Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential

Go down 
+2
cbi
King Of NJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential Empty
PostSubject: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:33 pm

The NCAA Tournament is a big time for Scouts. Players help and hurt their stock all the time during the tournament

as an example Derrick Rose was projected to be around like the 8th pick before the NCAA Tournament and ended up being the #1 Draft Pick after exploding throughout the 2008 NCAA Tournament and leading Memphis to the National Championship Game

another example Luke Harangody this year score 4pts and made only 2 meaningless FGs killing his Draft Stock

This year some players I see that may have some potential are Butler's 6 foot 9 Foward Gordon Hayward. He's fundamentally sound, a great shooter, that possesses good ball handling and passing abilities. He has 1st Round type potential

Another player is Jordan Crawford. He has the ability to take over the game and light it up at anytime. Great ballhanding skills, quick feet, and has shown the ability to light it up from long range. He's been #1 most impressive. Also great athleticism and game IQ.

I would be happy if the Bulls drafted Jordan Crawford whatever year he decides to come out for example. I'd love to see him stay though since he's a treat to watch
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 am

Nolan Smith Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential 372102
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

Yep Nolan Smith would make a great waterboy just like 80 percent of Dookies in da league
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:01 am

I heard the story of Nolan Smith and about how his father died this year its a pretty sad story. I still hate Duke but wish Smith the best, and he is playing with alot of heart
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 am

Just so you know, Rose was the projected #1 pick long before he even committed to Memphis, lol. Nbadraft.net had him there for well over a year before.

I think the obvious answer is Gordon Hayward, who is without a doubt a 1st rounder now after his performance.

Then Omar Samhan moved up into the draft when nobody thought he would get taken before the very end of the 2nd round before.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Hayward did raise his NBA stock but I don't think it's worth it for him to go pro when he at best will be drafted by the Wizards at #30. Butler killed his stock with his injury, more likely than not. Maybe Wittman of Cornell may be a dark horse NBA player.

I think Nolan Smith and Singler have risen their stock too, but I expect both to be Dukies next year. Greivis probably kept his stock the same.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Jordan Crawford just declared for the Draft

he's going to make a really good NBA player I believe. Will be a great pickup at SG for any team

His moves are sick and he's got a ton of range as he showed during the NCAA Tournament
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm

None.

I remember hearing the announcers proclaiming the title game as one of the best ever.

I totally disagree. The people that will make the biggest impact I alredy knew about.

But as far as NBA potential no one stood out after the elite eight.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Agree about Hayward and Samhan. Already knew about Crawford thanks to his dunk on LeBron. Razz Also like to throw in Butler's Shelvin Mack; thought he was excellent for a sophomore. Oh, and he's a relatively high-profile guy, but I wasn't very impressed with his play or athleticism before; however, after watching the tourney I think Kyle Singler has a solid NBA future ahead of him. Devin Ebanks on WVU also had some really nice moments. And Ekpe Udoh on Baylor.

On a side note (he doesn't have NBA potential IMO) I was surprised at Zoubek's play. I had heard of the guy, but as a wash-out. In the tournament I thought he was generally Duke's biggest X-factor.

Last edited by UCLAguystukinNC on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

After the Elite 8 there wasn't any really great NBA talent that you hadn't seen before

Gordon Hayward is the closest on the radar that nobody talked about after their run

Throughout the tournament Omar Samhan and Jordan Crawford became best known to me. I'd love to draft Jordan Crawford.

Baylor's roster had some sick talent though with Udoh and Dunn. They got hosed a little bit in the Elite 8 if you ask me too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential   Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential Empty

Back to top Go down

Who from this NCAA Tournament that you didn't hear much about has impressed you as far as NBA potential
Page 1 of 1