Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150

Go down 
+2
Tar Heel
King Of NJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Josh Selby a PG heading to Kansas is the new #1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-1909

UNC has two top 10 prospects in #2 SF Harrison Barnes and #10 SG Reggie Bullock, and Kentucky has two in the top 10 in #3 C Enes Kanter and #6 PG Brandon Knight as the only schools with multiple Top 10 recruits

BQ- How about Washington's steals being able to snag both Terrence Jones and Terrence Ross before it was said and done?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Jones better not defect from Washington to Kentucky. Apparently Calipari called him right after and tried to guilt-trip him. Hope he stays with Washington.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:04 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Jones better not defect from Washington to Kentucky. Apparently Calipari called him right after and tried to guilt-trip him. Hope he stays with Washington.

I heard about that too. There was apparantly rumors that Calipari contacted him and he had 2nd thoughts.

I think he's staying at Washington though.

Calapari is desperate they have no PF for next season and Terrence Jones was the last hope. That's what happens when you have 4 one and done freshman, and another early entrant

Today Jones' HS Coach stated he's still committed to Washington

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2011781027_jones_hs_coach.html

also did you hear about Kentucky's terrible GPA barely above a 2? They haven't done much in the classroom so somethings wrong at Kentucky too. No surprise for a Calipari coached team. Two players even had 1.8 GPAs

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/kentucky-basketball-players-have-trouble-making-the-grades/1
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I know! Lmao...no offense to the Kentucky guys that did well (Patterson was supposed to be able to graduate as a junior, Wall supposedly had all As and Bs), but a GPA of 2.05 is pathetic. Also, that's pretty amusing that Calipari holds a press conference immediately after that story broke.

Still...disappointed with UCLA. Missed all 3 big recruits we were shooting for (Ray McCallum and Trey Zeigler went to play for their dads, Jones went to Washington). And our big five-star recruit, Josh Smith, is supposedly looking overweight...not unlike our last 5-star center who barely played at all because of it and transferred to Baylor... pale
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:39 pm

hope jones goes to kentucky

dont want to have to play him Shocked
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Providence with 2 players Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm

cool...markel starks is my cousin...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:33 am

Crocodile Alligator wrote:

word? for real?

I also think Memphis' recruiting class with PG Joe Jackson, SG Will Barton, SF Jelan Kendrick and PF Tarik Black is better than Kentucky's of PG Brandon Knight, SG Doron Lamb, SF Stacey Poole, and C Enes Kanter.

and a good debate this yr will be who's better: Brandon Knight or Josh Selby?

I think Barnes will be the best Freshman, but Selby will be the best Freshman guard
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

[quote="Jerry Hughes to the Colts"]
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

I heard about that too. There was apparantly rumors that Calipari contacted him and he had 2nd thoughts.

I think he's staying at Washington though.

Calapari is desperate they have no PF for next season and Terrence Jones was the last hope. That's what happens when you have 4 one and done freshman, and another early entrant

Today Jones' HS Coach stated he's still committed to Washington

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2011781027_jones_hs_coach.html

also did you hear about Kentucky's terrible GPA barely above a 2? They haven't done much in the classroom so somethings wrong at Kentucky too. No surprise for a Calipari coached team. Two players even had 1.8 GPAs

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/kentucky-basketball-players-have-trouble-making-the-grades/1

There isn't much incentive to study hard and meet continuance standards when a player is intent on being one and done, which are the types of players Calipari is getting. Instant wins now, worry about the consequences later when they come up. Given what the article indicates, most players were barely over 2.0, and few players had GPA's above 3.0 (only one guy had a 3.5). This is another negative consequence of the one and done provision of the NBA right now, and it must be tweaked asap.

I know people will use this quote against me:
"In December, Calipari proudly noted that freshman John Wall had all A's and B's in the fall semester, and UK touted three seniors plus junior Patrick Patterson on target to graduate this spring. So the burden of the 2.025 GPA appeared to fall on some combination of other players."

Sure, John Wall may have been above the mark (he may have been the student with the 3.5 GPA), as well as Patrick Patterson who was a senior academically. But most of those other guys are still intent on playing in the pros asap and if they didn't have to go to school they won't.

Last edited by thewiz06 on Thu May 06, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Also a GPA barely above 2.0 is pathetic. These days at most colleges and universities, grade inflation is the norm. A B is now the new C. That is evident in the fact that UK's average GPA was a 2.9. Some other places like Duke grade inflation is crazy where every kid there seems to be graduating cum laude!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Jerry Hughes to the Colts wrote:
Crocodile Alligator wrote:

word? for real?

I also think Memphis' recruiting class with PG Joe Jackson, SG Will Barton, SF Jelan Kendrick and PF Tarik Black is better than Kentucky's of PG Brandon Knight, SG Doron Lamb, SF Stacey Poole, and C Enes Kanter.

and a good debate this yr will be who's better: Brandon Knight or Josh Selby?

I think Barnes will be the best Freshman, but Selby will be the best Freshman guard

Yep...from my moms side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150   Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting is pretty much wrapped up as the impact players are taken, and here is Rivals.com's Final Top 150
Page 1 of 1