Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? Empty
PostSubject: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I really think he can still be great in this league and if they start him, he will average as an all-star. He averaged 12 points coming off the bench for Memphis, so I really think he can be solid. In Minnesota he could do something, also in New York, Golden State and New Jersey. Too bad he has been waived, I hope he doesn't retire. I believe in you Allen! Go get them little guy! I wish the best to Allen.

My Question for you guys is, which team would give him the most chances of resurrect?
a. Wolves
b. knicks
c. warriors
d. nets
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:52 pm

the warriors? how would he benefit us? we have too many guards as it is...

wolves are building and already have flynn and sessions...

knicks obviously didn't want him...but I guess of the 4 it would be the best fit

nets are building for the future too...

hes still a good player, but until he learns he can't do what he once did, he's not going to be starting for anyone. he isn't a cancer, or a bad player, but he isn't good enough to be a teams' only offense and anymore. no team wants him until he realizes that.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:00 pm

I agree with Ryan....

And AI is still capable of many things...
But now...his offense isn't that good enough to put his defense and attitude under the rug....

As far as which team is the best for him....
I guess the Knicks......
Can't think of any right now...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:32 pm

He can do AMAZING things for a team...off the bench.

What he needs to realize is that he can't play at the level he could when he was 26. Now he's 34 and actually has the potential to be an amazing bench player. He needs to get his attitude straight and finish his career on a good note
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Allen iverson IS a starter. He should NOT acept coming off the bench, he's to good for that.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 pm

He didn't accept coming off the bench in Detroit.
He's gone

He didn't accept coming off the bench in Memphis
He's gone
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

AI is capable of great things if he can subdue his ego. Just because he's never played off the bench in his career doesn't mean it won't ever happen. If he accepts coming off the bench, hell, he could be the 6th Man of the Year.

Wolves-No. They have talented youngsters at guard, and are rebuilding; they wouldn't want AI to wreck that development.
Knicks-Ehhh...of the four teams, this is the one I could see happening, particularly with their tremendous PG struggles of late, but they don't want him. Although I would greatly enjoy seeing AI in D'Antoni's offense. I'm waiting to see what TonyEM thinks of this idea.
Warriors-No. By trading Jackson, they've made Monta Ellis, a combo guard, the unquestioned leader of the team. Plus, they drafted Stephen Curry. Not happening.
d. Nets-No. Similar to the Wolves, they have nice young talent at guard (Devin Harris and Courtney Lee can become one of the best backcourts in the NBA, I think), and are in rebuilding mode. Again, they wouldn't want AI to ruin it, especially with all the drama baggage he brings when they have plenty of drama going around already (potential move to Brooklyn, new owner, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?   Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who else thinks Allen Iverson can still do great things?
Page 1 of 1