Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Khai...its gotten worse

Go down 
+3
Straight Edge Bluntness
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
brownie13
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Khai...its gotten worse Empty
PostSubject: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 am

Both Raja Bell (just acquired by trade) and Kelenna Azubuike are having surgeries that are most likely season ending. Bell is electing to have the wrist surgery he passed on in the pre-season, and Azubuike is having the patellar tendon in his knee repaired.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 am

Ouch. that sucks, is there any hope for acquiring anyone else by midseason or soon after?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:53 am

How exactly? We're over the cap. We got Vladi though!... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:53 am

Shocked

Wowzers.
That isn't good; this is shaping up to be a bad season for the Warriors so far.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 am

Warriors hopes are going down hill...........bad news after bad news.....this just sucks for them
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Lineup:
PG: Monta, oh wait, ...never mind Curry Neutral
SG: Stephe...Raj...Morrow Cool
SF: Azubuik....Corey Sad
PF: Rando...no Maggett...wait no its Randolph now Very Happy
C: Khai...its gotten worse 433975 Biedrins! cheers ... still hurt though Crying or Very sad

Bench:

Turiaf (HURT)
CJ Watson...*sigh* Khai...its gotten worse 853558
Radmanovic Khai...its gotten worse 5529
Whoever Monta is traded for... Khai...its gotten worse 67163
Mikki Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Damn,poor Warriors Sad
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:19 pm

STANK is the only word to describe us right now.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm

If you trade Monta just do what you did in the Stephen Jackson trade that was smart. I mean you relieved yourself of a disgruntled player that didn't wanna be there and saved up in cap from paying him what 35 mil for 3 seasons? Also he may have been your best player and you miss out in having your best scorer and defender, but Raja Bell is a very good defender (which you need) & he is a sharpshooter from 3 that's hit a lot of big shots. He may be injured for the year, but from an economical standpoint it's also a good trade cause he's a 1 year contract and I have a feeling that he will rejoin the Suns after this off-season. Radmanovic is a pretty good defender that has the ability to catch fire because he's a good outside shooter he's not so bad in getting.

Anyways, be smart and trade Monta he is under contract for 4 seasons and he is delusional if he thinks he is a good defender. Additionaly, he already said that even though he is the team's current best scorer along with Maggette that he wouldn't go all in and do more than necessary for the success of the team, like all leaders would do. I say good riddance to him trade him for a good player that is in the last year of his contract as well. Then try to shop around Maggette in the off-season.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

This is such a FAIL. They better make sure that the contracts we get back are EXPIRING this time. I don't want to be stuck with another Radmanovic for next season. What we really need is a true PG. I'd look to dump Monta and Corey to get one. Either that or a solid all around SF (preferably somewhat young). Its not likely to happen, but its what we need. Maybe we can trade them for Baron and Butler's expiring contract, hahaha. Right now though, we're depleted, we need to add depth on the wing, especially if we end up trading Monta.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Build the team around Azubuike when he returns that guy is good. And Morrow is a fuckn offensive torch when he's on. Biedrins is a double-double waiting to happen when on the floor. Keep all those guys!!! Why not try trading Monta to Houston for Tracy McGrady's expiring contract Houston made it clear they don't really want him and he's a Point-Forward. If he's healthy he can make you guys competitive this year and the 8th seed this year in the West isn't going to be 48 wins it'll be more like 40-42, so a healthy T-Mac may be enough. If not and he continues w. injuries then it's a non-issue cause he'll be gone after this off-season and you save up.

I'd look at signing FA Mike Taylor, PG if I was you guys too. I mean he had a pretty decent rookie season in an unfortunate situation playing for the Clippers. Groom him a bit...Also Rashad McCants an offensive plug off the bench is still a FA try and sign him. Then play the FA market in 2010, especially if you trade Maggette in the offseason. I mean try and lure in Amar'e, although unlikely. However, there are a lot of free agents just keep off Bosh, Redd, Johnson, etc. Rudy Gay is fair game.

Last edited by TonyEM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 pm

The Warriors should built their team around Azabuike

Like this should be their team
C:Andris Beidris-Solid,under-rated center,double-double machine
PF:Brandon Wright-When heathy i think he;s better then Randolph so he can be double-double machine(Randolph is good sub for him)
SF:Kelena Azabuike-The team should be built around him
SG:T-Mac?/Some superstar SG here/Or Anthony Morrow
PG:Steph Curry

For defensive sigments Raja Bell.Trade Elis,get a first pass PG or some other good player
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Watch Raja Bell go back to the Suns after this season though I have a feeling...

PG. STEVE NASH
SG. JASON RICHARDSON
SF. GRANT HILL/RAJA BELL
PF. AMAR'E STOUDAMIRE - If he stays
C. CHANNING FRYE
-. Leandro Barbosa
8. Jared Dudley
9. Louis Amundson
10. Goran Dragic
11. Earl Clark
12. Robin Lopez
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Maybe he will leave
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I love the McCants and McGrady ideas. I don't know if they'd go for it though, because they already have a high scoring PG in Brooks and a backup in Lowry. I don't think they'd find anywhere to play Monta. I think Milwaukee would be our likeliest trade partner though, with their lack of any decent SGs and SFs. I think we could probably send Monta and contract filler (Speedy Claxton would work) to them for Michael Redd's expiring contract. It would be enticing for Milwaukee to pair Jennings and Monta in the backcourt, with a athletic forwards like Hakim Warrick and and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 pm

If Raja goes to the Suns {again}

No longer would they be called a bad defensive team. I mean they\'re not the best defensive team around that\'s for sure, but this season with Jared Dudley (full season), Jason Richardson (full season), & Louis Amundson they\'re much improved. Imagine having Raja 1 of the games best perimeter defenders back? We all know they can score!!!

LOL when & if Monta Ellis gets traded the only 2 players that actually were in the rotation when the Warriors had that, \"We Believe\" season that would remain on the team would be Azubuike & Biedrins. Davis, Richardson, Jackson, Harrington, Pietrus, & Barnes are all gone & Monta may be soon to leave.

Last edited by TonyEM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Raja is aging though too. They would have Nash, Hill, and Bell for maybe 1 more decent season.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:02 pm

I know, but Nash is one of those Sam Cassell types he's like a fine wine ages well I can see 3 good years out of him. Hill & Bell would be good for 1 or 2 more seasons and the bench is getting better & they are like the old Suns w/o Shaq and defensively better too I might add. The time for them to reach a title is this and next year, so Bell would come along if he goes at the right time. After that the peak of a title is grim.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm

I guess he would be a nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:36 pm

I think once Bell found out he was headed to GS he felt like he didn't want to play for Nelson, thus the season ending surgery.

Also... I had Anthony Randolph on my fantasy team because I figured he'd get some playing time. What's up with Nelson's rotations man? AR gets like 22 minutes, puts up great to good numbers... but can never get a full game under his belt or get the start.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Nelson has some goofy rotations, especially in his second stint in GS seniority doesn't work if he who is in the position of seniority has gone senile. He should go back to traditional lineups, like:

PG. STEVE NASH
SG. MICHAEL FINLEY
SF. ANTOINE WALKER
PF. DIRK NOWITZKI
C. SHAWN BRADLEY
6. Antawn Jamison

Whatever happened to that? I remember that Dallas team they were nothing, but offense and were exposed a lot in the playoffs because of it, but at least they were standard rotations. Not what he has done in GS. To his credit though it worked with the team he had in 06-07. Nonetheless, that's not the same team he has now. However, by the looks of it I don't think he knows that.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm

I just think it's a shame that the GSW brass would rather that Nelson stay on to break the NBA record for coaching victories... I feel like thats why he's still there. He doesn't seem to want to be there... at least when i watch him on the sidelines he looks like he could care less about whats happening on the court.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm

True...

Lenny Wilkens deserves to comeback somewhere I've always thought not only was he a great player, but a very good coach as well. He deserves a chance to solidify his record.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Randolph is a future stud, but Nelson is always on his period when it comes to him. He's inconsistent and hasn't developed a jumper yet (Nelson LOVES big men who shoot), He's struggling to get minutes right now because he isn't a C, but we don't have anyone else to play the position (he comes off the bench to play there). When Biedrins and Turiaf return, Nelson will have no choice but to slide him to starting PF, since or wings are depleted, and Maggette will no longer get the majority of his minutes there. I really want to see him start getting a solid 30 minutes a game to see what he can do, but again, its all up to Nelson, who can never seem to stop changing his mind when it comes to lineups and playing time.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 pm

TonyEM wrote:
True...

Lenny Wilkens deserves to comeback somewhere I've always thought not only was he a great player, but a very good coach as well. He deserves a chance to solidify his record.

For real Tony.

At least Lenny won a ring as a coach. It almost tarnishes the award.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khai...its gotten worse   Khai...its gotten worse Empty

Back to top Go down

Khai...its gotten worse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next