Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in

Go down 
+3
Nick C
Fox News
Tar Heel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in Empty
PostSubject: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Delonte West is officially on the market; I really, really hope those rumors about him headed to the Lakers prove false...can't imagine having West, Barnes and Artest on the floor at the same time...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmgX7HQ0mG3ys0MbitX7EsG8vLYF?slug=ap-timberwolves-west

Brook Lopez struggling with mono, replaced by that C that Visa gets hard for:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlcWuxQExfpTPG7ULlYSwUm8vLYF?slug=ap-us-lopezout
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:22 pm

*hard comes on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Nice of Lopez to stay around long enough to give mono to everyone....

Watch. USA will have to get college players represent again... I actually wish they already would do that.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm

wow..USA will get eat by big Sofo and the crew with Javal at C..

@Nick..Nice idea..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Even though in the NBA mcgee isnt that great...in the olympics he'll beast
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 pm

McGee will probably destroy everybody...look at the Redeem Team. They barely shot jumpers. It was all just mess around with layups and dunks and maybe somebody will come close. NBA players are just too athletic for everybody else, and McGee will probably be too athletic for all the other big men
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:04 pm

wow.. I actually don't think the US is gonna do good this summer... maybe a bronze..

We're way too small
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:08 pm

They have McGee and Chandler. Both tall and both are athletic. I personally think they'll do fine. If the U.S. can win bronze, that would be SUPER impressive too (preppy talk FTW). We don't have Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Deron, Carmelo, Bosh, Stoudemire, Bynum, Perkins, Garnett, Pierce...and to still win something? That just proves how dominant the NBA is, with like 10 of our best players not playing (Bynum/Perkins because really there isn't much more big men)
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Also, I doubt the U.S. even cares about FIBA...rape everybody in the Olympics, and then chill for the next 4 years until it comes time to have players like Lebron, Carmelo, Dwight, Durant, Westbrook, Bynum, Bosh, Rose, Rondo etc etc at their prime or pretty close to it to come and rape again.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 pm

other countries have BIG guys.. guys that can push McGee and chandler around.. and odom.

but I can't see anything more than a bronze.

and the fans in the US don't care about FIBA.. but the players do hahaha. I don't think Durant, Rose, Rondo, etc. will be happy with a bronze
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Trust me, European big men will NOT push around McGee and Chandler (ESPECIALLY not Chandler...he's a tough guy). Like really, how many big men that have come from Europe are considered tough in our league? Yao Ming? Andrea Bargnani? Dirk Nowitzki?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Raza wrote:
Also, I doubt the U.S. even cares about FIBA...rape everybody in the Olympics, and then chill for the next 4 years until it comes time to have players like Lebron, Carmelo, Dwight, Durant, Westbrook, Bynum, Bosh, Rose, Rondo etc etc at their prime or pretty close to it to come and rape again.

I don't care about FIBA... I have to admit.

I think the USA should play the pro's for the Olympics and top college dudes for FIBA... or like a combo of college and pros for FIBA. I just generally have no interest who wins it, I just like watching it.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 pm

I might be wrong, but there are a lot of NBA foreign players that aren't going to play FIBA this year as well.

I have to look up who, but for the most part I don't think a good portion of their good player are playing. I'm almost positive that Gasol isn't playing... same with Dirk.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Raza wrote:
Trust me, European big men will NOT push around McGee and Chandler (ESPECIALLY not Chandler...he's a tough guy). Like really, how many big men that have come from Europe are considered tough in our league? Yao Ming? Andrea Bargnani? Dirk Nowitzki?

I've watched basketball overseas before.. [dads european and he pays attention to that stuff] I don't pay attention to names an whatever.. but just because a lot of those guys aren't as talented as guys in the NBA, doesn not mean they're not tough.

the guys u listed are the big men with talent. like offensive talent.. the guys that don't get drafted from around the world can't shoot from the outside and shit.. but they push people around.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Nick C wrote:
I don't care about FIBA... I have to admit.

I think the USA should play the pro's for the Olympics and top college dudes for FIBA... or like a combo of college and pros for FIBA. I just generally have no interest who wins it, I just like watching it.

Lol nobody cares about FIBA... Yeah we have mostly young guys out there playing. Rondo, Durant, Curry, McGee...Besides Billups, our oldest guy is Lamar Odom. The average age is like 24 or 25
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Bear Down wrote:
Raza wrote:

I've watched basketball overseas before.. [dads european and he pays attention to that stuff] I don't pay attention to names an whatever.. but just because a lot of those guys aren't as talented as guys in the NBA, doesn not mean they're not tough.

the guys u listed are the big men with talent. like offensive talent.. the guys that don't get drafted from around the world can't shoot from the outside and shit.. but they push people around.
No they don't I watch European basketball religiously....that "there soft" stigma is definitely true.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Big baby is probably the toughest guy in all of european basketball..and even he is soft haha
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Mindy Harris wrote:
Big baby is probably the toughest guy in all of european basketball..and even he is soft haha

He's European? He came out of LSU...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:13 pm

thats not what visa meant
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Big baby is a center in europe..not glen davis.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 pm

oh, never mind lol
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:22 am

Mindy Harris wrote:
Big baby is a center in europe..not glen davis.
Tell me how McGee or Chandler will defend Big Sofo..I predict 3 fouls per person in the 1st half. Let alone Bourousis..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:23 am

he' a big one hahaha. but I don't like his skill set,tbh. they'll have a tough time with him..but we'll prevail nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:25 am

Bourousis is a softie...we can munch on him!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 am

Yeah, Bourousis is pretty much a non factor on D but his O game is legit..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in   T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Wolves waive West; Lopez drops out from Worlds due to mono-McGee is in
Page 1 of 1