Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?

Go down 
+10
cbi
No Longer DEAD
Darko
Saeed
BNB
3-peat
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
Raza
JC45
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:12 am

I say either Anthony Morrow or Anthony Randolph
Back to top Go down
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 am

Me too, and I think Oden will be in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:15 am

Do your picks have anything to do with the fact that they are on the Warriors?

Trevor Ariza
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:15 am

I hope so I really don't want him to be a bust. He is a good doode
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 am

Courtney Lee. Randolph has a legit chance, but not Morrow. Morrow won't get enough minutes. But I think it will be Lee because he is experienced already and is moving from a great team to a team who needs scorers. Him playing with Harris will complement well and I see him averaging between 18 and 20 points next season to go with 4 boards and 4 assists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 am

Raza wrote:
Do your picks have anything to do with the fact that they are on the Warriors?

Trevor Ariza

Okay I need to stop being biased sorry.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 am

Raza, you have to admit Randolph is a candidate after his off-season and how average he was last season. I don't think Morrow is, but if the Warriors decided to give him 36 minutes he would average 18-20 points and be in contention. I think the best choices are Randolph, Lee, and maybe Rodney Stuckey.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:23 am

I predict that Oden will have a breakout season and win MIP.
Possibly Jose Calderon too if he can stay healthy the whole season and have a really good season.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:24 am

West Coast Bias AAA 4 U wrote:
Raza, you have to admit Randolph is a candidate after his off-season and how average he was last season. I don't think Morrow is, but if the Warriors decided to give him 36 minutes he would average 18-20 points and be in contention. I think the best choices are Randolph, Lee, and maybe Rodney Stuckey.

What did he do this offseason?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:24 am

Andrew Bynum will have a breakout Year next year, averaging 17 ppg 13 RBG and 2 BPG
ic him improving from last seasons NBA Finals slump and winning the Most improved Player Award
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am

KB24: ...no
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am

Anthony Randolph has gained pounds and look at his stats in summer league.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 am

The Summer League means nothing. It's just rookies and complete NBA scrubs.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:28 am

Raza wrote:
West Coast Bias AAA 4 U wrote:

What did he do this offseason?

He has been working to put on muscle and been in the gym since the season ended. He hasn't taken a break. He's impressed so much that he got a late addition to the Olympic camp at the end of summer league and all lot of people around the league are starting to talk about him as a future franchise player.

Its not just his stats and dominance at summer league that has impressed. Hes been working out with new trainers to improve his jump shot and rebounding, two things he struggled with last year. Hes gone out and improved a lot, and all the scouts are noticing.

Last edited by West Coast Bias AAA 4 U on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:29 am

West Coast knows!

I actually think Monta Ellis can win too because he got injured and that would be his second time!
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 am

Raza wrote:
KB24: ...no

Raza yes.....LOL andrew will win it man trust me he will improve alot this of season
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:31 am

Well if he's been working hard, then of course he can win it.

I just thought it wasn't a coincidence Johnny Bravo's two choices were both Warrior players haha
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:31 am

In my opinion I think it will be Trevor Ariza or Courtney Lee
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 am

Raza wrote:

I just thought it wasn't a coincidence Johnny Bravo's two choices were both Warrior players haha

Neither did I. I wouldn't really give Morrow any chance at all, or Monta. My favorite to win it is still Courtney Lee, but it would be cool if AR did.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:34 am

Raza wrote:

It noticed it was Bias as soon as i read seen the Players names...and thats when i decided that neither of them will win it because Andrew Bynum will improve more and caputure the minds and hearts of Laker fans and NBA Fans, Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 am

I think Anthony Randolph has to be a favorite. He didn't even play in the rookie game last year. He started to turn it on at the end of last season when he finally got some PT. Like mentioned, he's been working out like a madman and has put a few lbs on. He just needs to not try and do too much and he'll have a stellar year.

Oden and Bynum both have a great shot. If either of those guys can stay healthy for an entire season, they will be in the running. I'll be surprised if either actually does, but they are both serious contenders. Bynum might have to fight for shots on that team, but if he can play 80 games, give him the award.

Other guys I like are Eric Gordon and Russell Westbrook. Westbrook gets better and better each time I see him play going back to his UCLA days.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 am

I love this. 50% of the people to comment on this topic are Warrior fans. Great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 am

Courtney Lee FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 am

Seriously. It feels weird being a majority for once. At the end of last season on YA, I felt like I was drowning in a sea of Lakers fans. I think we should try and recruit some more W's fans to keep things even.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:01 am

Miles is the only one I can think of on YA that isn't here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?   Who will win the Most Improved Player Award? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will win the Most Improved Player Award?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next