Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?

Go down 
+13
Chosen One
Rush
YS
J
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
KD35
Darko
Awesome
Justin
lozan :)
3-peat
King Of NJ
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? Empty
PostSubject: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Soccer is losing popularity and Basketball is gaining.

I think Canada finally came to its senses and see what I see in the fact that soccer is very overrated.No offense to soccer fans and Darko here

As much as people hate Stern he did make the game better international and its now more popular on an international level.

The game has taken off internationally and I think it has a chance to be the World's top sport in 10 years

what do you think
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Yes i agree it will be The worlds best sport within 10 years

But what does canada coming to its senses have anything to do with this?
what did canada do?
LOOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm

I agree, I mean look at all these international players that are vets or some of these rookies that ocme from diff countries
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Basketball rules
It should totally be the #1 sport
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Justin wrote:
Basketball rules
It should totally be the #1 sport

100% agree
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

The NFL will before The NBA...people around the world won't embrace it because 70% of the game is played by black people, and you know how that works...I think basketball in general will be the worlds number 1 sport, but the NBA itself wont
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 pm

lmao at that black people thing

the NFL in the USA is big but not alot of other countries watch it. I love the NFL though
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

KONJ,you didn't damage me.You see you are talking the truth,i also believ that basketball is the best sport in the world because the smartest people play there and group of guy who play with great chemistry and team spirit win

But NBA needs more popularity.When Jordan was active player the sport was most watched.Football/Soccer losses poularity because of stupid trasnfers of players who are worth like 40-60 milions euros.

NBA is becoming internatiolly more watched and i can cnfoirm that because i'm from Europe.I hope baskletball returns where was and should be

#1 Sport in the World
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

No offense to NFL,tjose baseball fans too i don't like those sports.Only Americans care about that one,the hall world is watching something better
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Baseball is mostly a Latin,Japanese,USA,and now Canadien sport

Football(American Football) is only really popular in the US and it won't get much international recognition

Basketball is being globalized across the globe in every continent and over 100 countries are starting to know the sport.

Soccer/Futbol is hard to keep up with for me. I never found it exciting esp. since its so low scoring and theres too many leagues its hard to keep track
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Soccer is really fun man
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

the only soccer league i ever watched was the english premier league.........
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Well Football/Soccer has 4 Top Leagues,
-La Liga(Spain)
-English Premier League(England)
-Seria A(Italy)
-Bundes Ligue

The most wanted throphey to win is the Champions League Throphey where Milan is dominating but
Real 9 CL T's
Milan 7(we will win more then Real will ever)
Liverpool,Bayern 5

It's exciring at times but this trasnfers with Ronaldo like worthless 96 million euros makes me sick of it
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:47 pm

I love playing soccer.
And some games are so fun to watch.

For example, a team is up 3-0 at the end of the first half. I almost went to sleep thinking that the team up 3-0 won because its hard to score 3 goals in a game yet alone a half. I keep watching and the next thing I know, the score is 3-3 tied and the game goes to penalty kicks. Than the team that was losing comes out with a comback win.

I remember now. I think it was Chelasea vs. Liverpool at the Champions league or something. Amazing game,very exciting, and one of the best comebacks I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:47 pm

lol I can watch soccer but just never found it exciting. The World Cup is the only thing I watch and pay attention too.

Being half Italian I was happy Italy won in 2006

But Ive just never found the gameplay exciting and have always wondered how it was the #1 sport in the world.

Maybe its the tradition or something.

I feel Basketball should be #1 and far surpass it though. Basketball is a much more diverse and intense game to me
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Darko wrote:
Well Football/Soccer has 4 Top Leagues,
-La Liga(Spain)
-English Premier League(England)
-Seria A(Italy)
-Bundes Ligue

The most wanted throphey to win is the Champions League Throphey where Milan is dominating but
Real 9 CL T's
Milan 7(we will win more then Real will ever)
Liverpool,Bayern 5

It's exciring at times but this trasnfers with Ronaldo like worthless 96 million euros makes me sick of it

Ive heard about the incredibly rich soccer contracts and how a team like Manchester United and Barcelona are so disgustingly rich

The only thing I know about Ronaldo is that girls drool over him lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Well,it\s simply because it's more popular and lots of people reniute in 1 place and root for a team.That's why,just an opinion
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo?

He actually is pretty good. I used to watch him play in Man-U.

He once crossed over(with his feet haha) an entire team by himself going across the field and scoring a game winning goal.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 pm

lol all I hear about Ronaldo is girls praising how hot he is haha
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Man-U is filthy rich though!!

The last time I saw them was with Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez,Giggs. Those are the guy I remember.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Nah,Crynardo sucks and is ball hog.Real is dumb to but all the great players because Money don't bye success
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

King Of NJ wrote:

I seen him play too live
even the guys go crazy for him LOOL
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:53 pm

KB24-Ariza- Pretty Boy wrote:
King Of NJ wrote:

I seen him play too live
even the guys go crazy for him LOOL

lol now thats kinda homo haha
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:53 pm

darko that was an amazing moment for him though. crossing over a whole soccer team and scoring the ball haha!!

my fav player is Carlos Tevez right now
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm

haha thats homo

argentina ftw!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?   Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who thinks Basketball has a chance to be and should be the Worlds #1 sport?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next