Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics

Go down 
+16
Koolish
Fox News
EM:)
3-peat
YS
cbi
Darko
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Saeed
Snow.
Chosen One
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
BNB
Chris
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics Empty
PostSubject: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:12 pm

This is the thread ill celebrate after every win vs Orlando Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics 260452

Now rly.

Thoughs about the series?

Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics 951727
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:18 pm

it was a good series last year without KG, so I expect it to be another good series.

but it's hard for me to think that the Celtics will win more than 2.. The Magic just have way too many scorers and dominant players. So do the Celtics.. but the magic just have the matchup advatage imo.

Howard >>> Perkins. Dont need to explain anything here.

KG is better than Lewis.. but lewis is a threat everywhere on the court. He'll make KG move away from the basket and make him run.. If Lewis is hot, he can burn KG.. but Lewis can't play D on KG either.

Pierce is obviusly a better player than Barnes.. but Barnes is a good defender. The Magic don't need Barnes to score.. so they'll make sure Barnes doesn't let Pierce get anything easy..

Carter and Allen are the same thing to me right now.. both old SG's who get hot and cold

Rondo >> Nelson..

Bench.. i have to give it to the magic... but it's close.

Magic in 6
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:55 pm

I say C's in 6, if C's can win Cavs then i dont see why they cant Orlando.

Orlando doesnt have Lebron, they have Dwight and we have the player who Dwight always struggles against aka Perk.

Rondo is quicker, stronger, BETTER than Nelson and can lockdown like no other PG in this league.

Pierce will be back to his normal now, he doesnt have to guard Lebron and get guarded by Lebron, Matt even if his a good defender he doesnt have the size Lebron has, Pierce will score much on Matt imo.

Ray, Vince, thats a controversial match up, i dont know who will get the better of who but it will be a nice match up to watch.

And then KG, he will be our MVP in the conference finals imo(if we win), hes the key to the win, Lewis will have hard time defending him and will have hard time getting open, KG isnt the same KG when Lewis got his last game winner vs C's a couple of months before, KG is back to his normal, healthy and beast form.

Defensive match ups.
Dwight can guard Perk, Lewis cant guard KG, Matt idk, most likely cant guard Pierce, Vince can guard Ray, Nelson can guard Rondo.

Perk (we will see 1st game) Dwight, KG can guard Lewis(if he isnt busy doubling Dwight), Pierce can guard Matt, Ray cant/can guard Vince, Rondo can guard Nelson

Still this is theoritical only, on the court things change.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:58 pm

But Orlando has team mates that are more likely to show up and when they do; good luck stopping them. Especially since the Orlando Magic shooters (which is like the grand majority of the roster) are quite deadly when they feel hot from the field. Though, I would not be surprised if VC or Rashard doesn't show up in this series. It's gonna be an interesting match up nonetheless...
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I think I should stop predictions because 90% I have failed in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Last year in the playoffs, Dwight Howard averaged 15 points, 17 rebounds while shooting over 50% against Perkins. I don't think he's going to struggle that much against Perkins.

but like Jaleesa said, the Magic have players that can step up when one guy has an off night. The Celtics boxed LeBron in and gave him almost nothing.. they can't afford to do that to the Magic because they have a lot more explosive players than the cavs.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:06 pm

The 3pt is something to worry about, but if Perk can play one on one Dwight then there will be no open looks, this is one of the things that will decide the series.

GO PERK!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Kendrick Perkins did an amazing job against Dwight Howard on the defensive end. He guarded him one on one for almost the time he was in the game. He got in foul trouble, but he didn't let Dwight get anything easy, and Superman shot just 3-10 for the game. Rasheed Wallace also did a very good job, by moving his feet with Howard, and forcing turnovers. Overall, the Celtics defense was very good, as they forced Orlando into 18 turnovers and didn't give them any easy shots in the key. While they protected the paint very well, the Magic didn't capitalize from the outside either. They shot just 5-20 from three point range.

What the Magic lacked for a lot of the game, especially in the first half, was offense. The player who provided them the most points in the game also likely cost them the most on the defensive end. Carter wasn't good in isolation situations against Pierce, and struggled to chase around Ray Allen. When the Magic finally closed the gap in the 4th quarter, it was their defense that got them back in the game. They shot just 41 percent for the game, and 24 percent from deep. Both are well below their season average. Worst number offensively was the 10 assists. They had 8 more turnovers than assists in the game. You can't expect to win a basketball game that way.

The Celtics played pretty well for the first 40 minutes of the game, then played into their usual late game funk. Allen and Pierce were enough offense to win them the game, and they held on late. Orlando didn't play well, so we could easily see them come back and win the series, but winning the first game on the road is great for the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:38 pm

YOOHOO!Great win, GO BOSTON!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm

I overestimated Dwight Howard and the Magic Mad

Anyways great win for Boston. Big props goes to Perkins. I knew he was a good defender but he did an unreal job on Howard right after owning Shaq
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm

im sick of the lakers and boston in the finals!
boston have won the most
lakers have been in the most
why cant u greedy people (who just buy all-stars in the offseason or via trade)
let two teams who havent won in the finals yet go at it

i wanna see a Magic Vs Suns finals this year
im soooo sick of kobe, lebron and the celtics! just a bunch
of stacked teams
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:32 pm

LETS GO SUNS Very Happy.....(even though i have a feeling they will get crushed by LA)
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:08 pm

damnit):

cmon dh.
damn, i had a good feeling about this series.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:06 pm

didn't watch the game buuut i heard it was oogly.

however, it was kind of ugly last year too. can't tell who'll win just yet =\
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Kibby wrote:
I think I should stop predictions because 90% I have failed in the playoffs.

who are you rooting for btw?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Chosen One wrote:
LETS GO SUNS Very Happy.....(even though i have a feeling they will get crushed by LA)

Hear, hear man.
I am not sure how the Suns will fare against the Lakers.
We shall see though. bounce
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:54 am

Great road win for the Celtics.They stopped the 3 point shot,limited Howard and got them selves the win
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:53 am

SNOW. wrote:
boston have won the most

of stacked teams
How are u sick?u wasn't even born when there was the Boston - LA era.
This decade Boston have been in the Finals only once, same with Orlando, how are you sick of them going to Finals?

Last edited by Chris on Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:08 am

as of 1st game,

Nelson > Rondo, He did a great job till the 3rd qrt defending him, but in the 4th he was acting way to slow, the other teammated didnt help when he was screened and Nelson had the chance to hit some easy baskets.

Ray > Redick, Nice game by Redick, GREAT game by Ray, i didnt expect Redick to play that good, but the guy got some talent and very high basketball IQ, Ray was just lights out.

Pierce = Vince, Thats a tie imo, Pierce scored many points when guarded by Vince and most of them with iso or posting him, Vince had the 4th qrt thats why its a tie.

KG > Lewis, idk what was wrong but Lewis was just nowhere, i dont get why he took the 3pt with secs left(even though im happy he did). KG did a good job.

PERKINS(sheed,glen) >>> Howard, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:10 am

Chris wrote:
SNOW. wrote:
boston have won the most

of stacked teams
How are u sick?u werent even born when there was the Boston - LA era.
This decade Boston have been in the Finals only once, same with Orlando, how are you sick of them going to Finals?

i didnt say i hate watching them
i said i hate that lakers and boston always get in
id rather see something new
rather than have... 'another series' between the two
i enjoyed the last time they played 2 finals ago
i just want a magic-suns this year
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:26 am

SNOW. wrote:
Chris wrote:
SNOW. wrote:
boston have won the most

of stacked teams
How are u sick?u wasn't even born when there was the Boston - LA era.

i didnt say i hate watching them
i said i hate that lakers and boston always get in
id rather see something new
rather than have... 'another series' between the two
i enjoyed the last time they played 2 finals ago
i just want a magic-suns this year
Yup, i know that you didnt, but i didnt said that you said that.
Im ok with "something new" but sick doesnt make sense, cuz Lakers - C's have been in the finals only once this decade and past 20years+.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Anyone else excited!?!?!?!!?

GO CELTICS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:39 pm

more excited for lottery Smile
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm

when is that?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm

8 pm

On ESPN (I think)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics   Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics Empty

Back to top Go down

Celtics - Orlando, Orlando - Celtics
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next