Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

RBT Members HELP!!!

Go down 
+2
Darko
#1 Rockets Fan
6 posters

Which School
Wunsche High (Good School)
RBT Members HELP!!! Vote_lcap67%RBT Members HELP!!! Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Dekaney High (Bad School)
RBT Members HELP!!! Vote_lcap33%RBT Members HELP!!! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

RBT Members HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 pm

The school year is halfway over where I live and we are talking about schedule changes, classes, and schools for the 2010-11 school year. I go to what most of you "call a "Magnet School". Only it focuses on Careers. I entered this school last year and so far I have not been impressed. I entered the Pre-Medical Studies of the school and we have not studied anything about Medical. I'm a sophomore and I asked a senior are students at this school going to be doing anything and she said not much. What's the point? I have to admit this school is more challenging than my "Home Campus". My old school is only going to be 4 years old next school year.

Last year my old school was majority african american and I have to admit we had fights every day including February 6 (the Day after my B-Day) in which we had 2 food fights and a riot that earn itself brodcast on the news. But the thing is that last year at that school I was in the Top 10% of my class. #81 out of 907 9th graders. In Texas you are guareented to get into any school in the State, including UT which is where I want to go to persue my Pharmacy career.

Which school should I go to?
A school which prepares you for college and most likely won't be in the Top 10% and have to go to a Jr.
College

Or

Go to a school where I'm most likely guareented to be in the Top 10% and get accepted into any school in Texas, but it's really bad.

I'm leaning towards Option 2, but I don't know what I REALLY want to do. The paper I have to sign is due January 22, 2010 and I need to know NOW!

Thanks, and sorry it's so long

Last edited by #1 RF (Torchin' LA's Ass) on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm

It's a personal choice.If you like other school go in there untill isn;t late.Because it's better to do something that you like instead of doing something that you don't like..
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 pm

If you feel like you can handle all the problems at the school you're currently at, then it probably would end up benefiting you most as far as getting into the college of your choice. One negative their is that it is also less likely to prepare you for that college career, because of the quality of the school. It all depends on what you consider most important. If you don't think the difference in the education is really going to hurt you in the long run, then your current school is probably best. It makes your path to college much easier. At the other school, I'm sure you could be in the top 10% of students, but it would take more work. You would be likely to learn more and be better prepared for college in that case. A lot of people can be prepared for college either way, and it's really based on what you feel your needs are.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 pm

If you can't stand the fighting...the sign with Option A mos def.
Cuz if you can't cope with it....the stress is gonna build up....and its gonna go down from there...

But yeah....its a personal choice...
It all depends on how you're able to cope with various things....
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 pm

That's what I'm trying to tell my parents.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm

It is up to you ultimately of course, but I am leaning towards option one.

I say this because this school would be preparing you for post-secondary education and colleges may look at that when you are applying to them. The schools that offer your program of choice may think (I don't know cause Canadian schools are slightly different) that you have some knowledge of what is going to be learned in the program already and will consider that when considering applicants.

Even if you don't learn too much for the pre-medical studies program at your high school right now...you can always address your problems to the faculty and maybe they will make an effort to incorporate pre-med stuff into the curriculum.

In addition, the "bad" school may guarantee you good grades but post-secondary schools considering applicants may have oppressive attitudes towards that "bad" school and decide, not to accept you in favour of excellent students coming from "better" schools. Unfortunately, some schools with bad reputations get burned during the college application process...even if the students from there are more than qualified to attend their schools.

That is my two cents on this...good luck with your decision though.
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 pm

go to the white school..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RBT Members HELP!!!   RBT Members HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

RBT Members HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1