Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?

Go down 
+6
YS
3-peat
Fox News
Darko
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 am

First topic message reminder :

As you all may realize, the Spurs are having a not-so-hot start so far. Currently, their record is a somewhat disappointing 12-9 and are currently 6th in the West; I was not expecting this at all prior to the start of the regular season.

The Spurs have some good players in Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, RJ and promising young stars in Hill and Blair; as well some other decent role players. Despite this, their record is not really reflecting this.

Right now, I am a bit concerned...I am optimistic that they can make playoffs...but why do I have a tiny feeling that they may miss it (maybe I am being overdramatic because I am used to the Spurs being good...lol.). I know the Spurs are known for turning it up in the 2nd half and finishing strong...but can they this time? If not, what can they do to improve their roster and become a legitimate threat in the league this year?

Thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Sue me for making another Spurs thread in the past two days...I am Spurs talk deprived here, lol.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 am

Its def pop, he has a history of being stubborn, Duncanon the other hand is a pro's pro. No bitching from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Robinson playing center in Duncan's rookie year on really spoiled Tim. After Robinson left, the Spurs tried (and still try) everything to put a center along side Tim, who would rather catch H1N1 than play center. From Rasho to Nazr to anyone else. Duncan is just not comfortable playing center, which is odd because he seems to be about the most natural center out there.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm

JYD wrote:
No need to apologize Caguy; it was just something I wanted to ask...I was curious to see if you guys agreed/disagreed with Charles hehe.

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
West
Blazers
Dallas:P
Denver Razz
San Antonio Razz
Lakers Razz

Razz

I'm sorry but when get Oden back,we'll go unbeatable Very Happy Razz

Razz

Wow, that is incorrect with regards to your rankings.
I am by no means a fan of the Lakers but I think they should be ranked slightly higher...especially over the Blazers. The same goes for the Mavericks, Nuggets and even the Spurs. Maybe the Jazz as well...

That isn't my list SRF i was joking....this is my list

Lakers
Mavs
Denver
Spurs
Blazers
Rockets
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

oldtimer wrote:
Robinson playing center in Duncan's rookie year on really spoiled Tim. After Robinson left, the Spurs tried (and still try) everything to put a center along side Tim, who would rather catch H1N1 than play center. From Rasho to Nazr to anyone else. Duncan is just not comfortable playing center, which is odd because he seems to be about the most natural center out there.

Duncan was drafted as a Center but they had Robinson,they couldn;t risk back then.He's gifted big man and natural Power Forward/Center.He isn't comfortable playing center although if he wanted to play that he would easily be the best.He played Power Forward many seasons in his career but i think they should put him as Center because that would be the best solution to this problem.If Tim wanted to play.....that would be diffrent because McDayess is comfortable playing Power Forward....
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Spurs need to sign Jaleesa 1st and foremost in order to improve their chances at winning Smile
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Lol....
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 am

lol KONJ.

I would be a bench warmer; no way would I play a minute, even during garbage time haha

and oldtimer, those are very valid points you made there (ps. welcome to RBT! Very Happy) about Duncan playing centre. What team are you a fan of?
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Widow's Peak wrote:
lol KONJ.

I would be a bench warmer; no way would I play a minute, even during garbage time haha

and oldtimer, those are very valid points you made there (ps. welcome to RBT! Very Happy) about Duncan playing centre. What team are you a fan of?

you seem like you would still be a good emotional leader, and team leader.

you have the toughness and energy to come off the bench and carry the Spurs to wins Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

SRF would lead the Spurs to a championship!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Bulls 120 Pistons 87 wrote:
Widow's Peak wrote:
lol KONJ.

you seem like you would still be a good emotional leader, and team leader.

you have the toughness and energy to come off the bench and carry the Spurs to wins Smile lol

Haha...trust me, one minute of playing time for me = eternity in coach Pop's doghouse.

Why don't you play on the Bulls? lol
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Widow's Peak wrote:

Why don't you play on the Bulls? lol

David Stern won't let me into the NBA because I have far too much skill and the competition comittee said it'd be unfair because I'd destroy the parity in the game lol.

but I'd be worried about getting traded for Jaleesa more than anything Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Hahaha What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 900593

Jaleesa for Konj trade of the decade
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 am

What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 902265

I. Hate. The. Rose. Garden!
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 am

Spurs lose?

Gimme some new news...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 am

Warriors lost not too long ago...

oh wait, that happens all the time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?   What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do the Spurs need in order to become an improved roster?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2