Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?

Go down 
+13
Chosen One
Rush
YS
J
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
KD35
Darko
Awesome
Justin
lozan :)
3-peat
King Of NJ
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Soccer is losing popularity and Basketball is gaining.

I think Canada finally came to its senses and see what I see in the fact that soccer is very overrated.No offense to soccer fans and Darko here

As much as people hate Stern he did make the game better international and its now more popular on an international level.

The game has taken off internationally and I think it has a chance to be the World's top sport in 10 years

what do you think
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:59 pm

NIB you present a good point actually

Soccer probably is the most accesible sport to play. American Football can be just as accesible too though if you just have a football, if you play on grass you can still play tackle without pads, and on concrete or blacktop 1 or 2 hand touch. Only problem for football both American and Soccer is you need to have people to play

Basketball is seen as accesible here and all you need is sneakers and a ball and if you're alone you can still shoot around alone.

Baseball is probably the least accesible as you need a bat,gloves,and alot of people to play
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am

Here is the thing why is football more popular sport then basektball

1.It's a game where everyone can join and even tough he isn't that learn he can learn very quicly to become better.The more times he plays it just attracts you more

2.You can play football anyware.On a real court,on a parkings,on the ground..............while basektball requors to play in a inside or outside court.At times the winds just botthers while playing outside

3.It's a game that everyone watch

4.Since MJ retired a lot of people stoped watching basketball.

Sorry if i misspelled some words bad.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:42 am

I almost forgot.Basektball is sport where only the smartest people play.In part of the seconds you have to think a lot,shot the ball,pass the ball,try to get to the FT line,dribble....................in just 24 seconds

Football doesn't require so much thinking
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

Male Posts : 1678

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Darko wrote:
I almost forgot.Basektball is sport where only the smartest people play.In part of the seconds you have to think a lot,shot the ball,pass the ball,try to get to the FT line,dribble....................in just 24 seconds

Yeah, basketball is quite complicated and has more rules compared to other sports. Personally, basketball is #1 for me.

I wouldn't say that about football. Football requires complicated tactics, too, you know.
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

J wrote:
I do. It's evrey nation loves basketball.

I think it's the second most popular sport, and in countries like the Phillipines and China, Basketball is what it is.

So true, man, so true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Soccer isn't overrated, its a great sport... but anyway I do like basketball more than soccer, but soccer is my 2nd favorite.
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Soccer is probably the most famous sport world-wide. But basketball is catching up. I remember when I first came to China, soccer and ping-pong was played more than any sport around, including basketball. You could hardly see people play basketball, after all there were hardly any basketball courts back then. Now days, every block you turn to, there's a basketball court nearby. And I heard that more than 50% percent of the Chinese teenagers say they're NBA fans. Basketball is gaining more and more popularity, and it makes me happy to know that.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:23 pm

мдяќ§мди wrote:
Darko wrote:

Yeah, basketball is quite complicated and has more rules compared to other sports. Personally, basketball is #1 for me.

I wouldn't say that about football. Football requires complicated tactics, too, you know.

Yeah but they don't have 24 seconds for each attack
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm

You don't exactly need 24 seconds, 'cause it hardly lasts that long. Just to be clear, you're talking about American football, right?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:37 pm

мдяќ§мди wrote:
You don't exactly need 24 seconds, 'cause it hardly lasts that long. Just to be clear, you're talking about American football, right?

Nope,the one that play in Europe and South America Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Dang. So the whole time you were talking about soccer, and I was thinking American football Embarassed Whoops...
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 am

It has a chance, since they won China's endorsement of the sport, and if they can get India's attention away from cricket and hockey, field hockey to be exact, that will probably make hoops the world's #1 sport no question.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Basketball has become an international sport one of the fastest growing ones at that because it focuses greatly in urbanized communities. For the most part urban communities have a large concentration of people and those of which live in these high concentration of people areas rather than commute to these areas because of work usually find themselves in situations of poverty. Baketball appeals to the urban youth because all you need is a ball and a hoop. It can be made out of a cardboad box and necessarily one doesn't need all that much money to play basketball.

The same thing goes in rural areas one can play in dirt patches of farmland all the same. With globalization the game has expanded to different parts of the globe quite rapidly. Although, soccer (futbol) has had many years of being the most popular sport in the world because of the history attached to it. It will be difficult for basketball to overthrow it because it is relatively new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3