Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)

Go down 
+3
Saeed
cbi
King Of NJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Mine is 2006 Elite 8 in Washington DC when the 11th seeded cinderella George Mason Patriots knocked off the #1 nationally ranked UConn Huskies after coming back down 12 to seal a spot in the Final Four

the ultimate cinderella story

how about yours?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 pm

when Cleveland state made it all the way to the sweet sixteen.
Then we only lost by 1 point to Army in the SS game... so close to the EE....
so so close.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 pm

I can't use West V, so I'll take NC State

although I didn't watch them play this.

The Wolfpack won the D1 National Mens Basketball Championship in both 1974 and 1983.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 am

Wow. Scottie Reynolds has to be up there in my mind.

Probably Christian Laettner's game winner. With how many times I have seen that shot, it's what I think of when I think down to the wire NCAA tourney ball.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:10 am

That was crazy. My dad was at the game (as a Duke alum), and he said he lost a shoe... What a wonderful story dad.

Laettner had a great shot, but too bad he couldn't exchange that shot for anything in the NBA, because he did nothing in the NBA
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

lol I hate Duke so I hate that moment lol.

My other favorite moment would be Scottie Reynolds buzzer beater to beat Pittsburgh though.

or Hampton as a 15 seed beating 2nd seeded Iowa State back in 2002
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I just now realized that it said can't use own team....

Well in that case I agree wit George Mason
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:34 pm

George Mason wasn't even ranked that low. People were surprised because a 7th seed made it to the Final Four. Over-rated much, people think George Mason was a 14th or 15th seed.

Stephennnn Currrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Although Davidson losing to Kansas wasn't too good.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

They were 11th seed SK.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:38 pm

George Mason was an 11 seed and even more impressive were the teams they beat to get there

1st Round-#6 Michigan State
2nd Round-#3 North Carolina
Sweet 16-#7 Wichita State
Elite 8-#1 Connecticut

3 of the 4 teams they beat were in the 2009 Final Four
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
They were 11th seed SK.

Still... People over-rate them :X
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm

How can a Patriot League school from a mid-major conference who shocked everybody as an 11 seed and beat Michigan State,North Carolina,and UConn in the same tournament be overrated?

Its the best moment in NCAA history to me and they are the ultimate cinderella
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 pm

For real.

Lol Sk. You just want to be mr. big opinion.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:44 pm

lol at least he went with something different.

Another moment I liked in 2004 was when #1 seeds Stanford and Kentucky both went down in the 2nd Round to #8 seed Alabama and #9 seed UAB

the UAB over Kentucky upset was a stunner because many people had UK winning it all and they got stunned in the 2nd Round by a surprising UAB Blazer squad lead by Mo Finley,and Sqeaky Johnson
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 am

King Of NJ wrote:

Another moment I liked in 2004 was when #1 seeds Stanford and Kentucky both went down in the 2nd Round to #8 seed Alabama and #9 seed UAB

the UAB over Kentucky upset was a stunner because many people had UK winning it all and they got stunned in the 2nd Round by a surprising UAB Blazer squad lead by Mo Finley,and Sqeaky Johnson

Did they make it to the NBA?

-Mr. Big Opinion.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:00 am

My boy Erik Rush ALMOST making the 64. Montana State '10.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 am

SK22 wrote:
King Of NJ wrote:

Did they make it to the NBA?

-Mr. Big Opinion.

nope never made it. They did have a great run to the Sweet 16 in 2004 though.

Another moment of mine that I enjoyed was the 2004 Final Four both semifinal games.

When Georgia Tech's Will Bynum hit the layup to beat Oklahoma State with 1.1 seconds left to send them to the National title game and a 67-65 win

the other from that semifinal when UConn trailed Duke 75-67 with 2 minutes left and Emeka Okafor went crazy leading a comeback charge to beat beat Duke 79-78 in what would eventually lead to a national title where they beat Georgia Tech 82-73
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 am

Since I can't use Villanova. I'll say a series of incredible moments was when Arizona becomes the first National Champion to defeat three number 1 seeds on route to their victory. Mike Bibby, Jason Terry and Michael Dickerson were flat out ridiculous that tournament.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:44 am

I didnt watch the NCAA that year but I remember seeing highlights of it

when they beat Providence in a thrilling OT classic

also beating 3 #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament and pulling the thrilling upset.

George Mason to me will always be #1 but the NCAA Tournament has so many moments its hard to choose.

UConn beating Duke in 1999 was enjoyable as well. I love it when Duke chokes haha
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:55 am

Umass doesn't really have good moments, lol, so I can't use my team anyways.

I'll go with UConn beating Albany. I wanted Albany to win so badly, but the comeback was awesome.

So close for the 16 over 1!
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 pm

If Albany had beat UConn we would've never got to see George Mason beat UConn
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
when Cleveland state made it all the way to the sweet sixteen.
Then we only lost by 1 point to Army in the SS game... so close to the EE....
so so close.

Army has never been in the NCAA tournament ever, and not in the NIT since 1978. Theylost to Navy because they had David Robinson back then and they were the ones to make it to the Elite Eight that year.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Well... yeah. lol That's what I meant haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)   What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team) Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite moment in NCAA Basketball History(cant say own team)
Page 1 of 1