Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?

Go down 
+13
Chosen One
Rush
YS
J
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
KD35
Darko
Awesome
Justin
lozan :)
3-peat
King Of NJ
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Soccer is losing popularity and Basketball is gaining.

I think Canada finally came to its senses and see what I see in the fact that soccer is very overrated.No offense to soccer fans and Darko here

As much as people hate Stern he did make the game better international and its now more popular on an international level.

The game has taken off internationally and I think it has a chance to be the World's top sport in 10 years

what do you think
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm

have u guys ever heard oe lionel messi?
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm

I dont know much about Soccer to discuss it but Ill root for the USA and Italy in the 2010 World Cup

Im half-Italian so I hope Italy repeats
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Yes,i have hard of Messi.He's awsome

I'm Macedonia,my country hasn't been on a World Cup yet but i will rooy for Italy and Brazil then
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Macedonian********
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Freaking ROFL
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:57 pm

thiery henry is good. I like him
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Yeah but in his prime he was a scoring machine
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 pm

I like the direction basketball is going with international popularity
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't think soccer is overrated but I do like that basketball is getting more recognition.

I would like to see basketball become just as popular as soccer.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 pm

JadeBOSS is Anti-Creeps wrote:
I don't think soccer is overrated but I do like that basketball is getting more recognition.

I would like to see basketball become just as popular as soccer.

Id like to see it become more popular Smile

In the US at least BBall will always be more popular, I think it should surpass it internationally

Soccer will still be a very popular sport though
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:38 pm

I do. It's evrey nation loves basketball.

I think it's the second most popular sport, and in countries like the Phillipines and China, Basketball is what it is.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Get real.....basketball will never pass soccer....

Are you guys out of your fuking mind?
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:02 am

J wrote:
I do. It's evrey nation loves basketball.

I think it's the second most popular sport, and in countries like the Phillipines and China, Basketball is what it is.

Thanks to our Olympic Basketball team and Kobe =], China's interest in Basketball has increased beyond just supporting Yao Ming. I'm grateful for that, not only because of how big their population is, but also the type of people they are. We have fans in Europe, Africa, S. America and of course N. America and this has helped bring great international players into the league.

I would love to see more Asian players, Australian players and Middle Eastern players. Then the title "world champions" would be a little more fitting.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 am

should there be a cross atlantic league in the next 20 years?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 am

Yes WCB thats the whole idea of making the NBA Global
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, basketball should. Soccer is really boring. A bucket can change the whole aspect of the nba game. It is really fun and exciting to see nba games.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

It may be popular enough soon hopefully to make the FIBA Tournament into a World Cup of Basketball
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 pm

All does basketball needs is to be more popular around and then people will start thinking that of course basketball is the best sport on the planet

Peace!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Basketball has a chance but not anytime soon

1.Many of the asain world is in poverty or are just kinda poor. Its cheap to get a ball and kick it in between stuff but to find hoops and make rec centers and all.....

2.Kinda complex compared to soccer.

3.Kinda a dead sport in some regions like middle east i think and india

4.Other than the NBA not many leagues are really marketted well,and not much people watch the olympics compared to say FIBA.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Basketball will and should be #1 Sport!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:06 pm

I think the olympic basketball should be marketed more cause we cant just attract people using the nba in only the americas

Same with FIBA
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:08 pm

The Chosen One wrote:
I think the olympic basketball should be marketed more cause we cant just attract people using the nba in only the americas

Same with FIBA

Great point there,NBA is known internationally but not on that level since MJ retired.The league,FIBA and Olympic Basketball defenitely need more marketing and more sponors
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 pm

If FIBA and USA Olympic basketball gets more sponsoring popularity will go through the roof and it will have a great chance to upend soccer as the #1 sport in the World.

Basketball is a fast pace typed game like Europeans believe and Basketball is already extremely popular in Europe.

If Basketball gains more popularity in South America than they will be good because its already very popular in Asia and Africa.

Stern as much criticism as he recieved has done a great job of globalizing the game, and I think it can beat out Soccer has the #1 sport in the World
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I don't know....b-ball is still a long long way away from even coming close to soccer's popularity...
Back to top Go down
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Basketball can be more famous but it only loses respect due its rules and need of a court to play. Basketball has huge amount of rules compared to football and football fans dont like it (my experience). Plus, it needs a court, basket, 3 point line, free throw line etc to play. Football doesnt require all these things to play.

Hope you understand why football can still dominate basketball. I told everything by my own experience. (sorry for the stupid english lol)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next