Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away

Go down 
+4
Darko
Fox News
BNB
wallshingtonwizard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/03/arenas-loses-his-mother.html

No mistake that Gil didn't want to make amends with mom at least while he was playing, but now he will never have that chance.

What a year for this man

1. Coming back from three knee surgeries and Tim Grover said the Wizards will be impressed
2. Gilbert was "back" for the most part except we weren't winning. He played every game this year up to the suspension. If that never happened, he was definitely playing close to the 82 games. So he shook off the injury bug to a good degree.
3. Maybe this is part of the reason for #2 at least in the beginning, but Shaq was allegedly tapping on his wife, hittin' that azz last five or so years. Gil denied it, but it still had to be a distraction.
4. Gilbert decided to play bourre after his team got killed in Phoenix and the next day the locker room hosted Antiques Roadshow, 2nd Amendment edition. Sure he and Javaris had giggles right after that but he got suspended for 50 games, and lost his contract with Adidas.
5. Gilbert pleads guilty to felony gun possession for #4
6. Gilbert's mom dies. On a brighter note, Arenas paid for her funeral expenses.

When it rains, it pours, and it's raining today here in DC. On Friday, Gilbert gets sentenced from nothing to five years, though I'd expect him back in Richmond this October, so we'll see how much worse this year is getting for him. The only worse things that can happen to him are a 1.5-2 yr sentence at least which would mean the Wizards would def. void his contract. That would spell his soon to come bankruptcy filing and further tarnish whatever's left of his NBA career depending on the sentence length. For the Wizards, that same event will be almost like winning LeBron James this July, and hell, that means LeBron is signing in DC this july. The team basically axed him, even though they've softened their stance recently.

I do feel sorry that this is death of his mom (even if he never was close to her) is just kicking him while he's down, but he did screw the Wizards big time with his antic.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am

omg! gilbert shot his mom?!

I'm TOTALLY kidding.

that sucks though... It sucks even more if he WANTED to fix their relationship.. if he didn't wanna do that then...well idk. He should have done it while he had the chance
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

a crack addict that didnt want him...he probably wont go to the funeral or give a shit...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Damnit
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:30 pm

jordan river wrote:
a crack addict that didnt want him...he probably wont go to the funeral or give a shit...

I think he probably would go so he can get sympathy points from the judge this Friday. His lawyer will make him go so he can try to suck up to him.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 pm

That is unfortunate.
This is just another addition to the drama-ridden year he is having so far.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

damn...thats sad..

Hope everything works out for Gilbert and his family.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 pm

I honestly feel bad for Arenas.

When a relative dies, even one you may not be close to, it always makes you wish you knew them better, wish you had just spent time reconciling with them. I know this from experience.

I just hope he is able to sort out his personal problems and make a successful return to the NBA next season.

Everybody deserves a second chance, I really hope Arenas makes the best out of his.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm

apparently bad news tends to snowball Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away   Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas' mom passes away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: Eastern Conference-
Jump to: