Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Allen Iverson =

Go down 
+4
BNB
YS
Teh Big O'reilly
Rush
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Allen Iverson. During the last few years, the conflict with Raptors VC vs AI was huge. I really hated Allen, I thought he was a very selfish person that only cared about himself. I thought that until he got taken back by the Philadelphia 76ers. Iverson, seeing him cry, and in the press confrence, I realized AI has changed. I used to hate him so much because of his attitude towards himself. Allen Iverson has said that he knows it isn't his team anymore, it is Andre Igoudala's. And with that of me hearing my opinion changed on Iverson right away. He isn't a bad person. The signing of him coming back to Philly has changed his heart in my beliefs. He isn't trying to be a franchise here, he's trying to help his former team. Allen Iverson has my respect, and support. Cool Cool

Last edited by Rush on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

He's had mine since I've known about him.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Rush wrote:
During the last few years, the conflict with Raptors VC vs AI was huge.

That didn't really make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Yea. The few years when it was AI vs VC in playoffs was huge for me, and continuing to watch basketball.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Allen Iverson = nothing more then a bench player at this point of his career
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Maybe...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Rush wrote:
Maybe...
Hey! Don't change your mind so easily Very Happy
Don't listen to the haters Razz
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 am

AI=Awsome player
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 am

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
A.I=Awesome player
Agreed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am

Longhorns wrote:

Ouch.

AI = a guy who can carry a team to the 8th seed, but nowhere else
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Allen iverson=still an allstar player,still a top 5 SG in the NBa a guy who averaged 27 ppg and 5 APG season before last.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Chris7 wrote:
Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
A.I=Awesome player
Agreed Very Happy

Yeah,he's Top 5 SG of All Time.In my book,Top 3 SGs ever skills whise
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:55 pm

<W><C><B> wrote:
Longhorns wrote:

Ouch.

well he def. didn't make a diff. for the Pistons last year. In fact, they played worse with him there. This was when he WAS starting with them. I remember when that trade was first made everyone thought that the Pistons got the better of that deal. Look how that turned out. And so far the 2 games he has played with the 76ers.... he hasn't looked that good.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Longhorns wrote:
<W><C><B> wrote:
Longhorns wrote:

Ouch.

well he def. didn't make a diff. for the Pistons last year. In fact, they played worse with him there. This was when he WAS starting with them. I remember when that trade was first made everyone thought that the Pistons got the better of that deal. Look how that turned out. And so far the 2 games he has played with the 76ers.... he hasn't looked that good.
OMG just OMG
Many people forgot that the Pistons was 23-13 with Iverson and Rip Hamilton starting in the back court, an injury of Rip made Joe Dumars' fantasy to put Stuckey in the starting lineup true.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Chris7 wrote:
Longhorns wrote:
<W><C><B> wrote:
Longhorns wrote:

Ouch.

OMG just OMG
Many people forgot that the Pistons was 23-13 with Iverson and Rip Hamilton starting in the back court, an injury of Rip made Joe Dumars' fantasy to put Stuckey in the starting lineup true.

moving to detroit from denver, AI started to shoot the ball more. [13.6 SPG to 14.7 SPG] yet, his PPG went down and his FG% went from 45% to 41% and his APG went down by 2. He fell off once he left denver.

Right now, if AI doesnt play with an amazing player like Melo, he looks very average. and even playing next to Iguodala and brand or w/e isn't helping.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm

wow...You never talked about individual performance or something, (do you even read what you writing) you clearly said they played worse and the fact that they was 23-13 proves they wasn't, they won cavs,celtics and many good teams unlike now.Imagine if Rip never was out with injury they could have easily be a top 5 seed but no they played worse.Lmao
Right now he is out of shape its clear, but wait the season is far from over.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Can you give me a link where it shows that they were 23-13 with Hamilton and AI? becasue i dont remember it like that... but I could be wrong.

and Hamilton still played 67 games last year.. its not like he missed 50 games.. so he and AI had a lot fo time to play together.

and if AI was still so great last year, why wasn't he able to lead the team when Hamilton went down? I mean... he did it with a Philly team a while back when they had NO ONE.

he is WAY past his prime and not starter material anymore imo
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm

When Rip came back their coach used A.I at SG Rip SF and Stuckey PG how could he lead his team?how could they win games like this?they were miss matched every play.
Then Rip started Shooting a lot more and averaging many point but loosing and they had to bench A.I or Rip because they said Stuckey is a All-Star material and will never be benched again.

I Dont say he is still in his prime or he is kobe or even a franchise player but he aint bench player for sure.

About the link maybe i will come up later i might find one.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 pm

noo... when Rip came back, he went to the bench because AI refused to go to the bench. Rip just didn't complain about it. AI was benched for 4 games and said it affected his game. How the hell does coming off the bench make u play worse? basketball is basketball no matter when u get in the game.

Rip start shooting more? he only averaged 15.6 SPG last year. His career average is 15 SPG. how is that shooting a lot more?

and AI is averaging 11 PPG this year with a bad FG%.... how are those starter numbers?
Back to top Go down

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm

To be honest with you guys, I think AI is one of the most overrated players in the NBA history. I'm not going to deny his talent, his heart, and hustle. He's one of the most talented players in the history of the game. It's his inability to put team before himself that really hurts his reputation. I know, I know, he took the 2000-2001 Sixers to the NBA Finals. Let's remember the Sixers had defensive-minded players in Lynch, Hill, Snow, Mutombo, Ratliff (before he was traded to the Hawks), McKie, and Bell. AI would hold on to the ball too long frequently and jack up tons of shots. I've seen him shoot 9-25, 9-27, 10-28, 10-30, 11-30, etc. often during that season. He was shooting around 42%.....not that great compared to other elite guards in the league during that time. AI basically could do whatever he wanted even tho he made a lot of mistakes (turnovers, missed shots, etc.) because Larry Brown knew that his defensive-minded players will stop other teams on the defensive end and rebound too. They were able to mask AI's ineffectiveness.

AI didn't really take the Nuggets that far even though they were the most talented team AI ever had in his entire career. Same goes with the Pistons. The bottom line is AI's stubborness and selfishness has prevented him from achieving greatness like Bird, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Jordan, etc. Just imagine if he played within the team concept.....BOY, he would be one of the greatest players ever. He's a good example of great talent being wasted.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Longhorns wrote:
noo... when Rip came back, he went to the bench because AI refused to go to the bench. Rip just didn't complain about it. AI was benched for 4 games and said it affected his game. How the hell does coming off the bench make u play worse? basketball is basketball no matter when u get in the game.

Rip start shooting more? he only averaged 15.6 SPG last year. His career average is 15 SPG. how is that shooting a lot more?

and AI is averaging 11 PPG this year with a bad FG%.... how are those starter numbers?
Well, im not talking about the whole season just few games before A.I got benched Rip started shooting more.

Like i told you the season is far from over
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 pm

well... u hears it from a Sixers fan [NBA historian] haha.

thats one big reason why i'm not a fan of AI. He is a very selfish player. Even now past his prime he still wants things his way. I will never say he is/was a bad player... because I would be lying. But he will never never and has never won a championship because of his attitude ond selfishness.

and like NBA historian pointed out, he shot A LOT sometimes. Thats obviously gonna make his stats look better. If you shoot the ball 30 times, you better end up with at leaat 30 points that game haha.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Chris7 wrote:
Longhorns wrote:

Well, im not talking about the whole season just few games before A.I got benched Rip started shooting more.

Like i told you the season is far from over

if you ere a pistons fan last year... who would you want shooting the ball more. Rip or AI?

if u pick AI... you're just being biased. There would NO other reason to pick him.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:35 pm

look what i just found

http://www.nba.com/pistons/schedule/results_2008.html check the first 35games when A.I was playing with Rip
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 pm

ok thanks.

ill look over it right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Allen Iverson = Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson =   Allen Iverson = Empty

Back to top Go down

Allen Iverson =
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next