Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?

Go down 
+6
YS
Fox News
Tar Heel
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
wallshingtonwizard
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Nothing, reprimand
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
No criminal charges; short suspension (10 or less games)
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
No criminal charges; considerable suspension (11 to 20 games)
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Charged and Convicted* of illegal possession and 20 game or less suspension
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Charged and Convicted* of illegal possession and long suspension of 20+ games but less than 82 games
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Convicted with jail time (less than one year in the clink) and season long suspension
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Convicted with prison time (one year or more); contract gets voided
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Other - Explain
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Arenas10

*Sentence includes minimal jail time (one month or less), but probably NO jail time

The perception I get from local media regarding Gat-gate is that Gilbert Arenas donated a few guns to the DC police and showed them to Javaris along the way after losing some money playing Bourré as a gift in kind. The national media makes this seem much worse. One article from the Toronto Sun (okay it's not the US of A) says that Arenas' very long suspension is all but inevitable.

Okay, we in DC are a bit skewed from the Redskins losing again, saw the Caps lose three straight as the backups are now playing while the real guns are playing in the Olympics, Maryland basketball lost to William and Mary, a team they should have beaten soundly (okay, I'm happy, but the city isn't), and George Mason isn't good this year in basketball, among others.

So here's the question. What will happen to Gilbert Jorge Arenas, a/k/a the hibachi, a/k/a Agent Zero, a/k/a John Wayne after Gun-Gate is resolved? At best, nothing will happen. At worst, Agent Zero will have zero guns, his contract voided to zero, zero endorsements, and jail or prison time. Look at Plaxico. Look at Mike. Now Gil could be next among sports stars who get screwed over because of stupid mistakes, two of these guys (including Gil) because they bring guns in places where the liberals want "peace and harmony" in a world without guns. awwwwwwwwww.

We in DC hope he gets nothing obviously in the potential criminal matter and hopefully nothing more than a suspension of a minimal amount of games, but he has been suspended before regarding his NRA membership before, so this one if anything is bound to be bigger, but really I have no idea how much more. After all, Delonte West is charged of felonies himself and Stern is turning his shoulder, but then again, he plays for the Cavaliers. It is likely they both will face similar fates however because I just can't see West getting off the hook for having a chopper on his back since PG County Maryland is a DC suburb and the judges will be biased against Cavs, both the UVA and Cleveland kind. Okay, that was a bad joke, but I don't see West getting a pass either.

The poll is above, and I'd like to see your responses.

God, Abe Pollin would have voided his contract today if he saw this. Why is Ted not doing anything either? Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 am

So I guess everyone loves my spoof on the B-52's Love Shack song in my sig.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:02 am

Its been confirmed, they will void the contract..and did you know he also crapped in blatches shoe and took the wheels off of his teammates car?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 pm

BIG Omar wrote:
Its been confirmed, they will void the contract..and did you know he also crapped in blatches shoe and took the wheels off of his teammates car?

Where did you get that from? Even if we try to void the deal, Arenas will still get at least 80% of his money.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:09 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
BIG Omar wrote:

Where did you get that from? Even if we try to void the deal, Arenas will still get at least 80% of his money.

Really? So either way Arenas doesn't "lose" in this situation with regards to finances?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Widow's Peak wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:
BIG Omar wrote:

Really? So either way Arenas doesn't "lose" in this situation with regards to finances?

Considering that other players have done worse thinga than Arenas, AND got their money back, I can't see Gilbert losing much of his contract money. Sprewell choked his coach. Artest fought fans in the stands. Stephen Jackson is a convicted felon for shooting guns. Sure, Arenas brought guns to the Verizon Center, unloaded, and it is a criminal act, but it's not THAT bad if he didn't make light of the situation every other hour. The Union will fight tooth and nail at least as of now, since he's not convicted, and he will probably not be charged of a felony at this point.

Teams are losing money overall right now and yes, that may play into whether the Wizzies try to void the deal. Hoops performance aside, fortunately the Wizards have the security of owning the Verizon Center and ticketmaster. But still, when the cap goes down when most of the other teams are going through really rough times (Indy, Detroit, Sacramento were among the worst since they either got rid of, moved or threatened to get rid of their WNBA teams as cost cutting moves), Arenas' contract is more of a roadblock to any flexibility if he isn't going to play in the next two or three years much less two or three months. That is a reason to possibly void the deal, because of his moral actions and the salary cap room. But the Union will not let it happen when Arenas wasn't THAT BAD criminally.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Yah. Gilbert's biggest mistake was acting like it was all one big joke. So many guys have done worse than what he did, but they showed remorse for their actions, whether they felt it or not. He really didn't do something all that bad in comparison to the Artests, the Jacksons, and the Sprewells, but he messed himself when he wouldn't shut up. I doubt they will be able to void his contract as well, because he isn't going to be convicted of a felony, or even charged. He did something that was bad for the league, but there is no way he's going to be without his money, or at least most of it.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Ah I see, makes sense.

I was just wondering. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:52 pm

I voted for Charged and Convicted* of illegal possession and long suspension of 20+ games but less than 82 games
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm

I think he's going to jail

DC gun laws are alot stricter than NY's and look what happened to Plaxico Burress
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

That will be a good lesson for him.Loaded or unloaded gun it isn't funny to bring in a arena full with nearly 20 000 people
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

TMZ is reporting that Critt's house in Arlington, VA is being searched for the gun that was loaded. I can't believe that I have to use TMZ to find possible info on this.

And the Wizards failed to show up against the Hawks yesterday. Pathetic, esp. Because the Hawks didn't show up either.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Wizards are failure now....they are healthy but there aren't good results.Star player like Arenas gets a gun in an arena of nearly 20 000 people.Plus they didn't play well.......

They aren't as good as they were expected to be
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm

#1 Blazers Fan wrote:
Wizards are failure now....they are healthy but there aren't good results.Star player like Arenas gets a gun in an arena of nearly 20 000 people.Plus they didn't play well.......

They aren't as good as they were expected to be

To play devils advocate, a lot of folks thought we weren't going to be that good either. This team was either going to be a 50-32 squad going to at least 2nd round of the playoffs or even Eastern Finals, or falling short of the playoffs. Right now, it seems like the latter.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:16 pm

BREAKING NEWS (besides the Haiti quake - God help them)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/arenas-charged-in-gun-case.html?hpid=topnews

GILBERT CHARGED OF A FELONY!

Good news: None really, Wizards can't trade him, maybe Wizards can try to void his deal. That way we can see Barack and LeBron together for 41 nights.

Bad news: Gil's contract may still be on the books if he's not voided this season.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 pm

No reaction yet to his conviction? Sentencing hearing on March 23.

So what will the judge do?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/01/gilbert-arenas-pleads-guilty-t.html?wprss=wizardsinsider

So what happens?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:02 am

Alright another update.

The Players Union president, Derek Fisher is pretty pissed that Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension hasn't been laid out with a firm time table. Fortunately, the league has finished their investigation, and it looks like we'll know how long Gilbert will be gone for from the NBA, assuming he does not get any prison time. This is also a first: giving a firm suspension on a player before a criminal matter has been completed. Yes, we know Arenas is now a felon, but no, we don't know exactly how long he'll be in the slammer and how long his butthole will be open for business, like how long Antawn and Caron are available for the Cleveland Cavaliers or the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Z and Lamar Odom/Adam Morrison respectively.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4850803
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:04 am

We also will likely know what will happen to Crittenton. From what "sources" have said, he is going to get suspended big time as well.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:40 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/images/plea_and_proffer.pdf

Since this is basically fact that no one is disagreeing with Javaris doesn't seem to look that bad. Not to say that Javaris didn't do anything wrong.

Gilbert Arenas looks even worse by the minute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2