it has to get into his hands everytime, whether he takes the shot or not. another thing that dirk does not do is draw double teams to help his teammates. he takes primarily step back jumpers, and while that shot is extremely effective for him, it doesn't ever require a double team to defend. you put a hand in his face and if he makes it, he makes it.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Go Spurs Go!!!!

I <3 SA. Year in and out they approach the game how it should be played, the right way. And people who knock them be crazy. They aren't boring at all and I always loved the defensive tenacity they brought to the table. Now they have been restructured as a offensive team that averages a little over 101 a night but still in the half-court set. Damn I love SA every NBA franchise in the NBA should emulate them.

Amen. Well said homeskillet. Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 175307
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Eff Ben wrote:

You a Niners fan? I hate the Cowboys too. Giants fan says, "America's team my Aunt fanny."

Yes, I'm a Niners fan. We hate the Cowgirls more than anyone. At least they had to be tortured by TO after we were.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm

I love the Suns as well, but Go! SA!

Another great rival. I would not call it a rivalry if it were not for the heated exchanges between the 2 teams where Amar'e has flat-out called SA dirty and Nash and Horry's epic clash. Cause PHX has never beaten the Spurs in a series and that includes earlier on in the millenium when TD missed 2 key FT's after Amar'e banked in a 3 and that clown Starbury hit the only playoff game winner of his life that resulted in PHX taking Game 1. SA won the other 4. Some real intense series between the both of them. If SA wins this series like practically always I would root for yet another ring. But, if PHX does win this series I will go with the Suns cause Steve Nash is godly, Grant Hill is the man, and Dudley/Frye are BAMF.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Well the only good part about Dallas losing is that I'm from DC and I like to see Dallas lose!

But I did want the Mavs this season to "MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOISEE!" and they failed.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 pm

My traditional favorite West team is the Spurs because of the beast named David Robinson, so I want a Spurs-Cavs Finals, with the Spurs sweeping them out of the building.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home   Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs up 2-1 in series after win at home
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next