Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?

Go down 
+6
YS
Fox News
Tar Heel
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
wallshingtonwizard
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Nothing, reprimand
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap10%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
No criminal charges; short suspension (10 or less games)
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap13%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
No criminal charges; considerable suspension (11 to 20 games)
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap15%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Charged and Convicted* of illegal possession and 20 game or less suspension
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap3%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Charged and Convicted* of illegal possession and long suspension of 20+ games but less than 82 games
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap15%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Convicted with jail time (less than one year in the clink) and season long suspension
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap21%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Convicted with prison time (one year or more); contract gets voided
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap18%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Other - Explain
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_lcap5%What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Empty
PostSubject: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 pm

What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Arenas10

*Sentence includes minimal jail time (one month or less), but probably NO jail time

The perception I get from local media regarding Gat-gate is that Gilbert Arenas donated a few guns to the DC police and showed them to Javaris along the way after losing some money playing Bourré as a gift in kind. The national media makes this seem much worse. One article from the Toronto Sun (okay it's not the US of A) says that Arenas' very long suspension is all but inevitable.

Okay, we in DC are a bit skewed from the Redskins losing again, saw the Caps lose three straight as the backups are now playing while the real guns are playing in the Olympics, Maryland basketball lost to William and Mary, a team they should have beaten soundly (okay, I'm happy, but the city isn't), and George Mason isn't good this year in basketball, among others.

So here's the question. What will happen to Gilbert Jorge Arenas, a/k/a the hibachi, a/k/a Agent Zero, a/k/a John Wayne after Gun-Gate is resolved? At best, nothing will happen. At worst, Agent Zero will have zero guns, his contract voided to zero, zero endorsements, and jail or prison time. Look at Plaxico. Look at Mike. Now Gil could be next among sports stars who get screwed over because of stupid mistakes, two of these guys (including Gil) because they bring guns in places where the liberals want "peace and harmony" in a world without guns. awwwwwwwwww.

We in DC hope he gets nothing obviously in the potential criminal matter and hopefully nothing more than a suspension of a minimal amount of games, but he has been suspended before regarding his NRA membership before, so this one if anything is bound to be bigger, but really I have no idea how much more. After all, Delonte West is charged of felonies himself and Stern is turning his shoulder, but then again, he plays for the Cavaliers. It is likely they both will face similar fates however because I just can't see West getting off the hook for having a chopper on his back since PG County Maryland is a DC suburb and the judges will be biased against Cavs, both the UVA and Cleveland kind. Okay, that was a bad joke, but I don't see West getting a pass either.

The poll is above, and I'd like to see your responses.

God, Abe Pollin would have voided his contract today if he saw this. Why is Ted not doing anything either? Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 pm

I voted for the 10 game suspension.

I chose that option under the assumption that the NBA may attempt to set an example for all NBA players and show that they are against players carrying weapons to games.

Still, I would not be completely shocked if there is no punishment whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Here is the link regarding Arenas from the Canadians:
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/2010/01/03/12334721.html

Here is the link on just our opinions on what the team is going through from Wilbon of the Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/02/AR2010010201765.html?hpid=topnews
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm

As usual, Roger Mason saved his best for his hometown team which dumped him in favor of DeShawn Stevenson and Nick Young. It's also unfortunate that Mason also said he WASN'T surprised that Arenas would be involved in a John Wayne incident though he would be disappointed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/02/AR2010010202115.html

I hope that was a freudian slip, because he WASN'T suprised to be here:
What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Img00010
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 am

Lifetime ban from the NBA
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:09 am

The Lone Warrior wrote:
Lifetime ban from the NBA

Wow, I don't think it would get that bad, but then again the truth isn't out yet.... (no pun intended on Paul)
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm

"1. Arenas and Crittenton should be suspended for the rest of this season.
2. The Wizards should use the morality clause to void the rest of Arenas' $111 million contract, which after this season will tally $78 million.
3. The Wizards should be fined considerably -- I'm thinking a high six figures -- for even allowing Arenas to store his guns at a public arena and league facility, regardless of whether the guns were kept in a locked area. Bringing a gun inside a NBA facility is prohibited."
-http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4794513

For once, I agree completely with an ESPN writer's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Nothing should happen..period. Big deal..he had an unloaded gun in his locker..an unloaded gun is just as good as a big rock....
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm

QAnd if gil owed someone money why would he pull a pistol? thats kinda backwards....
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 pm

CAguystukinNC wrote:
"1. Arenas and Crittenton should be suspended for the rest of this season.
2. The Wizards should use the morality clause to void the rest of Arenas' $111 million contract, which after this season will tally $78 million.
3. The Wizards should be fined considerably -- I'm thinking a high six figures -- for even allowing Arenas to store his guns at a public arena and league facility, regardless of whether the guns were kept in a locked area. Bringing a gun inside a NBA facility is prohibited."
-http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4794513

For once, I agree completely with an ESPN writer's opinion.

Well it will also be important to note that we're waiting to see what's gonna happen to Delonte West who is facing charges just as serious as Arenas...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm

He's gonna get a suspension...and thats it...

And I don't think anything more than that should happen either....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:58 am

He'll get a suspension of 20 games.He'll return
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:41 am

My guess at this point is Arenas will take a mandated break from 5-20 games. The courts can go either way with the criminal charges, and this case I heard is going to a grand jury so people will get to decide that. The same goes for Delonte.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:47 am

We're now a late night punch line, but that's to be expected.

I didn't find most of the top 10 to be too funny though as a casual listener..
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 pm

He got his supsension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm

To the guys who voted "nothing", well, uh, you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILBY!

NO MONEY AND SHOTS FOR YOU!

badum ching!
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Wait, it's his birthday today?

And he got suspended from the NBA? LMAO!
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Badum ching!
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Suspend the ENTIRE WIZARDS TEAM'S ROSTER FOR SMILING IN THIS PIC.

We know who's da boss of the team now.

Jimmy B, a/k/a Caronimo! plus Mini Me whose head was down so he gets the benefit of the doubt. Also Haywood wouldn't have smiled here. I dunno if Mike Miller did....

sorry Antawn, unless you smiled for the camera in and of itself so one game off for you.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:13 pm

OMG OMG OMG

I LOVE YOUR SIG..
I couldnt stop laughing... hahaha

Probably all the wiz fans dont want him anymore. His career went down after that injury. From being great he then went to nothing...

His twitter story was hilarious..

love your sig mannn
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Oh.. I think he should go to jail for some time but he will obviously not.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:40 am

Not a surprise that the Wizards are mum on this, but TMZ isn't. News isn't surprising either:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/12/wizards-to-arenas-we-can-flush-your-contract/

Keep in mind sources said the team told Gil that they COULD have or COULD void his deal if they want to because of this, but even now, I don't see how his contract can be voided unless he killed someone which he didn't do.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:17 am

LMFAO.... :LMFAO:

Go get them Arenas with your gun... What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? 452865 Gorilla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved?   What will happen to Gilbert Arenas when Gun-Gate is resolved? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next