Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?

Go down 
+2
cbi
King Of NJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

I asked favorite moment of NCAA in general before without including your team so now Ill say favorite of your team

UNC has won 2 National titles in 2005 and 2009 since I became UNC fan in 1998 so it's hard for me to pick.

I think ruining JJ Redick's and Shelden William's senior night with Freshman Tyler Hansbrough having a big game was the best and shutting up the Cameron Crazies.

2nd best I would say is the close 2 pt win in the 2005 National title game against Illinois
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Ohio State: I guess 2007 when they made it to the National Championship Game

Cleveland State: I wasn't alive yet.. but in 1980-something(I hate it when I forget dates) cleveland state made it the sweet sixteen and only lost to Navy by a point..

Last edited by Cavs Browns Indians on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Ron Lewis's 3 point shot against Xavier in 2007. Fucking EPIC.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:03 pm

West Coast Bias wrote:
Ron Lewis's 3 point shot against Xavier in 2007. Fucking EPIC.
Oshit.. I forgot all about that...

I PICK THIS
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Cleveland State had a pretty epic game against Wake Forest this season when they pulled the 13 over 4 upset

and my other favorite team Rutgers- cant think of any since its been 18 years since they made the NCAA Tournament Sad

but Id guess making the 2005 I believe NIT Final and losing to Michigan or when they went undefeated in 1976 but didnt win the NCAA title even though that was ages ago
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 pm

You mean....

Rutgers was good at basketball once?

Wow
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 pm

🇳🇴 cmon CBI. of course Lewis is my all time favorite Buckeye so I wouldn't be able to forget.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Really? over everyone else?

He was a semi beast in college.. but hasn't done much of anything else..
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:11 pm

in the 70s Rutgers was good

and Ron Lewis hit the game typing 3 point shot with 2.8 seconds in the second round to send it into OT against Xavier in 2007

that was awfully exciting if you're a Buckeye fan.

and how about the 15 point Sweet 16 comeback against Tennessee?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Yeah I know it game tying, but it's my fav cause of the player. I like the comeback a lot but, Lewis's deep three will probably always be number one.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
Really? over everyone else?

He was a semi beast in college.. but hasn't done much of anything else..

I loved him the season before Oden and Conley came, and he was still my favorite cause I knew Oden and Conley were gone after 1 or 2 years. Redd was great, but for some reason I just really liked Lewis. I wish he had gotten to the NBA.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Yeah .. accoring to wiki he dominated the Belgium league, and now he's on Isreals best team..
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

yeah but I want him playing back in the states.

later gotta go.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
You mean....

Rutgers was good at basketball once?

Wow

They were real good in the 1970's, and went to Final Four, with current Sixers Head Coach Eddie Jordan leading the way.

For me..

Favorite college basketball moment:

For Duke, I wasn't quite six years old when I saw Christian Laettner beat UConn, (then just a regional power like a Xavier or a Gonzaga) in the Elite Eight on a buzzer beater. Since my whole family likes Duke basketball, I got into it early, but that moment was the first one that stuck. The best moment was when Laettner beat Kentucky in the Elite Eight two years later. I thought for a second that the VCR was playing. For this decade, I would go with the Miracle Minute against Maryland which Jay Williams did, and the 2001 title season as a whole. The Duke choking I think is coming from the fact that Coach K isn't recruiting many of these phenoms, some of whom have helped a school get a national title. He wants players to play all four years, and even those who have left early for the NBA, have for the most part graduated within the APR mandated six year timeframe. Same applies to UNC as well though they have won more the last five years since Roy Williams came in from KU.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:57 pm

lol you know I can't stand Duke so seeing them lose is always a wonderful moment
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Umm idk Umass doesn't really have any good moments
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 pm

UMass made the 1996 Final Four

since they got stripped of that appearance and Calipari left they're program went down the drain

Memphis better hope same doesn't happen to them. They do have a decent team this year though
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

I'd still say that the 1996 Final Four was their high point, vacated or not.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm

UCLA: Tyus Edney's coast-to-coast sprint down the court for the buzzer-beating, game-winning layup over Missouri. I also love to watch the last minutes of the 2006 UCLA-Gonzaga tournament game. My favorite comeback ever; the Bruins were down by 17 before roaring back.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:12 pm

CAguystukinNC (Geek) wrote:
UCLA: Tyus Edney's coast-to-coast sprint down the court for the buzzer-beating, game-winning layup over Missouri. I also love to watch the last minutes of the 2006 UCLA-Gonzaga tournament game. My favorite comeback ever; the Bruins were down by 17 before roaring back.

I remember that comeback in 2006.

One of the best NCAA games I ever saw.UCLA was down 71-66 in the Final Minute as well and cameback.

to me Scottie Reynolds drive to the basket to send Villanova to the Final Four this year surpassed the Edney play
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm

still Ron Lewis's game tying threeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?   What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite moment of your favorite college team?
Page 1 of 1