Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who are the Lakers true rivals

Go down 
+10
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Tar Heel
Chosen One
No Longer DEAD
Raza
KD35
Nick C
YS
brownie13
#1 Rockets Fan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Lakers current rivals
Celtics
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 14 ]
Cavaliers
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rockets
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Suns
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Blazers
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mavericks
 0% [ 0 ]
Spurs
Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who do you think is or will be the Lakers most current rival this year. Personally I would either like to see a Lakers vs. Suns or Lakers vs. Rockets. Your opinions.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I just put the teams that I like to see match-up with the Lakers during the regular season.

A Rockets vs. Lakers rival would be epic, and maybe the Suns. Personally I agree with the Chosen One. I don't like rivals outside of the conferences because you only face them twice during the reg. season.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Rockets - Lakers are not rivals...

Not even close.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 pm

That doesn't really apply to the Lakers and Celtics since there's history in the playoffs as well.

And we had a rivalry with the Suns already. People always get hurt when they come to our arena which is why I don't attend those games. The fact that the Suns got better will only strengthen that tension IMO.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm

YS wrote:
Rockets - Lakers are not rivals...

Not even close.

I would love for it for form into a rivalry. Personally I loved the Rockets vs. Jazz rivalry, but that's dead since the Jazz now suck.

When the Rockets and Lakers face it's so much competition and emotion that goes into the game that reminds me of 'classic' basketball. (Minus the little antics by Ron Artest) It's the classic senerio of the underdog surprising the overdog.

What game are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 pm

I want to say Celtics, since it's the obvious aswer.

But I'm also good to see a Los Angeles - Cleveland happen soon. I mean, yeah, aside from Shaquille, every NBA player doesn't really blurt out who he dislikes. Instead, "Great player", or "I look forward to playing against him", or "Has an amazing future". Yeah, LeBron and Kobe both know that they would never pass a Lie Detector saying those lines about eachother. Of course, you can tell, it's going to get scrappy when they play. LeBron and Kobe are argueably the league's finest two players (it's not my opinion, just an opinion shared among most NBA fanatics). Their teams? Both teams hold amazing, talented players to surround the to great teammates. Both have good (over-rated, but forget about that) coaches. I'd like to see what happens when these two teams play.

LeBron to Kobe, Kobe to LeBron. Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum, Fisher. Parker, Williams, Hickson, O'Neal, Varajeo.

It's gonna go down.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 pm

I love the NBA!!!!
HaHa.
Can't wait till the Suns vs. Rockets game tomorrow. Who you got?
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 pm

The Cavaliers are not even rivals you'd actually have to play each other in heated post-seasons to be considered rivals. Dallas as well are not rivals.

#1. Boston Celtics - No love lost
#2. San Antonio Spurs - Alternating titles for the past decade, memorable post-season meetings
#3. Phoenix Suns - Have been rivals since the J.Kidd/Penny days
#4. Portland Blazers - Huge rivalry; no love lost as well
#5. Houston Rockets - A nice little rivalry is developing

Paul Westphal is a great coach and the Kings have a talented young nucleus as the players mature under Westphal's direction & they get some key/solid vets the Kings are playoff contenders sooner then you think. And the Kings/Lakers rivalry is worthy of a book dedicated in its honor. I would still put them as a rivalry.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Boston Celtics are the Lakers' true rivals! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Celtics.

The one thinh between lakers and cavs is "LeBron vs Kobe" nothing more than that.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Celtics have been Lakers rivals since the beging of the NBA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are the Lakers true rivals   Who are the Lakers true rivals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are the Lakers true rivals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2