Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?

Go down 
+15
Koolish
KD35
wallshingtonwizard
Rush
EM:)
Saeed
cbi
Tar Heel
Nick C
Chosen One
Fox News
No Longer DEAD
brownie13
Darko
King Of NJ
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

First topic message reminder :

they have the worst record in the NBA and possibility of the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft

Right now PG John Wall from Kentucky,PF Derrick Favors from Georgia Tech,SG/SF Evan Turner from Ohio State,C Cole Adrich from Kansas,PF Ed Davis from North Carolina,and SG/SF Wesley Johnson of Syracuse are in the mix.

since it's a lottery we don't know if they will even get the #1 pick but they have a good PG in Harris,and a good C in Lopez already.

I like the think they should get a PF if they can but maybe they'll get John Wall who's the most talented of the projected #1 picks and has a chance to be a really good player in the NBA and looks like he's head and shoulders the best player to draft #1 so far.

Maybe they pair up Wall and Harris. It'll be interesting
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Yeah I agree Yi so far hasn't proving he is a 6th pick worthy player.

Btw go to YM again man, sorry my internet was error again.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:30 am

Wesley Johnson
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Move harris to SG and draft abdul gaddy. Or keep devin At PG and draft A Pf the best availible PF is probably demarcuz cuzin or john henson.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

assuming they enter the draft.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 pm

VISA wrote:
Move harris to SG and draft abdul gaddy. Or keep devin At PG and draft A Pf the best availible PF is probably demarcuz cuzin or john henson.

they would just draft John Wall if they were to move Harris to SG
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:43 pm

John Wall would be a good help for them but i think they would do better when thet draft Turner from Ohio State
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Turner is out for like...8 weeks w/ an injury.
His draft stock is dropping a bit from that.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 am

They should always get the best player available and go from there.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:30 pm

thewiz06 wrote:

Shouldn't they draft the best player available that suits their needs? Because Wall is a virtual lock for the No. 1 slot, and the Nets already have Harris. I can only see them drafting Wall if they decide to trade down to get Favors/a pick or another player.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 am

CAguystukinNC wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:

Shouldn't they draft the best player available that suits their needs? Because Wall is a virtual lock for the No. 1 slot, and the Nets already have Harris. I can only see them drafting Wall if they decide to trade down to get Favors/a pick or another player.

Well Wall has to declare first (okay, he pretty much is because Calipari doesn't care if his players graduate). But if the Nets are #1, they should pick Wall. Perhaps the Wizards will be willing to take him and give the Nets their pick and another player which would be almost a Top 5 if the draft were today, assuming Arenas is out.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Nets should trade Devin Harris and get some like a good SG or SF with another 1st Round pick than get John Wall

with the peices the Nets have getting a #1 pick can do wonders
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Get Wall.

Trade Harris.
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Probably John Wall but seriously I hope Wall drops to like the 6th pick, so sac can take him..

Imagine Evans + Wall + Martin
Now thats scarryyy

Scared
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

not reeally :/
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 pm

33 pnts 7 REBOUNDS 3 asts wrote:
Probably John Wall but seriously I hope Wall drops to like the 6th pick, so sac can take him..

Imagine Evans + Wall + Martin
Now thats scarryyy

Scared

Evans + Wall would be good...but Martin would be put as sixth man Smile
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Draft John Wall
And then trade Harris.

IMO teams should always draft in terms of talent rather than need.
Cuz the better the talent, the better the assets.
And you don't always have to hold onto those assets, you could just trade them.

I'm pretty damn sure that the Nets would get a pretty sweet deal for Devin Harris.
So draft Wall, then trade Harris for multiple pieces thus filling up the roster with good players.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Distant Relatives wrote:
Draft John Wall
And then trade Harris.

IMO teams should always draft in terms of talent rather than need.
Cuz the better the talent, the better the assets.
And you don't always have to hold onto those assets, you could just trade them.

I'm pretty damn sure that the Nets would get a pretty sweet deal for Devin Harris.
So draft Wall, then trade Harris for multiple pieces thus filling up the roster with good players.

And then win more than 5 games cheers
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:19 pm

after the way Evan Turner has been playing lately he might be the #1 choice

imo Evan Turner is the best player in College Basketball this season
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Both have games that I think would transfer well to the NBA. Wall is 2 years younger, though, so he's got more of a chance to build on what he already has. I think his potential to be great is also much higher than Turner's, who seems to already be reaching his potential. Wall is clearly not there yet, so he has the much bigger upside.

Draft Wall, trade Harris.

Best player in college basketball doesn't mean anything when it comes to the draft. The NBA game is very different from the college one, and the scouts no that. Luke Harangody, Tyler Hansbrough, etc. Their college careers are amazing, but did anybody really want Hansbrough? Is anybody really gonna want Harangody? Certainly not. It's about how scouts believe their game will transfer and how much potential each player still has.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:36 pm

True that

Devin Harris if the Nets get the #1 pick is one of the reasons I was thinking that the Nets may consider going after Turner instead

the Nets considered trading Devin Harris so they might do that to get John Wall, or they may even stick with Harris at SG while Wall plays PG, or keep Harris and Draft Turner.

Both have great NBA potential agreed and Wall is slightly better as a pro prospect but the Nets may decide they already have a 1-time All-Star PG and decide to draft another star like Turner
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm

another benefit of going wall-can trade devin harris to even further lower their team salary
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 pm

John Wall!
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Draft Turner. Done deal. I know Wall is gonna be a great player out of the gate, but I don't know what they will get for Devin Harris, even from a team the needs a point guard... I think interest in Harris was died down from like... last season and with how bad the Nets have played and how poor the team has done doesn't make Devin exactly a wanted man.

Especially with a 4 more years and 8 mill a season and a string of injury prone years.

I don't know who would take that on.

I think the Bulls had some balls to select Rose over Beasley at the time of the draft as many media list had B-Easy as the #1 pick. If the Nets grew a pair I think Turner would be a solid pick for them.

If the Nets don't grab Evan, then I think they should take a PF for sure.

Cousins, who should stay another year has a world of potential, but has shown many signs of immaturity.

Favors, who should stay another year, I think would be the safer pick for them.

Cole Aldrich, who should get ready to have a Eric Montross career... okay... maybe a slightly better career than Eric "Frankenstein" Montross... would be a bad fit for NJ.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

I remember when the Bulls had the #1 pick that year. Hinrich was an already solid PG and the Bulls needed a big. I was contemplating weather or not to draft Beasley or Rose

Rose was the best player and had the best potential and Beasley wasn't really the type of big man the Bulls needed since he was just 6'8 with questionable D. Rose was a Chicago native and had a chance to be a star in his hometown. So far so well, this draft pick has worked out great

I agree with Nick C on Devin Harris. I don't think he'd be willing to be on the bench, and having him at SG would be a poor fit. Trading him would be tough since he's been apart of a 7 win team and has shoot a horrible percentage and made questionable decisions at times this year. His stock has fallen alot from where it previously was a year ago by alot

The gap between Turner and Wall isn't as big as it was between Rose and Beasley I believe.

Beasley was solely a scorer and rebounder and Rose is similar to Wall in College. Turner can do it all, dish, score, and rebound.

The Nets biggest need is at PF though. Yi Jianlian is terrible and as soft as a pillow.

Cousins and Favors it will both take a few years to develop

as somebody who likes GT I'd love for Favors to comeback but the coaching staff is okay with him leaving and expects him to. I think he'll be a solid PF at the NBA level and he's shown alot of maturity and is well manured. He just needs to develop a skill set at the college level a bit more, and stay out of foul trouble which has plagued him alot this year. Favors was a difference maker and took a 12-19 team to the 2nd Round of the tournament.

Cousins has been a dominant force rebounding and scoring inside for Kentucky. Maturity have foul troubles have been a problem for him too. He's also been a good passer. I think he's going to the NBA though and Coach Cal doesn't have a problem with players leaving

it generally takes big men longer to develop so both may need to stay 1 year but both have great NBA potential.

and Cole Aldrich ewwww. He's going to be nothing in the NBA
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

well they might not get the number 1 anyway, and this will no longer be an issue for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next