Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?

Go down 
+14
Nick C
Darko
Raza
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!
Tar Heel
cbi
No Longer DEAD
3-peat
Straight Edge Bluntness
Chosen One
YS
King Of NJ
EM:)
BNB
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? Empty
PostSubject: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 pm

He's getting worse and worse as the season progresses.

November: 22 PPG 42%
December:17 PPG 38%
January: 14 PPG 32%
February: 10 PPG 30%

Luke ridnour is shooting around 47% off the bench and is averaging 11 PPG

The bucks are close to the 8th seed and I think they should move Jennings to the bench

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:22 pm

I've been saying the same thing for quite some time now. Thanks for agreeing with me...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 pm

I knew thios would happen and agreed with Tony EM here.

I knew after the hot 1st month defenses would adapt to him and he'd struggled and that's exactly how it happened
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I've been saying it since he hit 55 points haha.

I didn't think he should have moved to the bench then, but I knew it was a hot streak that was gonna go cold quickly
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Ridnour also runs the offense better the team responds better when Ridnour is on the floor.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Its better to give the franchise player the playing minutes than give it to a scrub who might be gone next year...

The Bucks want to develop him...and its not like they're gonna go deep in the playoffs or anything..
So if they give him playing minutes...it'll help him out...as aweful as he might play...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Id rather develop Jennings that go "the safe way" and play ridnour who isnt even going to be a part of the franchise
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Jennings has more skill than Ridnour that's true. But, the team responds better to Ridnour and he's playing better as of right now. And Ridnour is no scrub. He's a pretty good player.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Jay... they've been giving him the minutes all season... and he's getting worse.
Might as well have him sit on the bench for a little and start him again next season.

he'll still be playing 25 MPG off the bench
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
Jay... they've been giving him the minutes all season... and he's getting worse.
Might as well have him sit on the bench for a little and start him again next season.

he'll still be playing 25 MPG off the bench

I agree with this, see how he responds to it since as a rookie you're going to have to respond to adversity over your career.

his numbers have declined since the start of the season and he's been getting minutes all year as RO said
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow, he is only a rookie; give him a chance.
I think people have too high expectations from him ever since he scored 55 points. Yes, his PPG has declined a bit (ouch) but for a rookie, he isn't doing too bad.
Jennings has potential....so I am with YS/CO that it won't hurt for him to still be a starter cause it is not like the Bucks are going places and it'll give him experience so that he can continue to improve.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

It'd be good for his experience to play him but when you're in the playoff race you do what's best to win and get your team in the playoffs

If they were packing it up and had no chance I'd say keep giving him those minutes. But they're in the playoff race now and have to do what's best to win
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
I think people have too high expectations from him ever since he scored 55 points. Yes, his PPG has declined a bit (ouch) but for a rookie, he isn't doing too bad.
Jennings has potential....so I am with YS/CO that it won't hurt for him to still be a starter cause it is not like the Bucks are going places and it'll give him experience so that he can continue to improve.

Agreed. Jennings will eventually be a better player then Evans, Rose, etc. Luke is a scrub, Jennings is already the franchise player, he will never come off the bench. So co sign with Co/YS/Jaleesa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

When did he do that?!?!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

He does have a lot of potential agreed, but the reason they let go of RJ and Villy is because they wanted to get into the FA mix themselves. Redd's contract coming off the books further allows them to do so. Being a small market franchise they don't have a lot of financial pull over most to allure FA's. But, they are in the playoff hunt and with the chances of a postseason you should start the vet who's actually led a playoff team @ point and who is playing better than Jennings now as well as who the team responds better to. It can reel in interest.

How the hell is Luke Ridnour a scrub? The guy did great with Ray Allen and Shard playing the point. If he was in Boston right now he can put up a similar stat line to Rondo only with less defense and a much better shot.

Last edited by Tony Platano Con Salami on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 pm

take away that crazy good month he had and he would be averaging like 12 PPG shooting 34%

thats HORRIBLE. If the bucks are trying to get to the playoffs, which im sure they are... then they should let Ridnour start the next 20 games or so... Then maybe they'll make the playoffs and Jennings could get some playoff experience.

and jaleesa, you said "he's only a rookie, give him a chance"

50+ games starting isn't giving him a chance?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I dont really care about the bucks tbh.

Cosign w/ nobody.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Kobe wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

Agreed. Jennings will eventually be a better player then Evans, Rose, etc. Luke is a scrub, Jennings is already the franchise player, he will never come off the bench. So co sign with Co/YS/Jaleesa.

are you crazy?!?!

the guy who averaged 5 PPG in the european leage and the guy who has sucked the past 3 months is gonna be better than evans and rose?

Evans is a rookie... he's doing just fine. Rose didn't go through a 3 month slump

only thing Jennings has on rose and evans is a jump shot... which is VERY inconsistent
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Tyreke Evans is the real deal. Reke is 10x the player Jennings is. Sorry!!!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Knicks could have had BJ, but were 1 pick shy of Stephen Curry. To tell you the truth I would have much rather have gotten Curry than Jennings.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
take away that crazy good month he had and he would be averaging like 12 PPG shooting 34%

thats HORRIBLE. If the bucks are trying to get to the playoffs, which im sure they are... then they should let Ridnour start the next 20 games or so... Then maybe they'll make the playoffs and Jennings could get some playoff experience.

and jaleesa, you said "he's only a rookie, give him a chance"

50+ games starting isn't giving him a chance?

When it comes to player development, it doesn't only 50 games to do so...
Some NBA stars are born early and some take time to develop...Jennings may happen to be one of those guys.
and let's be real here, Bucks have no chance if they make the playoffs...so yeah, it won't hurt to have him start and get the practical experience of being a starter...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I think Andrew Bogut is Milwaukee's best player take him out and they would be nowhere near where they are now. He is the team's franchise player. Jennings is his 2.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
Kobe wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

are you crazy?!?!

the guy who averaged 5 PPG in the european leage and the guy who has sucked the past 3 months is gonna be better than evans and rose?

Evans is a rookie... he's doing just fine. Rose didn't go through a 3 month slump

only thing Jennings has on rose and evans is a jump shot... which is VERY inconsistent

Jennings will eventually have a better career then Evans and Rose. He has the most potential and most skills.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 pm

The Gross Liar wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

When did he do that?!?!

LMAO...were you so traumatized by what he did to your Warriors that you repressed the memory? Razz
Back to top Go down
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!
College Baller
College Baller
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!

Female Posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

well now hopefully the running for ROY will be tyreke evans and STEPHEN CURRY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?   Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for Brandon Jennings to go to the bench?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next