Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion

Go down 
+4
3-peat
Tar Heel
brownie13
King Of NJ
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion Empty
PostSubject: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 pm

1-9 Wake Forest.vs.8 Texas(2 talented and underachieving teams)
2-10 Florida.vs.7 BYU(Gators back for the 1st time since winning it all in 2007)
3-9 Northern Iowa.vs.8 UNLV
4-10 Georgia Tech.vs.7 Oklahoma State(2004 Final Four rematch as well)
5-11 Washington.vs.6 Marquette
6-10 Missouri.vs.7 Clemson
7-12 Cornell.vs.5 Temple
8-9 Louisville.vs.8 California
9-13 Siena.vs.4 Purdue
10-11 Minnesota.vs.6 Xavier

HM-9 Florida State.vs.8 Gonzaga

best potential 2nd round matchups

1-5 Michigan State.vs.4 Maryland
2-8 Gonzaga.vs.1 Syracuse
3-9 Louisville.vs.1 Duke
4-6 Tennessee.vs.3 Georgetown
5-6 Xavier.vs.3 Pittsburgh

HM-5 Butler.vs.4 Vanderbilt
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm

which matchup or matchups do you guys like best
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 pm

SDSU over Tennessee in the first round Cool
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Oooooooooooh...I almost picked SDSU to win that, but I just couldn't...I dunno.

I'm looking forward to Texas-Wake, because I think either one of them have a good shot at upsetting Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm

☆®¥ån☆ wrote:
SDSU over Tennessee in the first round Cool

I got that as an upset pick too, smart man

I just put Tennessee.vs.GTown would be an interesting potential 2nd round matchup but in the end we don't get to see it after a Aztec upset I believe
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 pm

#1 seeds are going to have their hands full in the 2nd round

Louisville has the tools to upset Duke

Florida State or Gonzaga is dangerous for Syracuse

Northern Iowa or UNLV can cause damage and Kansas may have their hands full

Wake and Texas are talented so Kentucky can't sleep. But I think Kentucky has the easiest road to the Sweet 16 out of the 4
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:02 pm

yeah i agree about kentucky. they have an easy road in comparison
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Texas.vs.Kentucky would be a game in which each team was #1 at points this season

Texas has fallen far and beyond off from where they were at the time they were #1 though
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm

woooo Let's go Marquetee!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:10 pm

ρнαηтσм wrote:

I think the Golden Eagles get to the Sweet 16 for the 1st time since they had DWade

Marquette.vs.West Virginia in an all Big East matchup in the Sweet 16
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:11 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
ρнαηтσм wrote:

I think the Golden Eagles get to the Sweet 16 for the 1st time since they had DWade

Marquette.vs.West Virginia in an all Big East matchup in the Sweet 16

Agreed lol. Do you tink Syracuse makes it to the Final 4? I think they can make it to the championship
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Kanas>Kentucky>Syracuse>whoever
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

I got Syracuse.vs.Villanova in the title game

I'm reconsidering and thinking of picking Kansas but in order to win the pool you can usually never go with the popular pick. I picked UNC last year just because they're my team and they were the clear best. There's no clear best right now

Syracuse will definately make the Final Four. After the 2nd Round they don't have any teams that can really beat them. I think Xavier makes the Elite 8 as a 6 seed in a surprise
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm

lol I think it goes Kansas>Syracuse>Kentucky>Villanova maybe.

I haven't checked the brackets yet, I'm guessing Syracuse has to go through Kansas to get to the Title game?
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Syracuse.vs.Kansas would meet in a semifinal in the Final Four

in Syracuse's bracket top 12 seeds are

2.Kansas State
3.Pittsburgh
4.Vanderbilt
5.Butler
6.Xavier
7.BYU
8.Gonzaga
9.Florida State
10.Florida
11.Minnesota
12.UTEP
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 pm

lol, Yikes, some of those teams are a bit of a competition.

I would also like it for Gonzaga to make it far as possible.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 pm

I was going to have Kansas-Syracuse, but I figured I'd have a little fun and put Duke in the title game. But a Kansas-Syracuse game would rock. Rematch of the 2003 nail-biter... The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion 126814
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Damnn that'd be nice, Duke vs Kentucky. I don't like neither though lol
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:25 pm

UCLAguystukinNC wrote:
I was going to have Kansas-Syracuse, but I figured I'd have a little fun and put Duke in the title game. But a Kansas-Syracuse game would rock. Rematch of the 2003 nail-biter... The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion 126814

I'm not sold on Duke and this isn't based on bias. I got to admit they have one nice team together this year but I still don't think they make the Final 4.

They're still too soft inside and they haven't beaten any team this season with Final Four potential and any team with a great inside game can beat Duke. Georgetown, and even Georgia Tech(in the 1st meeting), and NC State exposed Duke's weakness when you can pound they ball downlow you can take the game. And I didn't see the explosiveness from Duke to put teams away.

Virginia,Miami,and Georgia Tech all came close to knocking them off in the ACC tournament and Duke let them right back in the game
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

UCLAguystukinNC wrote:

I think Villanova.vs.Syracuse is a great potential National title game between 2 rival schools.

Kansas.vs.Kentucky I think the Jayhawks would win rather easily. If Kansas gets to the Final there's no way the experience of that team would let a youthful team no matter what the talent level beat them
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
UCLAguystukinNC wrote:

I'm not sold on Duke and this isn't based on bias. I got to admit they have one nice team together this year but I still don't think they make the Final 4.

They're still too soft inside and they haven't beaten any team this season with Final Four potential and any team with a great inside game can beat Duke. Georgetown, and even Georgia Tech(in the 1st meeting), and NC State exposed Duke's weakness when you can pound they ball downlow you can take the game. And I didn't see the explosiveness from Duke to put teams away.

Virginia,Miami,and Georgia Tech all came close to knocking them off in the ACC tournament and Duke let them right back in the game

Yeah. I don't think they're as good a team as Syracuse or Kansas, I just think that they're getting hot/peaking at the right time. Both Plumlees and Zoubek look quite different from the beginning of the season, Scheyer is excellent and Singler will want to quell scouts' doubts. And of course, there's Coach K. I doubt it, but if I was picking a bracket based solely on who I think would win, it wouldn't be as fun.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:56 pm

UCLAguystukinNC wrote:
King Of NJ wrote:
UCLAguystukinNC wrote:

Yeah. I don't think they're as good a team as Syracuse or Kansas, I just think that they're getting hot/peaking at the right time. Both Plumlees and Zoubek look quite different from the beginning of the season, Scheyer is excellent and Singler will want to quell scouts' doubts. And of course, there's Coach K. I doubt it, but if I was picking a bracket based solely on who I think would win, it wouldn't be as fun.

you're right about that. I usually pick alot of upsets in my bracket because I love the cinderellas too.

It does make it fun when you pick certain ways
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 pm

i don't really have a favorite for a cinderella this season :/

i kinda hate the bracket
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 pm

☆®¥ån☆ wrote:
i don't really have a favorite for a cinderella this season :/

i kinda hate the bracket

same with me a little. It wasn't set up for cinderella runs it seems. Last year there weren't many 2nd round surprises after a 1st round of upsets

This year I think there are bound to be some. It flip flops like this every year and the great thing about the tournament is there are tons of surprises
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 am

Richmond - Villanova will be a scary match to see too. I have the Spiders in the Elite Eight, with ODU getting to the Sweet 16.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion   The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

The 10 best 1st Round NCAA Tournament matchups and 5 best potential 2nd round matchups in my opinion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next