Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?

Go down 
+3
Snow.
Nick C
No Longer DEAD
7 posters

Should teams bomb the rest of their games or actually try to win them?
Bomb
Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_lcap71%Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Win
Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_lcap0%Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
SHUT UP KHAI, YOUR RETARDED
Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_lcap29%Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Empty
PostSubject: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Yeah, yeah, don't give me all that injury crap. That isn't a good reason. There's a .00003 chance that a player gets injured in the last 5-6 games. I just don't get it.

Look at the Jazz for example. They lost to the Rockets last night, and went from the 2 seed to the 5 seed. Had they bombed the rest of their games by resting Williams and Boozer, they could have fallen all the way down to the 8th seed (like they did last year). I understand the benefits of having a healthy star player; but really, why the hell would you choose not risking the injury of your best player over getting a good playoff spot so you can have an easier path to the ring?

This came up when I saw LA being dumbasses and resting Kobe while Denver, a legitimate threat to maybe become the 1 seed, plays with Carmelo and Chauncey! I just don't get it.

...like when a girl refuses to make me a sandwhich. I just don't get it!

Last edited by Eff Ben on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm

It's "YOU'RE" retarded Khai.

J/K

Cavs have the best record and feel like sitting him. For teams that are still in the hunt or are playing for a higher seed they usually don't sit their star players. If a team has no chance at the playoffs then they like to get guys out on the floor who are young or underplayed while sitting their star player. No need for a chance of injury this late into the season.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 pm

That's the Cavs. They've locked up the top spot, so it makes sense. I'm talking about the LA-Denver matchup tonight and how LA is resting Kobe while Denver is playing Carmelo and Chauncey.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Wow. I am retarded. I just asked a question without a yes or no answer, yet still put it in. Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? 902265
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

The report is that kobe has "severe swelling of the knee".

Kobe is many things, but he doesn't skip games. He wouldn't miss this game if he could play. Lakers don't have that big of a lead on the rest of the Western Conference.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 am

Uhhh. Phil Jackson said Kobe was fine, and he just needed rest, so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 am

maybe its cause the lakers bench have been playing god-awful and they want to give them more time to get back into championship status. kobes been playing good, and hes got sore "ailing" legs... nba players do get sore dont they? Razz

oh yeh also... lakers are on 55 wins and got 4 or so more games left, the nuggets are on 51 wins and have 4 more games to go i dont see the lakers losing the last 4 and letting the nuggets take 1st place if they win all 4 (that is possible though)
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:59 am

I heard he was resting Kobe as well (just what I heard; not reporting this as truth); if that is the case, I am not sure if its a good idea. Nonetheless, the Lakers have a nice lead over the Nuggets atm. Let's see what happens since there is plenty of time left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:15 am

yes it is a ggod idea
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 am

They usually rest their players if they secured spots,in the West,if you don't have a secured spot,don't let the players to miss the games or you will go easily down...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 am

To have fresher legs and the 0.3% chansce is still a chance
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 am

Eff Ben wrote:
Uhhh. Phil Jackson said Kobe was fine, and he just needed rest, so I dunno.

Lakers trainers said he ha severe swelling of 1 knee.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Boston should win! idc about others..
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm

LOL Boston has no chance. Way too old. Ray Ray is the only one who's got some skill left. I predict a 2nd round exit like last year...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:37 pm

:upset:
Be ready to see surprizes ma' friend.

Anyways, what has this thread 2 do with the playoffs, we talking about bomb or win here.. Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? 207638
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 am

Good avatar Chris...but Celtics aren't winning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?   Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why in the world do NBA teams rest their best player during the last games of the season?
Page 1 of 1