Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.

Go down 
+11
No Longer DEAD
Andy's swingman ;)
lozan :)
YS
cbi
BNB
Darko
Chosen One
Tar Heel
#1 Rockets Fan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. Empty
PostSubject: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 pm

I don't know what ignited the team's offense but they have improved 300% and Mo Williams is actually playing in the second half - like the best PG in the league - and might earn the All Star spot. His game in LA is so far the best I have seen from him. Parker, Moon, West, Z, Hickson, Varejao, LeBron and Shaq are also playing good.

And this all started after the loss to Mavericks without Dirk.

How long will this continue?
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

This will continue no further. Shaq will slow them down badly like he does every team he goes to. The reason they won that game yesterday was because of our lack of size and they abused us there.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:34 pm

I am not talking about only Houston. Just the way they are playing now is making them another team.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Shaq will still slow them down. What happens when they face a fast pacing team like the Warriors or Blazers. It will hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:43 pm

#1 RF (2010 All Decade) wrote:
Shaq will still slow them down. What happens when they face a fast pacing team like the Warriors or Blazers. It will hurt them.

I want to agree, but the Warriors and Blazers are not much of a threat in the playoffs (at least not now). Shaq can be a very useful weapon against the Celtics and Magic (heck, Howard is the reason the Cavs got Shaq in the first place), and against the Lakers he teamed with Big Z to make a frontline as long and imposing as Bynum and Gasol. And none of those three teams run a particularly fast offense like the Warriors or Suns or Blazers.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 pm

^^ What CaGuy said.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Exactly. I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:52 pm

But I think this Cavs team playing in the last 3-4 games is not the same honestly.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 pm

The key is Mo Williams

When Lebron and Mo play well the cavs are just an awsome team.
Mo has been very aggresive and assertive lately after his dissappointing performence against Dallas

Keep it up MO Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Cavs are really great team

LeBron James is doing all the things they need him to do and the other players are impressive.Mo has stepped out and shown skills at his games,West is great at the defensive end,Moon is getting it done on the offensive end,Big Z is doing his thing etc

Shaq has been impressive if you ask me.He's getting ready for the playoffs when he will give his best right now.You saw O'Neal and Big Z matched together how did they stop the best offensive big men duo in the NBA on Christmas Day?

Yeah that's right,they work well as a team which is beatiful to watch.I hope Cavs will win the championships in the next decade starting from this year because LeBron deserves to win a lot and Shaq needs 1 more so he can go in retirment in the place where he belongs.Hall Of Fame,Top 5 Centers ever and with 5 championships

Enoguh said
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Well the cavs were playing the contenders last year as well. It's how they play in the post-season that counts. Great teams will obviously look better than they really are when they play a few crappy teams in a row... but the cavs beaten some good teams this year... question is, can they do it in a 7 game series? I don't think they can.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:20 pm

I think they can and will do that
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Shhh.
C'mon.
dont jynx us.

Last year us Cavs fans got a just a little confident and the Cleveland curse attacked. D:
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:22 pm

CBI wrote:
Shhh.
C'mon.
dont jynx us.

Last year us Cavs fans got a just a little confident and the Cleveland curse attacked. D:

For the record, I said (before they played Orlando) if they beat orlando they are going to win it all, but they are probably gonna lose. I even said it on Y!A.

Dream On wrote:
Well the cavs were playing the contenders last year as well. It's how they play in the post-season that counts. Great teams will obviously look better than they really are when they play a few crappy teams in a row... but the cavs beaten some good teams this year... question is, can they do it in a 7 game series? I don't think they can.

That's my point. All I am saying is the way they are playing these past 4-5 (ok, not against atlanta) games -- they lok like they can beat good teams in a 7 game series. All I want is too see how Powe fits in.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

GOD DAMN THE CAVALIERS ARE SOME FUCKING CHEATERS!!!!! FUCKIN' LEB*TCH!!!

It's though the fans need a little success considering they've NEVER won a title in Franchise history. lol. The Rockets have more success. I'm just waiting for LeButt to choke in the playoffs again!!!

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:45 pm

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan wrote:

It's though the fans need a little success considering they've NEVER won a title in Franchise history. lol. The Rockets have more success. I'm just waiting for LeButt to choke in the playoffs again!!!

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan

Whoa...where did THAT come from???
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm

CAguystukinNC wrote:

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan

The Cavs cheated. They didn't restart the shot clock which resulted in the Hawks turning the ball over and the Cavs scoring on the other end. Unfare. If this is how they win then they have no skill. I was actually getting pretty emotional over this game like I do over the Rockets. I've always like the Hawks but not enough to call myself a fan. Maybe it's time I do.

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan? Maybe so!!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Ah...alright then. I guess I didn't realize you liked the Hawks a lot.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:03 pm

LMFAO @ #1RF's outburst!!

Pretty damn random!!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 pm

CAguystukinNC wrote:

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan

The Cavs cheated. They didn't restart the shot clock which resulted in the Hawks turning the ball over and the Cavs scoring on the other end. Unfare. If this is how they win then they have no skill. I was actually getting pretty emotional over this game like I do over the Rockets. I've always like the Hawks but not enough to call myself a fan. Maybe it's time I do.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I'm glad that a fan of another team can see it the way us Hawks fan see it
This game was nothing but One BIG BS call
I mean 15 secs on the shot clock!?!?
And they didn;t review it or do anything!

I was on some Cavs forums and even they the Cavs didn;t deserve to win this game

GOD I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS FREAKIN MAD!
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 am

The Godfather wrote:
CAguystukinNC wrote:

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I'm glad that a fan of another team can see it the way us Hawks fan see it
This game was nothing but One BIG BS call
I mean 15 secs on the shot clock!?!?
And they didn;t review it or do anything!

I was on some Cavs forums and even they the Cavs didn;t deserve to win this game

GOD I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS FREAKIN MAD!

Yeah I was all on the ground and my dad came in and thought I was losing my mind. lol. He was like 'It's not even the Rockets'. I was actually tearing up when they loss?? Arg!! Curse you Hawks!!

(Still a #1 Rockets Fan!!!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 am

FINALLY!

It's gonna continue until the all star break, after that we're gonna be unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 am

The cavs cheated? So your saying that the cavs are in control of the shot clock now? The referee makes the decisions, if your going to blame anyone for not re setting the shot clock blame the person in control of the shot clock, don't blame the cavs because that is just ridiculous and ignorant. Amazing how you can say we cheated from this, we just continued playing basketball and we ended up hitting a 3 to win it, not our fault the shot clock superviser forgot to reset the shot clock.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:04 am

OMGGG

IT WAS A GAME FROM LIKE 4 DAYS AGO

YES, CAVS WON

AND YES, IT WAS UNFAIR

BUT IT WAS ONEEEEEEEEEEEE GAME!

HAWKS WILL WIN THE REST OF THEIR GAMES...SO DON'T WORRY

AS FOR THE CAVS...

lol jk
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:46 pm

#1 Rockets/Hawks Fan

All I gotta say is LOL.

1. The cavs didn't cheat - it was the refs' mistake
2. I didn't know you were a hawks fan.

cavs_in2010 wrote:
FINALLY!

It's gonna continue until the all star break, after that we're gonna be unstoppable.
Glad to see you here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.   Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cavs are FINALLY playing like a title contender.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next