Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E

Go down 
+11
3-peat
brownie13
Nick C
BNB
wallshingtonwizard
Chosen One
Koolish
Straight Edge Bluntness
YS
Fox News
Awesome
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I don't care that they're beating the BOBCATS, they are old and broken down. Lets see if Ainge can use his old poker winnings and land 2 more all stars via trades.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood

AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:50 am

I think the Hawks can make it to the ECF. I want them to win the East. JC all day e're day. But, not having a legit C will hold them back a bit. They need to play strong.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 am

PG:Bibby/Crawford
SG:Joe Johnson
SF:Josh smith
PF:Al Horford
C:Marcus Camby

If they traded for camby... they could have had a chance. At least he's a true C.

even Sam. Dalembert could have given them a shot
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 am

They can still make it, I'd laugh if they upset the magic or the Cavs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 am

True, but right now the best they could do is play above it that they don't have a legit C. They are pretty damn talented though all the way to the brim.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 am

Tony EM: Boondock Saint wrote:
Sexy. wrote:
i don't trust the hawks. sounds mean, but i don't. they have no proven playoff contributors and the only thing they've ever really accomplished in the playoffs is take the 2007-2008 celtics team to 7 games (apparently they match up extremely well against them as they haven't lost to them this season), but it's only a half game lead, and that could easily disappear if the celtics are able to get their shit together. the celtics KNOW this is there last chance to get it done with the trio of allen, pierce, and garnett, and they're going to come out fierce no matter who they face in the playoffs. if they remain healthy, and pierce returns as expected, they are still a great team. just as good as any of the others in the nba. i would not be surprised if we saw them upset both cleveland and orlando in succession to reach the finals. they've upgraded their bench and it's just finally gotten healthy (daniels just returned from an injury that kept him out for over a month). ruling them out doesn't make sense.

Mike Bibby is very playoff proven he's a big time player in the postseason. He gave the Lakers a hell of a lot of trouble in that rivalry and single handedly won series for SAC like Minny.

Thats not the same Mike Bibby.

He's been exposed with his ball handling the last two playoff series for the Hawks.

Bibby is not goona do anything for the Hawks.

That's why they got Crawford.

Last edited by Nick C on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 am

LO aka candyman wrote:
They never really went all out during the reg season. They made a late push at the end of the season and built momentum going into the playoffs, is what he probably means.

winning over 55 games isn't going all out? The spurs won as many as they could win. They just played better after the all-star break... like every other playoff team in the league..
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 am

It's not an upset if they beat the Cavs to me. I think it will be an upset if they beat the Magic. I think Hawks match up well against anyone, but the Magic can give them trouble. If Shaq is dominant if they play Cleveland better hope the rest of the guys in ATL are playing at a high level to rise above the fact they don't have a legit C.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 am

Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:
They never really went all out during the reg season. They made a late push at the end of the season and built momentum going into the playoffs, is what he probably means.

winning over 55 games isn't going all out? The spurs won as many as they could win. They just played better after the all-star break... like every other playoff team in the league..

No they never went all out.. They coasted the reg season. Just like the Lakers are doing right now, their Coasting, to the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 am

Nuggets are gonna lose in the playoffs if they play the Spurs I'm calling it here first. Mark it.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 am

all the hawks have to do when they play the magic is get Howard in foul trouble early and they have a shot..

The hawks > Magic without howard.

it's not that hard to get DH in foul trouble if you drive to the basket early and often
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 am

Still though remember that Philly-Magic series whe Magic finished them off w/o DH12. Gortat played the game of his life. He's a legit C and may be tough to handle. Hawks would still have to execute flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 am

LO aka candyman wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:

No they never went all out.. They coasted the reg season. Just like the Lakers are doing right now, their Coasting, to the playoffs.

if every good team just "coasts to the playoffs" then he should have said "just like every team that has ever won the championship. Suck in the regular season and win championships."

coasting to the playoffs doesn't mean you had a shitty regular season
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 am

Nuggets are gonna lose in the playoffs if they play the Spurs I'm calling it here first. Mark it.

lol Dont be silly. Denver will run over the Spurs. But Idk who is going to meet in the WC Finals.

Should be real interesting.

Adios
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:00 am

Denver is not gonna run over the Spurs at all. Mark my words that's the matchup the Spurs want. If they play Dallas or Utah they're done for. They can take Denver.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am

Nenadidas wrote:
all the hawks have to do when they play the magic is get Howard in foul trouble early and they have a shot..

it's not that hard to get DH in foul trouble if you drive to the basket early and often

They won't call the same weak calls in the playoffs. Even though it's scaled back, they still let 'em get rough in the Playoffs.

Howard will kill in the EC playoffs like he did last year... until he ran into the Lakers.

Besides Shaq coming back a week into the playoffs? Big Z being miffed about being a pawn in the trade for Jamison? I dunno if that center core is going to be effectve against Howard.

Last edited by Nick C on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am

Still though remember that Philly-Magic series whe Magic finished them off w/o DH12. Gortat played the game of his life. He's a legit C and may be tough to handle. Hawks would still have to execute flawlessly.

that philly team isn't even close to the current hawks team though hahaha
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 am

Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:

if every good team just "coasts to the playoffs" then he should have said "just like every team that has ever won the championship. Suck in the regular season and win championships."

Maybe he mis worded? idk. But only Contenders coast in the Reg season, not every good team is a contender.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 am

West:

Lakers v. Blazers (LA in 6)
Mavs v. Thunder (Dal in 5)
Nuggets v. Spurs (SA in 6)
Jazz v. Suns (very close to call winner in 7)
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 am

Yeah, but they had a legit C and Gortat ran over him. Horford could have trouble with a legit 7 footer like Gortat.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 am

Nick C wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:

They won't call the same weak calls in the playoffs. Even though it's scaled back, they still let 'em get rough in the Playoffs.

Howard will kill in the EC playoffs like he did last year... until he ran into the Lakers.

Besides Shaq coming back a week into the playoffs? Big Z being miffed about being a pawn in the trade for Jamison? I dunno if that center core is going to b eeffectve against Howard.

I still think the Magic could take the cavs in a 7 game series.. even with Jamison.

I think the Magic could beat the hawks in 5... but if Smith/Horford go hard to the basket @ howard... he'll get in foul trouble easily cuz he loves going for those blocks.. the magic then become very beatable.

But I still have the cavs/magic in the ECF with the Magic winning in 7
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 am

A lot of those Spurs teams didn't coast.

They still won though.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 am

Nenadidas wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:

Besides Shaq coming back a week into the playoffs? Big Z being miffed about being a pawn in the trade for Jamison? I dunno if that center core is going to b eeffectve against Howard.

I still think the Magic could take the cavs in a 7 game series.. even with Jamison.

I think the Magic could beat the hawks in 5... but if Smith/Horford go hard to the basket @ howard... he'll get in foul trouble easily cuz he loves going for those blocks.. the magic then become very beatable.

But I still have the cavs/magic in the ECF with the Magic winning in 7

Yeah I have the Cavs/Magic too for the ECF.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 am

LO aka candyman wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:
LO aka candyman wrote:

Maybe he mis worded? idk. But only Contenders coast in the Reg season, not every good team is a contender.

I don't think any good team coasts... they're still trying to get the 1st seed in their respective conference.. They may take games off and play a little lazy... but that's not the whole regular season... it's like 10 games
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 am

On another note Brandon Jennings went 2-12 tonight and yet again his team still wins. Milwaukee role players > BJ (rookie).
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 am

Nick C wrote:
A lot of those Spurs teams didn't coast.

They still won though.

i know.. that's what I was trying to say hahahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E   The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Celtics are 100% say it with me D-O-N-E
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next