Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?

Go down 
+15
Koolish
KD35
wallshingtonwizard
Rush
EM:)
Saeed
cbi
Tar Heel
Nick C
Chosen One
Fox News
No Longer DEAD
brownie13
Darko
King Of NJ
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? Empty
PostSubject: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

they have the worst record in the NBA and possibility of the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft

Right now PG John Wall from Kentucky,PF Derrick Favors from Georgia Tech,SG/SF Evan Turner from Ohio State,C Cole Adrich from Kansas,PF Ed Davis from North Carolina,and SG/SF Wesley Johnson of Syracuse are in the mix.

since it's a lottery we don't know if they will even get the #1 pick but they have a good PG in Harris,and a good C in Lopez already.

I like the think they should get a PF if they can but maybe they'll get John Wall who's the most talented of the projected #1 picks and has a chance to be a really good player in the NBA and looks like he's head and shoulders the best player to draft #1 so far.

Maybe they pair up Wall and Harris. It'll be interesting
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

Turner
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
Turner

why do you think the Nets would take Evan Turner at #1?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

I think this guy is preety much talented player.He has good all around game for a Small Forward,is good on points,boards and i think he can improve his passing skills to make them even better

He would fit good in the Nets since with him they will have another scoring option,support for Lopez under the rim with his rebounding and a guy that can create for others like Harris
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 am

I think they'd be likely to take Favors because of his size, athleticism, and potential. They already have a very good point guard in Harris and hardly have the need for John Wall. Turner could be another option, but I doubt he gets drafted that high. I'm pretty sure they'd take Favors if they got the number one pick.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:44 am

The ideal choice would be John Wall, since he's the best player in this year's draft, but they don't need him at all. They could do something like the Clippers did, where they draft him and trade away Devin Harris. That's highly unlikely but you never know. If they don't choose to do that, then they'll choose Derrick Favors because Brook Lopez REALLY needs help rebounding.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

They shouldn't take wall, He's just not someone who seems to have much room to grow. They should take turner, They need a SF
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 am

I like Courtney Lee,Terrence Williams,and Chris Douglas-Roberts in the SG/SF spots

especially since CDR has proven to be a really good scorer.

I think they can draft Favors at PF too. He's a really skilled player and would be a good fit in the NBA I think. Yi Jianlian played well before the injury but is very injury prone and lacks aggressive he needs inside. I think Yi is a better big man coming off the bench
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Favors is the logical choice, with their biggest void being the PF spot. I just don't see any reason they would look to draft any other player if they got the number one overall pick.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Woody's Chalk Board wrote:
Favors is the logical choice, with their biggest void being the PF spot. I just don't see any reason they would look to draft any other player if they got the number one overall pick.

Nets have a lot of voids...the only spots that are filled as of now are PG and C. Nets could use a lot of help on offense, their defense actually has been pretty solid (around 95 PPG) but their offense has been pitiful. In this case, I actually think they should take Wall and in the offseason make Harris a SG, seeing that he's already a combo. Favors is a great choice too, but before they draft a big man they need to draft someone who can help their offensive woes.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

I dont follow college but i think they should maybe get turner cause there is no need for wall with harris, and with all due respect i am loosing hope for great big men out of the draft cause the NBA hasnt been getting any great bigs at all.

Love,Thabeet,Griffin(so far)
If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? 902265
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:21 pm

John Wall. Then trade him to a team that needs a "star in the making" PG for a verteran scorer or draft Evan Turner who is averaging 19.8 points, 12.8 rebounds and 6.7 assists is 6'7 and is making 62% of his shots to place in the swing man position (SG/SF... hell... he can even run the point.).
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:26 am

I like Nick C's take on this

They should cancel the lottery. The Nets are 0-18 so bad that they should just be given the #1 pick
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 am

Konj,you what's the worst part of this thing?

If the Nets don't get #1 draft pick they are screwed,i mean for gods sake they should give the #1 spot for New Jersey and let the other teams in some lottery
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:07 am

I agree

I think probability of winning the lottery should go by the amount of games you lose rather than the place you finish.

I think it should be really how bad you are record wise. Nets still have alot of young talent and this is a deep draft so they have alot to work with. They're not 0-18 bad as I said in another post but their record wouldn't show you that

When you're 0-18 and this ridiculously bad you should just be given the #1 Draft Pick.

TWolves are 2-16 so maybe some chance to catch them
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:10 am

I havent been watching college ball this seson,Where is renardo sydney? I haven't heard anything on him.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:17 am

Reynardo Sydney has not been academically certified to play yet for Mississippi State.

Mississippi State is already one of the best teams in the SEC without him. Jarvis Varnardo is still a force inside. If he becomes eligibile it'll be beastly

and the Nets wouldn't take Syndey #1, and he wouldn't be a Top 10 pick since he's missed many games already
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Take Wall, then trade down for Favors and another pick or something. Or just draft Favors outright. Really, the Nets are one of the only teams that won't take Wall. Unless they chose to play Wall and Harris together, but I can't see that happening. I can, however, see Harris dishing the ball to a frontcourt of Favors and Lopez...that would kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Wall will be a huge bust, I call it!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Nets should draft manny harris, Guys a beast!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 pm

He's good, but Evan Turner virtually does the same things Manny does, but better.
Not to mention, I'd say as of right now PF is a better option than SF for the Nets.. not to mention they shouldn't draft anybody there if they evne have the slightest chance at LBJ.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Evan Turner is one of the best in the NCAAs this season. His game translates will into the game

A good scorer who can pass and rebound plus he has the agility and quickness.

The Nets are good at SG/SF with Courtney Lee,Chris Douglas-Roberts,and Terrence Williams.

They lack depth at PF. Yi Jianlian is always injured. Josh Boone and Shawne Williams suck.

Drafting Derrick Favors at PF would be perfect.

and I havent seen Ron Burgundy on here in a while. I can only imagine what hes thinking lol
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 pm

This team is going to fall, horribly, unless they sign or acquire a veteran leader. They need someone who can teach everyone, mentor everyone. Someone who will take the shot with 2 seconds left (Courtney Lee CAN NOT do it). Someone to score 60 on an All-time Great team.

If they don't get that, this youngass team can't carry it, with everyone trying to be that player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 pm

I think Derick Favors, he and Lopez would be one of the most dominant front court in the NBA because both are good post up players but also can hit shot.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:22 am

Couldn't hurt Yi Jianlian is garbage!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?   If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select? Empty

Back to top Go down

If the Nets have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft who do they select?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next