Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Khai...its gotten worse

Go down 
+3
Straight Edge Bluntness
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Both Raja Bell (just acquired by trade) and Kelenna Azubuike are having surgeries that are most likely season ending. Bell is electing to have the wrist surgery he passed on in the pre-season, and Azubuike is having the patellar tendon in his knee repaired.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:19 pm

You know what would be great, Don Nelson gets fired this season, and never gets an NBA coaching job again, leaving him just shy of Lenny's record. Nelson doesn't deserve that honor.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Destiny wrote:
Randolph is a future stud, but Nelson is always on his period when it comes to him. He's inconsistent and hasn't developed a jumper yet (Nelson LOVES big men who shoot), He's struggling to get minutes right now because he isn't a C, but we don't have anyone else to play the position (he comes off the bench to play there). When Biedrins and Turiaf return, Nelson will have no choice but to slide him to starting PF, since or wings are depleted, and Maggette will no longer get the majority of his minutes there. I really want to see him start getting a solid 30 minutes a game to see what he can do, but again, its all up to Nelson, who can never seem to stop changing his mind when it comes to lineups and playing time.

Man I hope so. I followed Anthony since his last couple of breakout games in the 2008-2009 season. Then through Summer League and pre-season... I pegged him for a breakout year and was hoping to get results this year... I was able to pick him up late in the draft... I thought I got a steal. I want to hold on to him. Hoping Nelson gives it up... eventually.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Yeah he did!!!I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy back somewhere too. And other coaches, like Paul Silas & even Rudy T. & Hubie Brown if health permits them to & if they someday grow tired of the front-office jobs they have. I mean all those 5 coaches are out of a job, while some guys like a disinterested Nelson, a joke in Lawrence Frank, a no-name in Lionel Hollins, and someone who doesn't know how to run a franchise in Jeff Bower. All have jobs go figure!!!

Last edited by TonyEM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Destiny wrote:
You know what would be great, Don Nelson gets fired this season, and never gets an NBA coaching job again, leaving him just shy of Lenny's record. Nelson doesn't deserve that honor.

I agree. I feel like you would see a different Warriors team altogether.

Sad thing is that on his way to trying to break the record for most wins, he will also be in the running to accumulate the most loses by an NBA coach. I'm almost hoping (sorry... not to dump loses on yer team) that he gets THAT record and they fire him.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:25 pm

That's good then Lenny Wilkens will maintain the most wins and become the 2nd all-time coach in losses instead of having the honors for both, but at least he still has his ring. How many losses does Donnie have behind Wilkens anyways is it close?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:29 pm

TonyEM wrote:
That's good then Lenny Wilkens will maintain the most wins and become the 2nd all-time coach in losses instead of having the honors for both, but at least he still has his ring. How many losses does Donnie have behind Wilkens anyways is it close?

21 loses to overtake Lenny's record.

Last edited by Nick C on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

He can pass him in both categories this season. He needed 23 wins entering the season, but I'm not sure how many losses he needed. I think it is definitely more. Maybe it would be best to allow him to finish this season with such a crappy team, that he doesn't get the wins record, but does get the loss record, LMAO.

Hahahah. He's gonna get there for sure if its 21. Maybe hell get fired immediately following that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:34 pm

All my fantasy team needs is a little more blocking ability & a little bit more 3pt shooting. I have a logjam of G's that I can't really trade off, but that's okay they are productive. I want to pick up some known blocker or trade for a better 3pt assurance or maybe just getting 3pt assurance from waivers. Thing is that I don't want to waive anyone just yet. I would probably pick up a guy like Murray, but he's not really reliable or Anthony Morrow. I have Iverson still on my roster I don't want to release him until I know for sure that he wouldn't play at least this season. I also picked up Kevin Martin from waivers. He's still got a few weeks out, but I dropped Brandon Rush for him and I'm deep enough to await his return (which can help me out). I also have Richard Hamilton injured right now & Duncan was gone for a bit. Yet I'm still scoring. I love my frontcourt
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:36 pm

That's what I would want it will be so funny. Wonder why after leaving on such terrible terms with Mark Cuban and Dallas why is his son Donnie Nelson JR still employed by the Mavericks after the way his father's relationship turned sour there.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:42 pm

I think Donny JR got in good with Cuban, and has a hold there as president. He's not the same ass that his dad is, so I think Cuban realized that. I really don't know much about what he does in his position with the Mavericks.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

Destiny wrote:
How exactly? We're over the cap. We got Vladi though!... Neutral

lol he's good player. Inconsistent but still, give him a chance Smile

too bad about Bell though, he's obv. the better player in that deal.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Don't worry, Jade. Nelson will probably love Vladi because he's tall and can shoot 3's. He'll be absolutely in love with the guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Radmanovic averaged 10 pts and 15 minutes a game in our system. *sigh* That's when you know you're bad. Neutral
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm

haha, awww.

well who can you get for Ellis since he wants to be traded? maybe you can trade Vladi along with him.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Vladi cannot be traded with any other player for a while. And he's not even an expiring contract. Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 5529

I want to trade Monta and Claxton (expiring contract) to Milwaukee for Redd (expiring). I think the Bucks could seriously be interested in the trade, as it would pair two of the quickest guards in the league together in Monta and Jennings.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm

wth@vladi.

why would they even agree to that trade then? o.O

Have the Bucks shown interest? If so, then that sounds good. But Nelson really has to go, I'm glad that more people are complaining maybe this will shed some light on the real issues over there.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Destiny wrote:
Vladi cannot be traded with any other player for a while. And he's not even an expiring contract. Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 5529

I want to trade Monta and Claxton (expiring contract) to Milwaukee for Redd (expiring). I think the Bucks could seriously be interested in the trade, as it would pair two of the quickest guards in the league together in Monta and Jennings.

The Bucks would not agree to that....Micheal Redd is their Franchise player they wouldn't trade him away for only Monta and a scrub named Claxton lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Maybe the Warriors really wanted Vladi to turn him into their own version of Dirk. Wink

I doubt the Bucks have shown interest, but if I was the Warriors, I'd figure out a way to get that deal done. Maggette is the one that really needs to go though. He eats up cap space and no longer has the potential to get better. What a waste of $50 million. At this point, If the Warriors can dump their contracts together for an expiring like Redd or McGrady, etc, then they should. Start fresh next season with Curry, Morrow, Azubuike, Randolph, and Biedrins.

Abdi, Redd is not going to be staying in Milwaukee next season, and they know that. He is also injury prone, as well as the fact that he is NO LONGER their franchise player (Jennings has already become that). Why wouldn't they make that trade for a 23 year old guard (ON contract for 4 more years) who could give them the most exciting backcourt in the NBA?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Yea but Redd wants to win, and Golden State is not 1 team known for winning. Redd is injury prone but he puts up solid numbers when he's healthy, I see a playoff contender landing Redd and i doubt Milwaukee wants to give him up for less then hes worth.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Hes an expiring contract Abdi. He's gone after this season anyway...I don't expect him to stay here either, but he'd clear up our cap space for the future, allowing us to resign guys like Randolph, Morrow, and Curry down the road.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:41 pm

wow if he's done this year then i see him going to one of the big market teams. But why would the Bucks want Monta? he's undersized and is inconsistent at times. The Bucks need Size and Monta doesn't provide that.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:47 pm

It makes them exciting, and gives the quickest backcourt in the NBA. If they could get a solid SF in the draft or through FA next season, they would have a pretty decent starting line.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Yea i see where your coming from, but what if the Bucks want go after somebody in the 2010 summer? i doubt their going to want Monta then.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

They'll still be able to get the smaller names, even with taking in his contract. Those are the only types of guys they really have a shot at anyways, because none of the big names is going to sign with them. It makes perfect sense for them. They could entice guys like Al Harrington, Josh Howard, Udonis Haslem, etc to come play with a young exciting backcourt and a decent (still improving) starting center in Andrew Bogut.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Well Charlie Bell their 6th Man who is decent is also what 30 years old & he received a 5 year contract in 2007 when Milwaukee matched Miami's offer @ the time pissing Bell off. That's why they need Monta, Bell is gonna be like 34 years old. Monta is only 24 years old and being that Milwaukee's franchise player Michael Redd will probably walk off in this off-season's free agency they should get something out of nothing if Redd just decided to leave. Trade him now and make Jennings the franchise player.

PG. BRANDON JENNINGS
SG. MONTA ELLIS
SF. CARLOS DELFINO
PF. HAKEEM WARRICK
C. ANDREW BOGUT
6. Luke Ridnour
7. Luc Mbah a Moute
8. Charlie Bell
9. Ersan Ilyasova
10. Jodie Meeks
11. Francisco Elson
12. Kurt Thomas/Dan Gadzuric

That's a pretty solid team & it rids GS of the 4 years Monta has on his contract. Milwaukee would bite on it to I think because even if Monta is a 4 year contract. The fact that they saved up money in the RJ trade and the fact that Kurt Thomas, Luke Ridnour, Fransisco Elson, Roko Ukic, Hakeem Warrick, & Roko Ukic means that they are in good 2010 free agentcy position.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Seeeeeee, Abid Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Khai...its gotten worse
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next